Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 01:03:00 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  Element boards
| |-+  The Church (Moderator: Altair De Nostra)
| | |-+  Squire Trial: A Treatise on the Seven Virtues of the Avatari Faith.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Squire Trial: A Treatise on the Seven Virtues of the Avatari Faith.  (Read 1569 times)
Casseiul
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« on: September 18, 2018, 04:30:13 pm »

Mordred Cassiuel, Reflections on the Seven Virtues of the Avatari Faith.

'Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloria'.

Preceptor It is here and now I as named on the title, do pen my reflections upon the seven virtues of the Avatari Faith and what I have learned of the virtues, how I as a servant of thee church do embody them in my life and where I find myself wanting improvement, so that I may champion the seven as a Knight of the Templi should.
So I shall begin with my treatise of the faith and what I have learned of them during my time as a Templi Squire.

Sacrifice.

The Avatar, praise him made the highest of sacrifices when he did follow this virtue and give his life so we may be free of sin, it is our duties to remind the folk of the realm from the highest noble to lowest of peasant, be the sacrifice in the form of wealth or with body it must be done, and it should never be easy, for then it is not truly sacrifice.

To embody this virtue like all squires before me in tribute we present our wealth and possessions before the Church of the Chapter we choose to swear fealty towards, for myself and my forbearers this is the Church of Cove, as I have said there is more to sacrifice than wealth.
Our greatest test comes from the physical realm, when we enter the fields of strife and must place others before ourselves, to take hits that could cost one of there life in defence of a brother who would of been laid low otherwise, nor to forsake a brother wounded on the field to save ones self like all others who have fought under the Redcrosse, I have also taken such blows, on the battlefield of the recent Crusade, to the incursion into the Doom Gauntlet, yet I do not boast or speak of such for Avatar was merciful to preserve my life so I continue to do his work for if the Avatar himself praise he, would not fear to make the sacrifice how could I be afraid, it is the will of our Lord that we champion this virtue.

The virtue of Sacrifice is marked by the symbol of a tear and the colour orange.

Valour.

Valour is the sword that defends all of the seven virtues, forever tested time and again, built upon the principle of courage, to demand and practice valour is to set the example for others, for in our war against the Guardians flocks we shall have much need of courage, and valour shall inspire the lowest to raise higher and be of service to church and land.
For it is the Avatar, praise him who sets the foundations for our valour, his courage to stand against the Guardian is legendary and we follow example, be it against the tides of the undead, or the hosts of monsters who dwell in the unsettled lands, or even against the hosts of the pagan, do we brandish the red sword and champion this virtue.

To show I have embodied this virtue, I need no words, I have more battles to come but those which I have fought in others can say I have displayed my valour, when the guardians damned set upon us I chanted the mantras of our church and felt no fear, where my courage would be example to any disheartened guardsman by my side, or where I would take the burden of leadership and lead such an attack as of recent.

To stay true to our teachings also when we did follow the defeated Vespian host, and offer salvation the courage to even forgive our foes and bring them into the true light, as a militum of the church I will continue to show my valour but never allow it to consume my mind, my actions are in name of the faith and not for myself to boast.

The virtue of valour is marked by the symbol of the sword, and the colour red.

Honour.

Founded upon the principles of courage and truth, honour is to stand for the truth regardless of the circumstances, it may be your honour is tested when the majority stand against you but to stay true and be unmoved is to display this virtue as a paragon, as our Lord Avatar did so during the darker times of Britannia.

An example of honour displayed physically, would be not to strike first at a non-evil being, for to do such a assail the weaker helpless folk would be most dishonourable, the virtue keeps us humane and in order and prevents many a good knight from straying to a darker path.

To embody honour in person, I may use the example of serving to the Church as a Squire, and not abusing the power laid before me, should I do such not only would I disgrace thy self but also tarnish the honour of both parties, for it is a heavy mantle of responsibility that rests on the shoulder of person in the Templi Order.

It is my duty to faith and order to continue my practices in an honourable fashion, I can only hope I am viewed in such light and continue to be so for my living days.

The virtue of honour is marked by the symbol of the chalice, and the colour purple.

Justice.

A virtue fiercely essential to conduct the workings of our Avatari faith, despite the Avatars most highest sacrifice to render man from sin, traces of such still remain, and we must exact Justice in form of law and punishment, as well with martial action on those who refuse to render there selves to the fairness of trial.

Justice is founded upon truth and love, the need for answer and the love that goes with correcting unlawful behaviour, it must be pure and raw and real and nothing must effect the decision, it is the wisdom that perceives what is right and wrong in human action.

To embody my justice let us say I was just in my right to make war with the Vespian pagan, for there sacrilege and slander towards our Avatari faith, for it does require strong casus belli to war our fellow man in an age where the guardians evil does still plague our realms.
Let us not forget our lawful branding of the Wytches, who we justly mark, for a greater good.

The virtue of justice is marked by the symbol of the scales, and the colour green.

Honesty.

Founded upon the principle of truth, what is the life a dishonest man but that of a sinner, a virtue there for the high respect of being truthfull to ones self and to his fellow man, it is most important to remain true and never to fall to the sin of the deceiver and to fill the air with lies, as a dishonest life brings only temporary gain, but forsakes the permanent.

I quote from the sources found within the scrolls of our Cathedral; Journal IX.

''To the self, be true. Honesty begins with the will to regard the Truth in one's heart. A true heart spreads its warmth to the home and across the entire world. In seeing the world in true form''.

The Authors name has been withered and lost but there words are well placed for we do set the example with out own behaviour that the lost and unguided may find salvation in following our example.

To embody the virtue of honesty, I can only remain true of my word, and to my character and never allow personal feelings to choose my decisions, for this will impact my honesty, though I feel I have been nothing but honest with my answers to my peers and brothers, may I be struck down should I stray from this path.

The virtue of honesty is marked by the symbol of the open hand, and the colour blue.

Spirituality.

Founded upon all three principles, Truth, love, and courage, spirituality is the focus of the inner being, to main the spiritual balance with ones self and the world around them, It is also the awareness of the love that unites one's own inner being to those around one.
Balance is important so that we may not stray to far from the order we create within ourselves, for to lean to far to one side is to lose that balance, fall victim to more malicious tones, to find true balance is never easy, allowing ones emotions to come into play can thrawt the composure achieved.

To embody this virtue meditations, are best placed and spiritual advise from my brothers and sisters, good prayer and confessions and spiritual guidance help maintain this virtue, my balance is often in check though when in combat I may stray though I have since learnt with good practice to keep it well in check and continue to work on my strides.

The virtue of spirituality is marked by the symbol of the most holy Ankh, and the colour white.

Humility.

The opposite of Pride, and independent of all the principles of virtue, humility is about coming to understand one's place in the world, not according to the deeds won on the battlefield or through society, but by realising where you naturally belong as an individual, humility recognises the worthiness of all faithful beings, and how one views there selves amongst them, regardless of there choices made in the world.
To remain humble is no easy feat in such a world we live in but through the faith and understanding this can be achieved, I shall quote the sentence found within the scrolls from where much of my research has come.

"Claim not to be that which thou art not. Humble actions speak well of thee!"

To embody this virtue, I hath learnt to take no pride in my victory's personally nor by the incursions I lead I do not label them as deeds done by myself but under guidance from the Avatar for it is he who preserves us all on the fields of duty that we Templi champion.

The virtue of humility is marked by the symbol of the Shepperd's Staff and the colour Black.

On Compassion the False Virtue.

Though not a sin, compassion is not a virtue. The bane of vigilance and justice, where one could allow there feelings to corrupt the true verdict of lawful trial. Compassion is most certainly not considered holy and exists only to test the will and piety of true Avatarians.

Fortunately we are tutored upon this and can continue to correct any led astray by the false spreading of this action.

Conclusion and final words:

With all of the seven virtues described and my own understandings presented, with how I embody the virtues and where I wish to improve my own furthering of knowledge, I conclude my treatise on the virtues and the false virtue, I pen this to you Preceptor on the hope that you shall review this and accept the treaty as worthy towards my Initiate trials.

Signed.

Mordred Casseiul, Squire.

« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 04:43:48 pm by Casseiul » Logged

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length