Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 02:40:09 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Patrol to Orc Fort
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Patrol to Orc Fort  (Read 1679 times)
Veldrin
An Old Flower
Cove Command
Covian Legend

View Profile
« on: June 02, 2005, 11:16:50 pm »

Recruit Senaria Deveiant was enjoying a drink with an archer woman showing interest in joining the militia when she heard quick footsteps outside the tavern door. All that needed to be said had been said, so without ado, Senaria rushed outside in time to see a spectre chasing a recruit into the barracks. Sizing up the beast to be of little threat to Senaria herself, she rushed off toward the barracks to help the recruit, readying a spell. The spectre hurried with unnatural speed up the steps and followed the recruit into the barracks. That was where Senaria caught up with it, and sent an energy bolt straight at the ghostly creature. It fell where it had been hovering - right over Commander Gregor Eason's chair.

She enjoyed the humor of the moment, then located the recruit (who had escaped outside) to make sure he was all right. It was Recruit Ezekiel, and he looked a little ashamed that he'd been running from a lowly spectre. He seemed fine enough, though a bit shaken.

It was about that time Guardsman Tiberius approached the pair. Quickly falling in line, the pair respectfully greeted their superior officer. He greeted them in turn and inquired about the situation. After enjoying the laugh about a corpse rotting in Commander Eason's chair, Tiberius ordered the two to lead a patrol to Cove, and possibly to the Orc Fort. Not quite clear who he'd asked to lead, Senaria eagerly volunteered. She had never been in a place of power, even if only a slight one, and siezed the chance. Ezekiel seemed to be in agreement with this and offered no argument.

Starting off in the direction of Cove, Senaria and Ezekiel came across a member of the militia - clad in uniform but not wearing a badge. Upon questioning, it turned out to be Recruit Spitz in disguise. Exchanging a friendly laugh and a brief greeting, the pair returned to their patrol.

They encountered recruit Drachir along the way, asking if they were the patrol. Senaria nodded, and offered Drachir to join. He seemed all too eager. Since the patrol to Cove had been without event, Senaria decided - with a daring half-smile - that they would lead the patrol to the Orc Fort and then report back. Drachir was, again, eager to get moving. Ezekiel hesitated, but Senaria was sure he was still shaken from the attack of the spectre.

Upon reaching the Orc Fort, Drachir ordered to group to form on him. Senaria shot Drachir a confused look, but did so anyway. She was still not quite certain if she was leading the patrol or just part of it, so she offered no argument. But Drachir continued to issue orders. "Let's stick together as we approach the difference. Kill all who try to kill us. The rest of the patrol is inside."

Senaria's eyes widened. Ezekiel stared at Drachir, bewildered.

"We ARE the patrol!" Senaria insisted, her temper flashing. "There is no one else inside!"

"It's just us," Ezekiel agreed.

Drachir accepted this, and again told Senaria and Ezekiel to form on him.

"Were you sent to lead the patrol?" Senaria asked. Had he been? Perhaps, but he was a recruit, just as the others were.

"I think you were, Senaria," Ezekiel mumbled.

"I think so too," Senaria replied, seething as she eyed Drachir sharply.

Drachir gave an argument, insisting that he was just outlining what should be done. Exasperated with the expected incompetence of a weak-minded male, Senaria muttered, "Let's just check the entrance."

Senaria paused a moment to pull a crystal ball from her pack. It was a magic crystal, linked to her frenzied ostard, Raven. She wasn't quite sure if such an item was allowed within the ranks, but she decided she would use it until she was told not to. Raven appeared in a flash of green smoke, looking quite confused. Reassuring Raven with a few gentle words and a bit of stroking, she lead the group into combat.

Straight away, Raven attacked an Orc Chopper. Annoyed that the ostard had run off, she ran to retrieve him, and aid him in battle. The other recruits remained by the entrance. When she returned, Ezekiel was unconscious on the ground, and Drachir was nowhere in sight.

Coward, she thought with distaste. An Orc Lord - the one who had presumably assaulted the recruits, was still lingering near Ezekiel's body. She quickly dispatched it, and helped rouse Ezekiel to consciousness. Helping him to his feet, she asked, "Where's Drachir?"

"I don't know," Ezekiel said with a shrug, as he recovered from the battle.

"Must have run off," Senaria muttered. Then she spotted Drachir running back to the fort. He apologized as he panted. He quickly gathered himself however, and proceded to give more orders!

"We have to stick together when we enter the Orc Fort," he said. "Kill what tries to kill us."

"This is a patrol, not a hunt," Senaria growled, getting impatient with Drachir's pretentiousness. "If we go into the Orc Fort, they will ALL try to kill us."

"I know, we're not going INTO the fort," Drachir stated.

Both Ezekiel and Senaria stared at Drachir in confusion.

"Let's just go back," Ezekiel said, apparently wanting no place in this conflict. Smart man.
With some struggle to get everyone into agreement, the group began to march back to barracks.

"Form on me guys!" Drachir shouted suddenly. Senaria glared at Drachir with murderous intent. Not only were there no monsters about to be wary of, and therefore no reason to form around Drachir, he was again giving orders when it was no this duty to! He seemed to think he held some sort of power among the recruits, or so Senaria presumed.

"Stop giving orders!" she shouted, unable to take any more of this. "You're a recruit just like the rest of us!"

"I'm not," Drachir replied casually. "I'm just giving suggestions."

"Keep them to yourself," Senaria hissed as she brushed past both Drachir and Ezekiel. She would have no more of this. Ignoring what else was said, she and Raven moved quickly back to the barracks, along with Drachir and Ezekiel.

Drachir later apologized for giving orders, upon reaching the barracks. Senaria snorted and moved away from him, snapping, "Then I hope you are never put into a place of power."

Senaria Deveiant
« Last Edit: June 03, 2005, 12:35:44 am by Senaria » Logged

[03:19:28] Shadwell (BoC): We should get married.
[03:19:50] Shadwell (BoC): And dont quote me in your sig
                                  -----
[01:17:32] Tiberius Oct: I blamed Americans.
[01:17:58] Tiberius Oct: Then we chuckled and went back to eating crumpets and colonizing developing nations.
Gregor Eason
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2005, 03:24:24 pm »

Quite the story...
Alas, command between similar ranks is troublesome. A friendly agreement is best.
Or perhaps one of ye will make Watchman before the other two. *Grins*

Commander Eason,
Covian Guards & Baronship Council
Veldrin
An Old Flower
Cove Command
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2005, 05:57:35 am »

Recruit Deveiant grinned as she read the Commander's note, stifling a cocky chuckle.

Oh yes. We will see.

Senaria Deveiant
« Last Edit: June 04, 2005, 05:59:48 am by Senaria » Logged

[03:19:28] Shadwell (BoC): We should get married.
[03:19:50] Shadwell (BoC): And dont quote me in your sig
                                  -----
[01:17:32] Tiberius Oct: I blamed Americans.
[01:17:58] Tiberius Oct: Then we chuckled and went back to eating crumpets and colonizing developing nations.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length