Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 10:49:37 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  OOC Boards
| |-+  OOC Board (Moderators: Kelly Sanderson, Hoagie)
| | |-+  An update from the wiki
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: An update from the wiki  (Read 1103 times)
Hector Foxberg
Cleric
Guest Of Cove

View Profile WWW
« on: August 16, 2008, 08:34:53 pm »

Here comes the brief, regularly update from the MoongatesWiki community project:

So far, we've been able to keep up with storing most recent Ye Sosarian Morning Poste-issues, and with the bigger community events, such as the Olympics and the Border Wars.  We have been able to establish a good number of articles related to old CoY and Yew-centred guilds.  There is a lot of things missing related to CoRE (The Republic of Vesper, Britannia Guards, the Duchy of Trinsic, the Elven Guild and the Royal Marksmen Regiment are examples) and especially to ERPA.  We are also very short on character biographies, especially those who have played central parts in the community over the years.

This should give you an idea of what we are missing.  Contributing it very easy, and all you need to do is create your own account.  From now on, all contributions must be authenticated (that is, you need an account), to avoid spam bots.

I've been speaking with various people, such as Henry Lumbard and Devnet/Waterfay, who both are big contributors to the in-game book lore on Europa, and a future project will be to implement a system for "digitalizing" books.  This way, we can use the wiki to preserve the IC book lore as well.

Next to this, we need volunteers to maintain the Bagball League's section.  Aiden of Grd ran the first bagball tournament at the King's Stadium in Yew, but we haven't got the results in yet.

That's it for now, and I hope you will donate some of your time and energy to preserving the role-playing history and lore of Europa!

-- Gerbo, curator

Edmund Fairholm

Kas Valentine
Spellbook of Cove
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2008, 11:23:20 pm »

In regard to your effort at "digitalizing" books I inherited a large library in Deepwater when I moved into the tower that used to be the old Mall (76o2N, 2o27W, Felucca). We've got countless books by Dardan Brook and many others. Not sure if this is the kind of history you're looking for but thought I'd mention it all the same.

Keep up the good work !

Siegfried
Templar Preceptor
Covian Church
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2008, 11:30:36 pm »

Contact me via PM with regards to this digitalised library; I have a great deal of Church and Cove books that I would like cemented into history.

Signed

Father Siegfried,
Templar Preceptor

"Amidst the chaos and confusion, only one thing is for certain; no one is safe from the noose!"
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length