Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 05:12:31 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Watchman Trials: Garrison Hawke
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Watchman Trials: Garrison Hawke  (Read 1585 times)
Kelly Sanderson
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

By Jove and Sheeshy McGee!

View Profile
« on: November 13, 2018, 09:02:46 pm »

Watchman Trials: Garrison Hawke

Another one for the ranks, eh? We’re in need of some of those! Let’s get cracking, Watchman! You've been stuck there far too long...

Task One: Covian by Culture

Show your dedication to your fellow men by hosting an entirely Covian event. I want you to hold an evening that fully embodies the spirit of Cove. The right colours, the right places, the right beverages. Legends of our City, old and new.

Requirements:

*You must plan what entertainment and activities you want to take place during the evening.
*You must ask for help from the citizens of Cove to assist you with food, beverages and any other things you may find helpful.
*You must research at least two historical Covian events and traditions and implement them during your evening.

Task Two: Talking to the Troops

As a Junior Guardsmen, you must prove that you are worth your weight with orders. You are to lead both a parade drill and a battle drill for the guardsmen.

Requirements:

*Again, you must research the orders you are going to teach during your sessions.
*You must end each session with a good old Covian free-for-all.
*At least three other guardsmen must attend both your sessions.

Task Three: Studying your Stabbing

You are to lead a series of three hunts. Each hunt must be led to a place where we have rarely studied. Each hunt must include a different type of beast.

Requirements:

*You must seek advice and help from your superiors regarding which monsters and beasts they find challenging to slay, and why.
*You must find out what techniques are best to try and tackle these beasts and report all of your research below.
*At least three other guardsmen must attend each hunt.

A full report for each task and any research and planning included must be posted below. Good luck to you, Watchman. Do not let me down.

*Signed*
Kelly Sanderson, Sergeant

John Dell:
My ultimate aim is to nag someone to the brink of total blindness and hate that they kill me.

John Dell:
It's for me like for you and pies; if one is staring you in the face you just can't leave it alone.
Hawke
Watchman
Covian Guardsman
Guest Of Cove

Mercenary at Heart

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2018, 05:28:48 pm »

Task Three: Studying your Stabbing (part one a three)

Leading:
Garrison Hawke, Watchman

Attending:

Ilyana Drachen, Senior Arcanist
Tyrael Styx, Junior Grenadier
Alexander Hawke, Recruit
Morgana, ?

*Special note, Leanne Martin, Regular Scout did not come along but she got the ball rollin' and gave up doin' her trophy hunt so's I could start me trials. Many Thanks Leanne!

A few days ago I heard tell there was a trophy hunt goin' on. Had never been on one so I headed fer the barracks. Got there ta find Regular Scout Leanne Martin waitin' on the steps. She said weren't 'nuff a us ta do her hunt but maybe we could round up a few more Covians and I could get goin' on me trials. I nodded some and said me son was supposed ta be along soon. Junior Grenadier Styx soon joined us. I asked Leanne what she thought was hard ta kill and why and she answered dozens a Drow. I told her I think it was supposed ta be somethin a bit easier ta find then drow. She mentioned the Terathan Keep in the Lost Lands and showed me her left hand as reason t'why they was difficult. Leanna left sayin' she'd ask her cousin Ilyana ta join us, make it easier ta get around seein' as we was lookin' fer uncommon beasts ta kill. WhenSenior Drachen joined the Junior Grenadier and I, I thought it was a good chance ta seek there advice on what they found a challnge ta hunt and why. Junior Styx mentione giants and titans but the Senior said they'd been hunted and weren't all that hard ta kill. Tyrael brought up Balrons and I asked why they was a challenge (little knowin' I'd find out first hand shortly), he said they figured out how ta get around our Arkay maneuver! Also brought up the dungeon a ice as a difficult spot and I took some notes.
 A lady name a Morgana showed up and Senior Drachen seemed surprised sayin' she put out word lookin' fer Arcanist. Mogana said she was good with a bow, which I said was always handy, and Tyrael made some mention she looked better 'en a arcanist...he then did a few laps 'round the barracks at Drachen request.
 The sun had set and people grew weary a me askin' 'em about what ta hunt and we still waited on me son, who I later found out was fight'n his way through mud and freshly fallen snow...
 When Recruit Hawke finally showed up I said we'd try the Terathan Keep. Tyrael reminded everyone ta check their kits and Ilyana magiked us ta the Lost Lands.
 I don't think I ever been ta this keep afore, and walkin' up it didn't seem like much but afore I know it we were set upon by these half spider half ugly things. Seemed like they just popped out a no wheres. We had ta stick together tight ta fight off tha buggers, seemed every step we took we had a nother terathan jumpin' in ta fight us. It was strongly suggested we get inside tha keep but I nay knew which way ta bloody go ta get in. Ilyana pointed tha way and we got inside, still fightin'!
 We went down some stupid feckin bloody rope ladders that easily tangled the unsuspectin' feet a some. We went down a few levels and at first it seemed empty but then a more a the terathans popped up. So we smashed 'em. Seems like with these Terathans its best ta keep tight ta gether, healin' one another, while stabbin' 'em a lot, or magikin' and shootin' 'em with arrows and what not.
 Not knowin' the place I lead us North down a narrow hallway. We'd only gone a few steps a fore the door at the end busted open and a Balron charged at us. Tyrael was right 'bout how tough the bloody black daemons is. The Hall seemed ta work to our advantage though, the Balron was tight against the walls allowin' me and the recuit ta block it from tha rest a our group as the rained hell down on it's head. Once it was properly stomped upon we came out inta some halls and a broken wall showin' a big room. We could hear the slithering a some large snake like things all 'round us. We only went a few steps afore some feckin' half snake half ugly things called ophidians tore inta us. Don't know whys so many thing in this place was half and half, maybe its somethin' in the water. We ducked inta the large room only ta find more a these ophidian things, of a wide variety a looks about 'em, and a nother bloody Balron.
 Apparently I got knocked again, maybe twice but I don't remember fer sure, and things got a bit fuzzy fer me. We was able ta kill another Balron or two, which for the record are much easier ta fight in a hallway or some narrow space then in a bloody big room with half snake people. Also a note Balorns gots sticky fingers and will take yer gold and bandages if given the slightest chance.
 At some point Morgana had ta leave us and after the second or third Balron we marched back tha way we had come. Don't know hoe smart them terathans are but as we discussed headin' back ta Cove they charged us again and again. We hauled ourselves up the stupid bloody ropes to the ground level, fightin' all the way, where Ilyana was able ta magik us back ta Cove.
 Tyrael told me ta note we need a full Covian huntin' party ta go back ta the Keep and thin out the monsters there. We were able ta gather 13,465 gold coins (would'a been more 'cept fer the bloody balron stealin' me coins while I was knocked out.) With each Covian donating their share of 3,366 ta the coffers.

As fer me notes, with the terathans we handled 'em well with tha five a us, and we had a nice mix of shields and ranged and one archanist but I feel like ye got ta meet 'em with numbers as they'll just keep swarmin' ye and I think its much tha same with them ophidians. We did well fer what we had but there was never much time ta catch yer breath.
 The Balrons ye have ta keep 'em busy with some shields and use superb team work. Archanist Drachen kept me son and I on our feet with timely healin' and curin' magik while our two archers made a pin cushin outta tha first Balron. In open space it was hard ta even' get at the bugger it jumped 'round so much and then them ophidains jumped in ta keep us busy as the Balron would charge in and out ta the fight. I know fer the second and third balrons it was more credit ta Senior Drachen and Junior Styx and that Morgana as the recruit and I had trouble gettin' close ta the balrons while dodgin' the broken rubble and all them ophidians.
 With tha balrons havin' sorted out a answer to the Arkay maneuver I can't says I have a sure fired way ta fight 'em. If yer lucky ye can box 'em in, but mostly it comes down ta good team work and thats always ta be expected a Covians.

*sketches*

Watchman-Trials-001" border="0

*Signed*

Garrison Hawke, Watchman

Hawke
Watchman
Covian Guardsman
Guest Of Cove

Mercenary at Heart

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2018, 02:30:16 am »

Task Two: Talking to the Troops (Preparations for me drills)

Feelin' a but rusty on my drill commands I decided to look about the barracks and see if I could find me a manual or two on Parade and Battle drills. I dug around the bookcases, flipped through more manuals than I knew was 'round. Picked a pile a books from the ground a leafed through 'em afore finally findin' some old dusty manuals.
 Figurin' it'd be frowned 'pon ta take 'em I settled in and started ta copy 'em, not big on writin' meself but reports a given meh some practice, s'  funny, readin''em books is one thing but havin' ta copy 'em made me think on 'em more then I had. Anyways, I finally finished copying the manuals, even added some orders from other books I found on drill commands. Cleaned everything up and went lookin' fer me son Alexander. Figured he could help me go through the drills. Good practice fer me and 'em.

Preparations-for-drills" border="0

*Signed*

Garrison Hawke, Watchman

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length