Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 08:15:58 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Watchman's Trial: Kurt - COMPLETED
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Watchman's Trial: Kurt - COMPLETED  (Read 2605 times)
Ahmed
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« on: August 12, 2005, 01:08:33 am »

There Ahmed was, snoring away on his favourite stool when a loud ‘bang’ woke him up. Standing near the door, slightly afraid of what may happen to him was Watchman Kurt. Staggering to his feet, he removes a piece of paper from his belt and daftly throws it towards Kurt, landing just by his feet…

Watchman Kurt!
Bloody foo’! Anyway, here is your Watchman trial. You’ve been slacking off on patrols, but everything else has been running splendid, so this’ll help you complete your requirements and take you one step closer to the prestigious Covian cap.

I have six tasks for you!

Organise and lead six patrols of these following areas:

• Altmere.
  • Cove.
  • Covian Shire.
  • Orc Fort.
  • Northern Swamps.
  • Vesperian Border.

At least three guardsmen are needed to accompany you on these patrols. Refer to the tome if you need any help finding the areas.

Everything is to be documented in this thread, with full reports for each, including sketches.

Ahmed Al Maktoum,
Grenadier Corporal
« Last Edit: August 12, 2005, 08:04:08 pm by Ahmed » Logged

Quote from: Eason on August 16, 2005, 11:54:20 pm
I dedicate my 3000th post to...
Tha' Dubai homeboy Ahmed! 3000!

Kurt Alimar/Markus
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2005, 03:46:51 pm »

*Patrol of Cove and Orc Fort*

Lead By:
Watchman, Kurt

Attended:
Guardsman Recruit, Owen
Guardsman Recruit, Jevonia
Guardsman Recruit, James Moris
Junior Guardsman, Drachir

Cove

I awaited my group to come they were moving slower than a Turtle with no legs.  After awhile Jevonia and James Moris finally showed up, I told them to get into the line.  I split us into three groups of two one group would patrol the northern outskirts of cove, the second in the southern part, and the third inside the City.  I told everyone to meet up at the gates and report what they found.  We only found a Troll and nothing else. 

Orc Fort

Afterwards we headed down to the orc fort to keep the orcs in their place, and too make them remember who they're dealing with.  So we ran into the fort with ease killing along the way as a group.  When the brute showed up we ran into some trouble.  I ordered people to retreat outside, but they might've not heard me so they didn't hear a Form order either.  Next time I have to speak louder so they can hear me alot clearer.  We took down the brute and the rest of the orcs in this picture, but two guardsman got knocked and I realize that's too many knocked.  Other than that the patrol was a success as shown in this picture.

*Signed*

Watchman, Kurt

« Last Edit: August 12, 2005, 07:59:31 pm by Kurt » Logged
Kurt Alimar/Markus
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2005, 07:11:45 pm »

Covian Shire and Altmere Patrol

Covian Shire

Lead By:
Watchman, Kurt

Attended:
Guardsman Recruit, Erik Arkay
Guardsman Recruit, Clovis ExSanguis
Guardsman Recruit, Justyce Black
Junior Guardsman, Darath Mithar

A perfect patrol with the exception of Recruit, James Moris wanting to everything his way at first.  During the patrol we headed into the graveyard I told to form, but the recruit ran off leaving us.  I told everyone to leave him he's not following orders, and will have to learn the hard way how teamwork works.  After he got knocked we went inside and took out the area no problem.  I ordered us to regroup outside and it was done fast.  Darath Mithar told Recruit, James Moris to call me sir when he spoke to me, Moris said maybe sir to him.  We left the Shire and to the road to Altmere. 

Altmere

Lead By:
Watchman, Kurt

Attended:
Guardsman Recruit, Erik Arkay

We headed down the road into Altmere, we were ambushed quite a few times by brigands that were out for our heads!  The recruit still had a major problem with staying in the group, so I said next time ye run I'll knock ye myself.  We moved as a group clearing more and more brigands.  We piled the corpses on each other then left towards the swamps further up.  Nay one was knocked in Altmere.

*Signed*

Watchman, Kurt

« Last Edit: August 12, 2005, 08:03:54 pm by Kurt » Logged
Kurt Alimar/Markus
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2005, 07:37:47 pm »

Northern Swamps and Vesperian Border

Northern Swamps

Lead By:
Watchman, Kurt

Attended:
Guardsman Recruit, Eric Arkay
Regular Scout, Kal Shadowhand

Ugh... The smell was horrible when we were in the swamps.  That was the least of our worries though.  I lined up the men on the outer area of the swamps looking in.  I told everyone "I want to see good strict healing, and if I say FORM! ye bleedin well better do it!"  I asked if they understood and they said "Aye."  I told them "I want to here an Aye Sir!"  They all said it immediatly after all except James Moris.  I got up in his face, and spoke to him calmly he then said "Aye sir!"  We went in and took out the huge beasts I told them to form, but one person ran, don't have to say who do I?  James got knocked from running like an Idiot then another got knocked because most were busy trying to heal james.  I healed the lad that was following my orders for as long as I could but he fell.  After we defeated the creatures we retreated out of the swamp.

Vesperian Border

Lead By:
Watchman, Kurt

Attended:
Guardsman Recruit, Eric Arkay
Regular Scout, Kal Shadowhand

I saved the easiest for last so the men could relax from the mayham we've endured.  I split the patrol into two groups.  The two sneaky ones went together and I have to say James Moris has improved, he was finnaly listening to my orders and working with us.  So my group searched the top end and the other two scouted below.  We found only a Covian Troll and slayed it then we regrouped back at the entrance between borders.  After we met up there a Vesperian I presume showed and harrassed us.  He was riding a Dragon and using a strange weapon.  We left because we thought he was going to have people attack us then we went back to Cove.

*Signed*

Watchman, Kurt
« Last Edit: August 12, 2005, 08:07:36 pm by Kurt » Logged
Ahmed
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2005, 08:07:48 pm »

Fantastic work Kurt, and well lead patrols as well in all the correct places. Glad to see you didn't get lost! Well done on completing your trials so quickly yet efficiently.
You're one step closer to the Covian cap, Watchman.

Recruit Moris giving you a hard time eh? Perhaps one of the Grenadier apprentices can teach him a lesson.

Ahmed Al Maktoum,
Grenadier Corporal

Quote from: Eason on August 16, 2005, 11:54:20 pm
I dedicate my 3000th post to...
Tha' Dubai homeboy Ahmed! 3000!

Gregor Eason
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2005, 08:25:26 pm »

Ye did damn well, Watchman Kurt! I am most impressed!
Excellent Reports, and the Trial done quickly and competently.
Pay heed, Recruits and Watchmen; this is how the job is done!

Commander Eason,
Cove Militia & Baronship Council
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length