Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 08:14:33 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Grenadier's Trial: Junior Arkonios
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Grenadier's Trial: Junior Arkonios  (Read 1954 times)
Ahmed
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« on: August 11, 2005, 01:33:14 am »

Running after Junior Arkonios, Ahmed barely catches up with his leg injury. Outside the Barracks, he unfolds a piece of paper and hands it to Arkonios, which reads:

Junior Arkonios!
If you even want to start dreaming of becoming a Grenadier, you need to show me your skills! This is just merely the first part of your training, as Sergeant Greystone shall address the recruits face-to-face in a grueling training session.

You have three tasks!

• You too must venture through the dungeon of Shame. However this time; slay a ‘blood elemental’. This is not going to be an easy task, so deal with it!
  • Organise and lead a training session, which includes important battle tactics and formations. I would like to see at least six guardsmen attending.
  • Organise and lead a hunt through to the lands of Ilshnear. Where you go is up to you; however I want twenty thousand gold pieces to be gathered and added to the militia coffers!

Everything is to be documented in this thread, with full reports for each, including sketches.

Ahmed Al Maktoum,
Grenadier Corporal
« Last Edit: August 12, 2005, 08:15:52 pm by Ahmed » Logged

Quote from: Eason on August 16, 2005, 11:54:20 pm
I dedicate my 3000th post to...
Tha' Dubai homeboy Ahmed! 3000!

Arkonios
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2005, 09:05:56 pm »

Part One:

SLAYING THE BLOOD ELEMENTAL.

*Arkonios takes a small note out of his pocket and reads the first couple of lines carefully.* Blood Elemental eh? Ill do that first. *Standing up he folds the note back up and stuff it into his pocket.*

I went to Moonglow where a kind cartographer showed me a map of how to get to this "Shame" place. From the map it looked as though it would take forever and if i wanted to reach there by nightfall i would have to move fast.
 After hours of continuous trekking through mountains, hills and forests I can to a gaping black hole in the side of a looming mountain.

The Dungeon Shame. I walked inside with caution and came upon a problem. It was pitch black.

With my torch lit i moved on through the darkness. I was told to look for the Blood Elementals lair some floors down. So i immediatly set about finding a way down into the depths of the dungeon. But it wasnt easy. I encountered many dangerous foe.

I rounded a corner and finally i saw the portal leading down to the second level.

The second level had even harder evil beings than the first. But i managed to battle through. On the floor about ten minutes of walking i saw a most nasty sight.

I quickly moved on not wanting to hang around long. Dead ahead i saw the light of another portal to the next level!

I started running as it was getting lighter an i didnt need my torch anylonger. I moved down the next few levels when i came across another find. Blood Pools!

I though i must be very close so i set about finding one as quick as possible. I heard a noise like the water flowing and saw a big blood red figure approaching me. I armed my bow and cast the spells i needed to aid me.

I kept shooting my arrows into its body and it seemed to be weakening rapidly.
With a final hard blow to its torso area the figure burst and formed a large pool of blood on the floor.

I had done what i had came here to do. So i quickly perfomed a transporting spell and was taken of to the barracks to rest

Signed Arkonios Junior Guardsman

OOC: Hope this is OK! Stay tuned for my other tasks! *Grins*

Ahmed
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2005, 09:15:42 pm »

Excellent report Junior, and good use of sketches. Good work on targetting weak areas of the element, seems yourself and your bow came out on top.

I'll be waiting to see how well you do on your remaining tasks.

Ahmed Al Maktoum,
Grenadier Corporal

Quote from: Eason on August 16, 2005, 11:54:20 pm
I dedicate my 3000th post to...
Tha' Dubai homeboy Ahmed! 3000!

Gregor Eason
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2005, 10:09:52 am »

*bump*
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length