Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:23:09 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  Guardsman Boards
| |-+  Guardsman Duties
| | |-+  Completed Guardsman Duties
| | | |-+  Watchman Duty ~ After Those Jewels!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Watchman Duty ~ After Those Jewels!  (Read 2287 times)
Jassi Cowin
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

I'm a pepper!

View Profile
« on: May 14, 2018, 09:19:22 pm »

Hoh, ye did nay think it was stop there did you!? Go gather more gems Watchman. Steal them  if you have to! Our craftsmen need gems, so we're getting 'em gems. Gather 32 gems of each from the followin' list of gems and post a report below about yer jewel thieving! gathering!

Rubies
Amethysts
Diamonds
Emeralds
Rubies

-Gather how you see fit
- Would be easiest to gather some gold and buy from an jeweler NPC

-This task me be completed once per Watchman

*signed*

Jassi Cowin, Regular Guardsman

Sash Contains:
Ribbon of Activity
Order of Distinction

Mentoring:

Avalynn Vale
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Citizen

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2018, 06:25:53 am »

*report written neatly*

Upon seeing this pinned to the board, I took to the field in search of these gems. My first thought was Destard, those greedy Dragons keep HOARDS of gems in their lair. Upon getting there i realized just how big of a mistake it was. I was one little woman, against one HUGE lizard! i got the hell out of there and spoke with "Pickles" and formed a new plan. Those damned Earth Elementals carry them! I took to the New Haven Mines and killed two Elementals with one Mace!. Collected the Gems required, along with another donation to the Coffers. Below is the Sketch of my adventure.

Signed
Watchman Avalynn Vale

Marcus Kobra
Regular Grenadier
Cove Command
Covian Legend

"Death is certain, When is up to your Medic."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2018, 04:15:12 am »

Finding that we needed Gems and things I sat pondering how I might gather so many gems without expending my own limited funds to do so. That was when I remembered! I'd seen a report about slave miners in Covetous so I quickly set out rob them of anything they had. I met only light resistance as I made my way through caves and caverns until I could here the sounds of digging ahead. I there spyed many a headless animate miners, foul Guardian magics no doubt, their overseers where these short winged beasties whom once engaged fell easily to fire but in close seemed to gain vigor with each wound I took, I'm certain I saw at least one trying to lick blood from its claws! These beasts mayhap be some fledgling vampire spawn? I doubt nothing when seeing such foul beasts. Their overseers slain, and sufficient numbers of their fellows slain to assert dominance, the rest continued to mine and did not hinder my efforts further, though perhaps they meerly worked because they are mindless. . . one may never know. Whilst there I managed to gather the gems that where needed and 18,500 gold coins both from their own stockpiles and from the value of other miscellaneous gems I took.

All in all a grand Covian Victory!

*Some Sketches*

*Signed with a flourish*

Nicolae Alexandru Sorin, Watchman, Baronship of Cove

The Lord hath created medicines out of the earth; and he that is wise will not abhor them.
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2018, 05:50:07 am »

Good work Watchmen!

*signed*

Raiden Morana, Captain.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Saerandir
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2018, 06:08:23 pm »

Seeing as there was another request for gems I decided to head out again to the mines in Haven. As I was setting about killed the Earth Elementals Recruit Garshinkle arrived set to do the recruit version of this task so we worked together to kill as many Elementals as we could before our sword arms were aching.

We wondered why there were so many Earth Elementals in that mine and how they'd got there and Gar had a good theory about some mages casting spells to use them as tools to dig up the earth but something went wrong and it all got out of hand. Either way its not a safe place for miners now.

After killing many of the Elementals we took the spare gold and I showed Gar where a jewel merchant was so we could buy the rest with the gold we'd collected. I didn't realise Gar has an adverse reaction to portals so taking him to the merchant in Jhelom wasn't such a great idea. Hope he remembered to clean up the mess at the barracks after we used our runebooks to get back.

Hopefully this time the craftsmen will want this huge bag of gems otherwise I know someone who will be getting another gift.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length