Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 02:02:13 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  The High Plains - Watchman Duty
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: The High Plains - Watchman Duty  (Read 1072 times)
Marcus Kobra
Regular Grenadier
Cove Command
Covian Legend

"Death is certain, When is up to your Medic."

View Profile WWW
« on: June 01, 2018, 06:46:54 am »

Seeing that Covian craftsmen needed Boura pelts I set out to Ter Mur. From the moongate I rounded the City to the east heading North until I came to an area between the roads lightly wooded and moderatley filled with these Boura. Strange leathery hided beasts with manes of scruffy fur and Rams horns protruding from there heads, a broad tail dragging the ground behind. These where the things of fictional literature! Banthas from the books of my childhood or I'm a Jukan mage. Well fictional beings no more, I set about hunting them with fire and lightning.

They are hardy beasts and of these High Plain variety the only slight weakness seemed to be their scruffy fur as flames engulfed them into a mouldering ruin. They stink something fierce, I think it may be the fur and lack of bathing. . . . but Avatar bless me they smell worse on the inside! Cutting into them to get the pelts was long agonizing and worthy of a good wretch too. Blegh! It took quite a bit of time and plenty of leg work. Finding them is easy. . . keeping ahead of the horns and those massive tails isn't easy! Things are big enough and strong enough to plow trees over, even when not directly attacked they prove most aggressive and extremely territorial.

After hours of work, I managed to gather 22 Boura Pelts, 4 Bura Skins, and 1 slith tongue since the devil tried to bite me!

A long nights work over I returned to Cove and found the Quartermaster scribling at his logs. He had one of his clerks help me lock up my plunder in the cabinet to the rear of his store area. Then he shouted at me to get out and shut up, and leave him alone. Hes pretty crabby!

*Some Sketches*

*Signed with a flourish*

Nicolae Sorin, Watchman, Baronship of Cove

The Lord hath created medicines out of the earth; and he that is wise will not abhor them.
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2018, 08:52:05 am »

Good stuff Watchman!

Keep it up!

*signed*

Raiden Morana, Captain.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length