Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 01:45:22 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Grenadier's Trials: Junior Kurt - COMPLETED
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Grenadier's Trials: Junior Kurt - COMPLETED  (Read 3494 times)
Ahmed
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« on: August 14, 2005, 09:06:43 pm »

Ahmed sits down upstairs at the training ring, watching the new Junior Kurt showing a recruit the ropes on fighting. After their session, Ahmed stands up and limps into the ring and hands Kurt his tasks…

Junior Kurt!
Glad to see you finally get the position you’ve been longing for such a while now. As my apprentice, I only want to see the best of you, a lot more and nothing less. Get these done as soon as possible!

I have three tasks for you!

• Venture through to the third level of dungeon Despise, and bring me the clubs of three ‘ogre lords’. Of course, you’re going to have to kill them first!
  • Fortify the newly captured sentry point on the Kaldorian line[/b].

The sentry point must be manned with at least two men at a time, and must be held for at least twenty minutes. Lead a patrol to the first sentry point, just to check up on things. Do not go near the Kaldor occupied sentry point!
  • Organise and lead a hunt to the ‘cyclopean warrior camp’ just east of the shrine of Valor, in the lands of Ilshnear.

Slay anything that looks like it deserves to die, and don’t return home to Cove until you have gathered twenty thousand gold pieces worth of loot. I would like to see at least five guardsmen accompanying you on your hunt.

Everything is to be documented in this thread, with full reports for each, including sketches.

Ahmed Al Maktoum,
Grenadier Sergeant (Acting)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2005, 10:28:04 am by Ahmed » Logged

Quote from: Eason on August 16, 2005, 11:54:20 pm
I dedicate my 3000th post to...
Tha' Dubai homeboy Ahmed! 3000!

Kurt Alimar/Markus
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2005, 12:25:53 am »

Part 1: - COMPLETED!

Lead By:
Junior Guardsman, Kurt

Attended:
Me!!!!

*Kurt walked into the barracks and was angry at his boots, so he threw his boots out the window as hard as he could.  Then set the three clubs onto the table, and began writeing*

I made it out of the trial alive, nay thanks to my bloody muddy boots!  Alright this was pretty difficult due to the fact my boots were muddier than mud, but I pulled it off.  I took the first Ogre Lord down with ease and took the club without injury.  Then I stepped into a puddle of mud then tripped, and hit my head on the stone which gave the Ogre Lord a chance to knock me out.  After I got up my boots were still muddy so he knocked me far back again.  Joey Lanai cameand helped me up then killed the Ogre Lord.  I shook my fist this was my trial nay his!!  I asked him not to kill my target so he left after that Ogre Lord.  Then I killed the other two with muddy boots without getting injured.  The paintings were a little to dark, so I painted the clubs but the third painting was of a corpse and it didn't come out correctly.  When I meet with you I'll give you the clubs as proof incase ye don't believe the third one.

*Signed*

Junior Guardsman, Kurt

« Last Edit: August 15, 2005, 12:37:46 am by Kurt » Logged
Ahmed
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2005, 10:07:38 am »

Excellent work Kurt, I admire your efficiency to complete the tasks.
Exceptional work Junior!

Ahmed Al Maktoum,

Kurt Alimar/Markus
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2005, 03:53:13 am »

Part two: - Completed!

*After whiping the spew off himself from the commander, Kurt sat down and began writing about the Trial*

Lead by:
Junior Guardsman, Kurt

Attended:
Guardsman Recruit, Claudius Brutus
Guardsman Recruit, Beblith Morath
Watchman, Garand
Junior Guardsman, Kurt
Regular Scout, Calico Kate
Regular Scout, Kal Shadowhand
Commander, Gregor Eason

It started at the barracks I briefed the fellow Guardsmen attending, and ordered a forced march to the gate.  We all went there as fast as we could then I ordered them to fall in line.  I told everyone to go through to the Trinsic gate, when we got there I knew Commander Eason knew the way to the line so I told him to take point.  When we had got there I had ordered everyone to start building the barracks, and a scout to scout the forest.  I wanted the area to be built with extreme efficency so I joined in on the construction.  After we had finished I noticed Commander Eason was acting strange.  I went over to him and realized he was drunk, I looked to the recruits and told them to stand guard at the door outside.  They did so and I stood guard inside in case someone would try to take advantage of Commander Easons condition.  Commander Eason had taken his armor off because he was extremely hot which made him even more vulnerable.

After fending off some denizens of the forest I told everyone that we had been there long enough, and we needed to pack it up and line up.  So they did and I looked over the line.  Commander Eason was still intoxicated and throwing up all over the ground.  So I threw him over my shoulder, and ran him out of there with two guardsmen thankfully keeping the monsters off of us. 

When we had gotten to the barracks I had set the Commander down outside and then dismissed the men.  Then the commander had walked up the stairs and went to sleep, but he had left us a suprize that I ordered the recruit to clean up.

*Signed*

Junior Guardsman, Kurt
« Last Edit: August 19, 2005, 02:52:41 pm by Kurt » Logged
Ahmed
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2005, 03:08:08 pm »

Drunk on the job?! I would have believed it if it was any other guardsman, but the Commander? I'm afraid to say I'm deeply disappointed sir. Great work Junior on contructing the sentry point, well organised I must admit. One last job and you're half way there!
I hope the Barracks are clean!

Ahmed Al Maktoum,

Gregor Eason
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2005, 09:53:52 pm »

The job gets so lonely. I turn to drink...

Commander Eason,
Cove Militia & Baronship Council
Kurt Alimar/Markus
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2005, 02:25:00 am »

Part 3: - Completed!

*Kurt walked into the barracks dragging with him a huge bag of crowns.  "Gah, Bloodi 'eavy sack o' gold," he said.  He questioned himself, "Don't tha' barracks 'ave enough bleedin crowns?"  He then exclamed, "I need my share o' cash!".  Kurt chucked the heavy bag of gold against the wall as hard as he could.  The gold splashed out of the bag in too the piles and piles of Gold.  He then sat down at a table and began writing his report.*

Cyclopean Camp Under the Illshenar Moon

Lead By:
Junior Guardsman, Kurt

Attended:
Guardsman Recruit, Seamus
Watchman, Robert Fripp
Regular Scout, Kal Shadowhand
Grenadier Sergeant, Ahmed Al Maktoum
Grenadier Sergeant, Ryan Greystone
*Written nicer and neater than the others*
My Liege, Octiovus

Painting of Loot:

Written Description:

This was a grand day I have finnaly completed the trials Sir!  I was particularly honored to have the Baron witness my trial firsthand.  When we were there we encountered some normal titans and cyclops with an occasional Ettin.  We also encountered some golden ones as well.  The creatures were all taken down without anyone getting knocked, and we collected the gold off each creature.  Everyone except one was listening good although my team ran off occasionally, I would just call them back.  Here is some paintings of us slaughtering the beasts without trouble.  Ye can see the looks in their eyes as they're being ripped to shreds.  I hope ye like the paintings of all the beast's going through the painful agony of their deaths.

Visual Description:

*Signed*

Junior Guardsman, Kurt
« Last Edit: August 25, 2005, 03:24:42 am by Kurt » Logged
Ahmed
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2005, 10:31:09 am »

Fantastic work Kurt, and I must say I enjoyed myself on that hunt, although my wound is still playing up. I'm sure my Liege enjoyed it too. Exceptional work on all those reports, there will be just a final small test before you get those arms now, with Sergeant Greystone. I look forward to seeing you in the aquad.

Grenadier Sergeant Maktoum,
Cove Militia & Cove Administration

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length