Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:01:00 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  Guardsman Boards
| |-+  Guardsman Duties
| | |-+  Recruit Duties
| | | |-+  Recruit Duty ~ Bashing The Brutes
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Recruit Duty ~ Bashing The Brutes  (Read 3258 times)
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« on: December 15, 2008, 09:10:00 am »

Covians don't need any excuses to give the orcs a damn good thrashing, but this mission has other objectives too. Not only will it show the greenskins who's boss and lower their morale with the slaying of their champions, but we will also recover some much needed shadow iron ore from the fort that the buggers have mined from the Glemores for new mercenary uniforms.

~ Lead an expedition to the Cove orc fort.
~ Take at least 2 other guardsmen.
~ Slay the orc brutes and recover no less than 100 shadow iron ore. Plus any coins you can carry.
~ Post a full report on the main notice board. (In Character Board)

This task may be completed by Guardsman Recruits only.
This task may only be completed once per character.

Commander's comments: Make sure your party has plenty of room in their packs to carry the ore and whatever loot you can back to the stores. And recruit... Don't die a horrible death eh?

*signed*

Raiden, Commander.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 08:08:29 am by Raiden Morana » Logged

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2018, 07:14:15 pm »

*Raiden re-pins the overdue duty to the top of the board*

Need to keep the recruits busy and put the orcs to the blade.

*signed*

Raiden Morana, Senior Guardsman.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Saerandir
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2018, 02:33:46 pm »

Led by Guardsman Recruit Saerandir

Attended by - Officer Cadet Leanne Melior
                     Distrusted Recruit Tingleith.

It was very quiet at the barracks today so I thought it would be the perfect time to do my last recruit task needed for promotion. Luckily two other guardsmen were around the barracks and offered to help.

We raced to the Orc fort and began slaying the orcs but we noticed there wasn't a brute amongst them. We fought our way to the dock side before one even appeared. We had left behind a trail of dead orcs which probably enraged the Brute into attacking us. With that one down we began looking for more and slowly began building a pile of shadow ore near the entrance of the fort.

Two more brutes down and we settled into an easy rhythm with Tingleith attacking first and swinging her axe around whilst Miss Melior and I stabbed or shot at the Brute whilst holding off any smaller Orcs that gathered around us.

It wasn't long before we had gathered enough shadow iron ore to haul back to the barracks and over five thousand gold to match.

Estelwen
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2018, 03:57:00 pm »

Led by: Guardsman Recruit Estelwen
Attended by: Watchman Aralin Erocea.

After the sentry Aralin suggested I led a patrol to the graveyard as I mentioned seeing it was active she then checked and saw this duty instead and explained to me about Guardsmen Duties and how I would be required to do them if nothing was organised.

I thought the idea was a little crazy but went along with it. We arrived at the Orc fort and slowly fought our way through it bringing down the huge Orc brutes one at a time and hauling the required ore back to the mountainside.

We worked well together as I attacked the smaller Orcs and Aralin targeted the larger one which could hit very hard as I found out when I got too close. Our careful plan worked as we managed to gather the needed ore. Aralin retrieved a packhorse to help us carry it back to the Barracks.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length