Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 01:00:01 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  Guardsman Boards
| |-+  Guardsman Duties
| | |-+  Watchman Duties
| | | |-+  Watchman Duty ~ Get Kraken
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Watchman Duty ~ Get Kraken  (Read 5163 times)
Sergio
Covian Guardsman
Covian Regular

View Profile
« on: July 24, 2011, 09:32:54 am »

I've remembered how horribly boring the recruit and watchman tasks could be so I figured I'd pin up something that may suit the tastes of the more adventurous watchmen, All you have to do is run through Shame and find and kill a kraken...oh and place a banner there too you can never place enough banners.

~ Kill a Kraken on the second level of shame.
   ~ Place a banner outside shame before entering.
   ~ To be done in a group of two or more.

This task may be completed by Guardsman recruits and Watchmen
This task may only be completed once per character

Note: I heard Kraken taste like chicken

*Signed*
Sergio Jarrett
Regular Scout
« Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 10:46:48 am by Raiden Morana » Logged
Tommy
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2011, 05:12:01 pm »

Into the depths of Shame

...well, not that deep... it's more like... "Into Shame" to be exact!

In Attendance

Watchman Tommy Nottinbury
Regular Scout Sergio Jarrett

After spending a some time this afternoon chatting with Sergio we eventually decided we had best do some work. I'd noticed an order laying around the barracks about killing some Kraken beast in the depths of Shame, so that's what we decided to do.

The trek to shame wasn't a difficult one though it took a fair while. My former home of Stonekeep was deserted as we past through, I had hoped to take the trip through to inform them of my my new career path, better they hear it from me direct than find out by chance or during an event I suppose.

As we fought our way through the lower levels, we chatted and joked. As we drew closer to the portal I told him of the time three Valorite Elements found their way into Stonekeep, he told me of the time a Verite Element had run amok through the Arcanists of Cove.

The fighting was fairly standard throughout the patrol. The worst came as we reached the Kraken and got jumped by half a dozen beasts. Water elements, rock beasts, a Kraken and a Sea Serpent. Still, we got through it alive and that's all that counts.

For the coffers of Cove we each returned with the sum of 7000 gold.

Watchman Tommy Nottinbury
Atrus Kien
Covian Guardsman
Covian Regular

It wasnt me... maybe...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2011, 01:40:53 pm »

GET KRAKEN!

Attending:

Watchman, Atrus Kien
Watchman, Veronica Tillian

After a fight of somewhat and finding out something that really put a bother on me I thought it would be best if I use this extra rage building up in me and go do something. I found Veronica walking to the barracks so I lined her up and we set off!

After some mishaps on my part it told awhile just to get the right gate to Shame. 

After I found the right Gate we finally set out!

It didn't take as long as I thought to crawl down to the depths of the earth and find the Krakens lair. After all Ver had me (even though we had a few mishaps along the way) with her!.
We finally made it to the bridge and crossed it to see a big squid there. Knowing this squid was in fact a Kraken, we lead the charged for a fight!

We sure did get a fight too, but we were kinda slow so the brother of the first one came over to whomp on us too! But in the end we killed it too and to show our love for cove we Banner up the bridge!

Out of the both of us we gathered up gold for the Coffers a totally of...

At the end of the hunt we both got a trophy and the Coffers is one set further of gettin filled!

Signed,

- Watchman, Atrus Djuken Caelith D'Ni Kien

Sheriam Palmer
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2018, 01:10:46 am »

In Attendance:
Sheriam Palmer, Watchman and Leading
Saerandir, Watchman
Fritz Segur, Watchman

Report:

The on duty guardsmen this afternoon were three Watchmen (and Watchwomen!) protecting the lands of Cove.  We all still had some time before the recruitment stall that evening so I put together a hunt for this deadly Kraken so mentioned.

Watchman Fritz suggested that we head to the Felucca Shame, as we may have more luck there. As time was against us we did a quick forced march to this location, through the dead trees and gravestones of this forsaken land. We laid out the banner infront of the dungeon and headed quick step to the second floor, where we expected this beast to live.

After some brave fighting by both of the Watchmen who joined me we had cleared our way to the lake inside the dungeon. Alas, no Kraken was to be found. We then fought our way to the northern lake to try our luck there but all we found was some more mud elementals and bedrolls.

While regretfully we did not find any Krakens here today, a mighty haul of 18,000 coins was donated to the coffers. A fine haul of magical rubbish scrap metal was also collected for the smithies.

Signed
Watchman Sheriam Palmer
Tingleith
Covian Citizen

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2018, 11:25:55 am »

Notices the duty on the board and memorises the details....

So firstly i started by throwin down a banner at shame like requested took on this duty alone given my ability to sneak about it seemed logical

Attended
Tingleith , Watchman (Leading)

As i traversed the depths of shame i came across some mean foes here and there but the only two i actually had too face toe to toe wer a giant ogre guardian teh bridge as he spotted me trying to climb along the bottom of it and the kraken because as the duty states that was the target.....

*Throws down paintings*

Signed , Tingleith Watchman

Badges Held = "Untrusted Hair".
Mentee Of Regular Grenadier "Raven"
Self Proclaimed "Liberator" Of Nujel'm.
Nujel'm Campaign.
Raven
Highlander
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Legend

The Highlander

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2018, 01:38:36 pm »

Lead by:
Rook, Watchman

Attended by:
Marcus Kobra, Regular Guardsman
Leanne Melior, Officer Cadet
Tingleith, Untrusted Watchman

A small expedition was lead out to Shame in order to promote the Baronship with a banner and slay a Kraken. We departed to Shame and speedily made our way through the legions of clay and mud creatures. We slayed three Kraken for good measure. Around 10,000 coins were gathered and donated to the coffers.

*Signed, Rook*
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 01:45:06 pm by Raven » Logged

⚔ The Richter Crest ⚔ Order of Distinction ⚔ Border Wars ⚔ Trinsic Campaign ⚔ Vesper Civil War ⚔

[22:37] Hoagie: I think Raven would make a hot girl
[01:57] XxwarbringerxX: Raven would indeed make a hot chick.
Aralin Eroecia
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2018, 08:25:21 pm »

Lead By
Aralin Eroecia

Attended By  
Kros Vandor , Veteran Corsair
James Sward , Rookie Corsair
Ellis , Trainee
Osgar , Footman

Firstly i met our yewish comrades at stonekeep i bumped into kros who wasn't sure whether i was friend or foe , Given the fickle nature of alliance's he was a charming fellow though had me laughing in mere moment's , also in attendance was ellis who hadn't very many words to utter when i'd first arrived but guess he's a shy one shortly after sward and osgar arrived and joined the line.

We then hoofed it west to the entrance of the shame dungeon where upon our arrival i threw down the shades of tan and grey we love the covian banner , Which i admit was a little awkward infront of our yewish allies.

The expedition was perilous we we're surrounded by rocky creatures of all shapes and sizes but i luckily had these burly fellow's along to protect me and my tiny frame, after realising that the rocky foe's never seemed to end we made a dash for the second floor in search of the kraken we stumbled across a smaller indoor river. Which is most odd indeed the elemental's in there were sludgey and seem to absorb most blow's with ease making each one a slog to the next , Shortly we came across a group of sludge elementals and a kraken happened to come across to watch us fight , We then pounced on it and beat the livin hell out of it i then proceeded to slice a scale off with my knife as a souvenier.

Finally we finished up by returning to luna and checking everybody was still in one piece, We then exchanged pleasantries and went our seperate way's leaving me in a debt to our yewish comrades which i plan to repay when the oppurtunity arise's.

Signed , Aralin Eroecia , Watchman
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 08:31:01 pm by Aralin Eroecia » Logged

Badges Held : Nujel'm Campaign
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length