Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 07:45:45 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Grenadier's Trials: Junior Arkay
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Grenadier's Trials: Junior Arkay  (Read 3205 times)
Ahmed
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« on: September 12, 2005, 09:53:47 pm »

“No no no! It’s “I” BEFORE “E” EXCEPT AFTER “C” YOU MUPPET!! You’ll never even make it to the next rank if you can remember sinple sheet like that!! Just thank avatar that you’re decent with your bow! Anyway, do these as quickly as you can!”

Footslave Junior Arkay! Get these done quickly and you’ll be able to join your master’s squad, the Baron’s Own Grenadiers!

• Bring me back a set of teeth of a Balron. Find one, lob it’s jaw off (while it’s dead would be appropriate) and hurry back to Cove!
  • Organise and lead a battle games session, which includes some crucial team battles and a last man standing event. I would like to see at least six guardsmen attending.
  • Organise and lead a hunt through to the lands of Ilshnear. Where you go is up to you; however I want twenty thousand gold pieces to be gathered and added to the militia coffers!

Everything is to be documented in this thread, with full reports for each, including sketches.

Grenadier Sergeant Maktoum,
Cove Militia & Cove Administration
« Last Edit: September 14, 2005, 10:27:46 am by Ahmed » Logged

Quote from: Eason on August 16, 2005, 11:54:20 pm
I dedicate my 3000th post to...
Tha' Dubai homeboy Ahmed! 3000!

Erik Arkay/Evinyatar
Banned for profanity on command forums
Cove Command
Covian Legend

I worship Cabbage

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2005, 03:45:56 pm »

*We find Erik in front of Hythlot. Hythlot, a word of dread in itself that brings shivers to even the most hardened of warriors*

Ahem...No point in avoidin' the inevitable. I better get in there and do the deed. Gah! This place reeks of Sulphur! If there ever was a gateway into hell I suppose I'd be starin' into it now!

*Erik makes his way through the labyrinth of Hythlot quickly disposing of any foes that cross his path.*

Hah hah! Begone fould demons! For the Avatar is with me! Make way I say!

*Erik ventures deeped and deeper in the depths of Hythlot and with every yard he advances the nausiating fumes of sulphur become more suffocating. After a while Erik finds a bloody pentagram*

Gah! Truly a heathenous and most disgustin' emblem of these fiends! They shou...

*The entire chamber begins to shudder and shake. Plaster drops down from the walls and a rumbling sound is heared. The entire room seems to spin around Erik when all of a sudden a big puff of sulperic smoke erupts above the pentagram. Not just any Balron had been summoned, but the Slayer himself!*

*Erik flees in dismay as a rain of spells already come down upon him. The beast is fast and furious and his enormous sword connects with Erik swinging him across the room and crashing into a wall*

*After recovering from the first blow Erik manages to stumble back on his feet and now retaliates with prayers for the assistance of the Avatar and lets loose a rain of arrows. The fight ensues for what seems like an eternity...*

*With a final shot directly aimed at this hideous creature's throat the Balron wheels back and collapses. The battle had been won!*

*After acquiring the jaw filled with teeth Erik utters a prayer of thanks to the Avatar and flees from the dungeon*

Ahmed
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2005, 05:03:38 pm »

Ahmed examines the jaw of the greater daemon and smirks...

Seems as if though you came out on top, get those other trials done as soon as possible or your doom shall com-....just do them! Good work!

Grenadier Sergeant Maktoum,
Cove Militia & Cove Administration

Ahmed throws the jaw in the bin on his way out, with a grin on his face...

Quote from: Eason on August 16, 2005, 11:54:20 pm
I dedicate my 3000th post to...
Tha' Dubai homeboy Ahmed! 3000!

Tweeso Pebble
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2005, 06:31:34 pm »

I couldn't resist to write here! A very nice story and report. This is how a strong Grenadier work! Atleast seen from my point of view.

*Signed*
Scout Corporal Valiro Gryphonclaw
Kal/Mathew
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2005, 01:43:39 am »

Aye a Grand report et es. I jess 'ope tha' ef 'e makes et enta the Grenadier Squad tha' 'e be aroun' more than them other Grenadiers. Keep up the goo' work Junior Erik.

*Signed*
         Regular Scout: Kal ShadowHand

Erik Arkay/Evinyatar
Cove Command
Covian Legend

I worship Cabbage

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2005, 12:14:26 pm »

*Erik opens the city gates and walks outside. It is the hour announced for an elaborate series of Battle Games and training to be held within the city limits*

Right! Come to me, my countless fellow guardsme....Wha?

*Erik looks at two guardsmen shuffling uneasily with their feet*

This is it?

Yessir!

Gah! Damn lazy gits! What are they? Civilians!?! Never around when ye need em! Bah! I shall cancel the elaborate games then! We'll just host a training session on the barracks roof.

*The group makes it's way to the barracks and are joined by two more guardsmen*

Right! I'd like us to host a small trainin' session about the importance of choosin' ye fancy moves carefully! Too many times do I see the wrong kind of tactic applied to the wrong enemy!

*Erik devides the group in two*

Right! You two will be the trained squad. I want you to keep tryin' to disarm yer opponent and aim for a mortal blow! The other team is the team of thickies that will bleed ye, poison ye puncture your armor or whatever.

*Some of them don't appear to have the proper weaponry for the job*

Gah! Useless gits! Goin' to war with nothin' but kitchen utensils eh? *Slaps fist in open palm* I want you to visit the armory pronto and get some proper weapons!

*Luckaly the necessary weaponry is found fast and the training can proceed*

*Each time switching between which team gets to disarm and mortal strike their opponent it is quite obvious after a while it is always that group that wins the fight*

Alright lads! Now what did we learn in this trainin'?

Err.. That in group warfare it's better to disarm and cause mortal wounds with yer opponent!

That's right! And don't you forget it! And why do you think that is?

Errr... *Scratches head*

Gah! I thought it was obvious. In group warfare warriors heal too quickly to get the benefits of bleedin', armor piercin', poisonin' and whatnot. Disarm 'em, cause mortal wounds! Make sure ye remember it!

Yessir!

Right. Since I know ye all would like to gang up on the Junior we'll finish off with a free for all!

*After falling first to the eager recruits I dismiss the men with a feeling of satisfaction that at least those with the stamina to attend learned a valuable lesson today.

In attendance:

Erik Arkay, Junior
Garand, Junior
Grazgor, Recruit
Roland Dagorian, Recruit
Delcarakdur, Recruit

[OOC] Damn you all for not being online! For the brave 4 that did attend...Good training! I believe we all learned valuable lessons we can use in future battles

« Last Edit: September 18, 2005, 12:18:51 pm by Erik Arkay » Logged

Erik Arkay/Evinyatar
Cove Command
Covian Legend

I worship Cabbage

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2005, 10:20:27 am »

*Erik stumbles down the barracks stairs mumbling and muttering like an old hag*

Bloodi Titans!.....Bloodi Golden Titans!..  #&!#&!!!

Right chaps! This is the third attempt to breach through em titans and cyclopses in Ilshenar. Twice now we have felt the bitter sting of withdrawel and defeat. I want to BREACH their resistance! I've been told great sorcerers lurk inside the mountainrange they protect. Heathens and infidels that require a proper burnin'!

Ne'er fear! Joey's 'ere!

Ah! Regular Joey! ... ... ... Muhahahhhahah! They will flee before our might now! Buckle up lads, we're up for a grand adventure again!

*The group sets out from Cove and after a small journey emerge at the Honesty Shrine in Ilshenar. They make small work of the local critters and cautiously make their way towards the Titan Gorge*

*Upon arriving in the Titan Gorge they are immediately waylaid by a large score of Titans and their Cyclopse hired thugs*

Have at them lads! Show no mercy! Make them pay for our earlier failure!

*After dispatching the last of the Titans, the group assembles before the gaping staircase leading down into their lair. This is where things went wrong before. We knew we would immediately be attacked by large groups of Titans so we braced ourselves and prepared for the worst!*

*The group storms down the stairs prepared to fight to the last man and....

Finds a whole heap of rotting carcasses. A group of strangers was slaying Titans and Orcs by the dozens.*

Ah well! Less work for us! Let us press on and snuff out this heathenous lair! They'll all rue the day they met the Covian Militia!

*The group finds many passage ways and bewildered sorcerers quickly dispatched by the experienced men until they reach a large hall filled with what can only be described as crazed zealots*

Engage at will! Charge! Charge! For the Baron!

*The last dillusionned wizards are dispatched and the group discovers a pagan altar and strange pillars. Eric squints his eyes at the pillars*

Errr... Someone tell me what they say please!  I...errr.. can't see very well in this dim light. Yes, yes! dim light! That's what it is!

Something about becoming immortal and the end of the world sir! Something about Followers of Armageddon!

Bah! Pagan lunatics, the lot of them! Does anyone have any burnin' material with them?

No sir

Gah! We'll be back to burn this place down then! Mark my words, we'll burn this place down!

*The group slowly makes their way through the dungeon until finally...*

Errr....*Scratches head* We're back near the Shrine of Honesty! That's weird! Apparently the Titans must have delved a backdoor entrance to the sorcerers cave to do their shinanigans together. Valuable information indeed! Now we can advance unseen into both their lairs!

*The group withdraws to the Barracks and Erik dismisses the brave men who valiently explored the Titan Gorge and emerged outside of the Sorcerers Temple. The gold collected from these infidels is deposited into the Baron's coffers.*

Attendance:

Joey Lanai, Regular
Julius Estory, Regular
Erik Arkay, Junior
Vince Valentine, Junior
Judas Deibeau, dismissed
Raiden Morana, Watchman
Roland Dagorian, Recruit

« Last Edit: September 26, 2005, 10:27:32 am by Erik Arkay » Logged

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: