Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 03:46:13 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  A Sinner's Journal-By Sarah Walder
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: A Sinner's Journal-By Sarah Walder  (Read 1262 times)
Avalynn Vale
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Citizen

View Profile
« on: June 06, 2018, 05:36:02 am »

My entire life I have been nothing more then a trouble maker. My family is from Yew, and not a one of them are Avatarian. So of course I grew up barbaric and little care for the churches ways. My brother Henry and I trained for years together to be Assassins, mercenaries for higher. We were good together, he always took the lead and I would follow behind with killing blows to all our targets. I trained with Poisons of all sorts just for the job. I enjoyed it greatly. Life in those days were great.

Eventually, Henry left and joined the Yewish army. I was at first heartbroken, I lost my partner. He said he had a dream and wanted to be a part of something bigger. Was I not big enough? As it turns out he and the rest of our family had the same idea, they all left me behind. Fine, I could take care of myself. I took jobs that originally Henry would not take. The nobles all played an evil game against the other. I was happy to play along. I was young, pretty, and a great actress, I was hired for inside jobs. It was so easy to play into a nobles hand, enter their bed chambers, and poison them before they could even touch me. Claim their death was of heart failure, then collect my payment from another who wished them dead.

Some time passed and I realized I missed my family greatly. I set off back to Yew to join my brother in this Yewish army, during my time their I made friends, was able to join Henry again in fighting, and even married. I became truly happy again. But my happiness would soon end, many guardsmen started to go missing, including Henry. My Husband also vanished, I was so upset. I fought through the pain of heartache and loneliness by looking out for those who were still there. I made friends with a local crafter woman named Evina Shadowhand, she had a small child and was widowed. She was beautiful, as was her son.

Upon one evening patrol through the city, as I passed the church, I could hear screaming from inside. I ran in and the sight disgusted me. My poor friend, Evina, her top ripped open, pinned to the floor, the Templar, who's name I did not know on top of her. Evina was screaming for help, for someone to help her. I did not think, I only reacted. I kicked him off of her, helped her up and screamed to her to run away, take little Matthew and run. I felt pain in my side. The Templar stabbed me in my side and grabbed me from behind, said I should have never come into the church, that I would take her place now.

The thought turned my stomach, I did what I was trained to do, I defended myself. He and I fought, knocked over candles and church pews, I could smell the burning of wood and cloth all around us. I could see the flames kicking up high. With one hard blow, I knocked him out cold to the floor. I had to force myself to not take the killing blow. Something inside me told me not to. I grabbed his limp form and tried to drag him out of the burning church. I would be in a lot of trouble for beating up a Templar, but I'd be damned if I would be charged for killing one.

His weight was too much to bare alone. But I could not leave him. Coughing and spluttering I persisted, my left arm caught fighter, I had stopped for only a moment to rip the burning leather off my skin, it was too late. I suddenly felt someone grab me from behind and throw me out of the church. My eyes were clouded, I saw only a silhouette of a man, a shining light around him, before passing out from smoke inhalation.

When I woke up I was in the home of Evina's adopted mother, Piper Vale Shadowhand. I asked about the Templar in the church, she told me I was the only one who made it out alive. Evina said she saw me fall out of the church alone. Piper healed my wounds, I would not let her heal the burns on my arm. In my own way it was a reminder of what happened that night in the Church. I could swear I felt warm arms around my waist, throwing me out of the church, into safety. But why not the Templar? Was it because the person who saved me knew what the perverse Templar was doing to my Widowed friend? I question this every day now. I have no answers.

After that night I knew I could never return to Yew, I left and went to find my family. I found myself in Vesper and they accepted me with open arms. I met Sohier, my son Eric's father. He was a mistake, he promised me much and eventually had an affair with Anna Goodward. I will never forgive them for that. I raised my son alone, dated Tommy Nottinburry for a while, we were only meant to be good friends and friends only. Fate as it turns, brought me to Cove. I met Jassi Cowin. Some reason he took a liking to me and we became fast friends. He may not be the brightest of men, but he ended up helping me raise my son, he had my back and we fell in love.

Years later here I sit, in the back of the Goblin, people returning to the lands. I was found out about the church. No one cared to hear my story, so I sit and write it now. Marked as property to the church, for a crime of desperation and protection. Pregnant with a second child, and thrust into a path of danger and redemption. Is this really the Avatar doing this to me? Is this the path I have always been meant to take?.... Time will tell...

Avalynn Vale
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Citizen

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2018, 04:25:37 am »

The Sinner's Journal- A Mothers Fear

As my redemption trials ended with the church, I stood before Frair Hugo in fear of him. Normally, nothing scares me, but something about this man shook me to my very core. Who would have thought a Templar would be one of my greatest fears. I guess nearly losing my unborn baby after he commanded the guard to beat me down was enough to open my eyes. I do not remember how my baby survived it, I remember one of the Vale girls in the room with Jassi, Kobra and I. I could feel magic coursing through my body and healing me. She must be just like her mother, a magical healer. I remember falling asleep in Jassi's arms for the short time, and returning to the unbuilt church soon after. It was done, built, over. I survived, and regained my freedom once more, or did I?

The Frair Hugo held me up inside the church after all was said and done, told me that my path was not at an end, he still had use of me. That very statement sent shivers down my spine, the last thing I want is to be a slave to the church. Since that day I remain hidden mostly, I try not to make a big entrance. Its been some time since I saw my Fiance, I needed to go to him now. Especially hearing that Cove and Vesper were fighting again, this worries me. I entered the Tavern were I saw Sioned, they were speaking of possible war between Cove and Vesper, and that my old “Friends” from Yew would side with Cove. Deep in my heart I knew they would obliterate Vesper as they are now. Fear struck me once more, I thought about Theoden, my would be father in law, his children I came to know well, and my child Eric who was living with him while I was enslaved by the church.

My boy is thirteen now, and barely able to sneak about, I haven't been able to train him much. He would not survive a war, I know he would try to fight with his grandfather. I also know I could not take part in this war, not pregnant. My only logical reasoning I could come up with, is run. I know leaving Cove would mean to leave Jassi, to leave the eyes of the Church and the Frair that scared me half to death. As a mother I have to make a decision, I know Jassi loves me, and would want his family safe. I plan to take Eric from Vesper, leave Cove behind, and find a safe place until this boils over. I've never run from a fight before, but the chance of losing my baby again, scares me more then that Templar. I'm willing to take my chances on the run again. I may not care about my own life, but the lives of my children is what keeps me breathing.

To Hell with the Church, I'll take my chances...................

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length