Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 05:22:09 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  By the Hands of Sinners:
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: By the Hands of Sinners:  (Read 1107 times)
Octiovus
Grandmaster tyrant.
Administrator
Covian Legend

View Profile
« on: June 06, 2018, 02:44:10 am »

Cove. A faithless city, home to debauchery and debasement of all kinds. A place where lecherous drunks spilled from the newly reopened tavern; a place where Elves and witches walked the muddy streets freely. A Godless place, where chaos and evil had surely taken hold.

The rain drummed heavily on Hugo's plate armour as he knelt in squalor, surrounded by the rubble of the former Church. Unmoving, and silent, he had kept his vigil for days. Finally he broke. "Why have you forsaken me, oh Avatar!? It is a mockery to see Cove in the grip of such heresy. Send to me but one sign of your grace!"

From the gloom and relentless rain, a robed figure approached. Sarah Walder the sinner, sheepishly attracted the Templar's attention, and he rose to his feet, stifling the ravages of hunger and fatigue that plagued his form. "I need guidance.." she began. "I know nothing of the shrines or the virtues. Please teach me."

So it was to be the first stone that began the avalanche. Guidance. Only by his own faith could he lead the damned back from damnation. Redeem the irredeemable, or die trying. He returned to his vigil, but this time visions swirled in his mind. Grave images of the shrines of Ilshenar, crawling with demons, gargoyles and unspeakable Guardian spawn. Images of the shrines of Trammel flashed too, the holy sites overgrown and untended. It was time for pilgrims to once again tread the path of the righteous - and Sir Hugo would lead. A pilgrimage it was to be - for death, or redemption.

The next evening the sinner visited again, a tall elf in tow. He revealed himself to be Lok Shadowhand, grandfather to notorious heretic Kal Shadowhand. He offered his services to rebuild the chapel, restoring it to its former glory. Avatar certainly worked in mysterious ways - was an elf to be the salvation of the Church? Obviously such an innately evil creature could not be taken at his word. Dusting off the armour of a fallen Templar, he thrust it into the hands of the elf. If he wished to work for Avatar - he must also survive the trial.

Redemption or death. The die was cast. Perhaps by the hands of sinners, the Covian Church would be redeemed. The Order was beginning anew.

] 

Vince Valentine BoC (01:26) :
Don't mock me! I get 10% discount at tescos!
Avalynn Vale
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Citizen

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2018, 03:42:24 am »

I have never been Avatarian. Even growing up in Yew, it was never a huge deal in my family of troublemakers. I have been an Assassin, a mercenary, and an all around pain in the ass for years. now, at 29 years of age I am finally caught for a crime I commited over 6 years ago. That is fine, I will play bagball with the church and hope for the best. I can only hope I do not get caught in my game, and that my journal is never found.....

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length