Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 03:17:55 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Combat Tutoring - Training by "Pickles"
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Combat Tutoring - Training by "Pickles"  (Read 1040 times)
Marcus Kobra
Regular Grenadier
Cove Command
Covian Legend

"Death is certain, When is up to your Medic."

View Profile WWW
« on: June 03, 2018, 11:22:38 pm »

Attending:
Elizabeth "Pickles" Martin, Regular Arcanist (Leading)
Avalynn Vale, Watchman
Nicolae Sorin, Watchman

What:

* Basic Combat tutoring involving Arcanists and Mundane Fighters
* Advanced tips and trick
* Practical application excersise

Late last night Watchman Vale and I asked Regular Martin to give us some much needed instruction. The local monsters and mindless minions of the Guardian are hard enough but often overcome merely by tenacity and purity of purpose. However there are far less mindless minions. Orcs, Drow, The Risen Dead, Gargoyles, Elves and Men alike. Some as capable spell casters as any; others though mundane skilled and capable fighters, archers, and assassins. Recent skirmishes with Orcs and The Risen Dead proved to the both of us we would need all the help we might get.

The Regular gathered us to the barracks rooftop and quizzed us about various knowledge, things we proved to know an alarmingly little about. We started with a few various exercises to gauge our practical application of knowledge. The Regular complemented us both on our grasp of basics, but as previously stated: We are NOT prepared!
Having weighed our capacity she went into more specifics about special combat maneuvers used by mundanes against Arcanists, it was most enlightening and they proved most effective against us as Vale tried out her newly learned techniques. I also learned of various nigh essential wards to cast upon oneself prior to combat my capacity to sustain abuse I estimate increased by 25% or more, a massive increase to combat effectiveness..

Our Basic drills and advanced tips courses finished we moved into a free for all fight, I discovered I have much to learn as Vale and Martin handily knocked me over and proceeded to go back and forth for quite sometime until Vale decided she'd had enough. I think if shed pressed just a bit longer she would have had Martin. Perhaps next time?

Some Sketches:

*Signed with a flourish*

Nicolae Alexandru Sorin, Watchman, Baronship of Cove

The Lord hath created medicines out of the earth; and he that is wise will not abhor them.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length