Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 04:55:40 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  OOC Boards
| |-+  OOC Board (Moderators: Kelly Sanderson, Hoagie)
| | |-+  Arizona trying to push anti-trolling bill..
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Arizona trying to push anti-trolling bill..  (Read 1135 times)
Jassi Cowin
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

I'm a pepper!

View Profile
« on: April 05, 2012, 12:05:37 pm »

Read more here..

http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged-in/arizona-bill-could-criminalize-internet-trolling-184547052.html

Yes, that is right, my state wants to criminalize trolling on the internet...

It is unlawful for any person, with intent to terrify, intimidate, threaten, harass, annoy or offend, to use ANY ELECTRONIC OR DIGITAL DEVICE and use any obscene, lewd or profane language or suggest any lewd or lascivious act, or threaten to inflict physical harm to the person or property of any person.

Violators could be charged with a Class 1 misdemeanor and face up to 6 months in jail. If electronic devices are used to stalk someone, the charges then become a Class 3 felony, with penalties ranging from a minimum sentence of two and a half years in jail for non-dangerous offenders with no prior record to 25 years.

The US Constitution includes a COMMANDMENT to ALL STATES. This commandment appears within Section 1 of the 14th Amendment. I present it here:

'....No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws. ...'

---- ADDITIONALLY, from the 1st Amendment -----

'....Congress shall make no law...... abridging the freedom of speech . ....'

Now, as a lowly and humble Troll, I will now climb back under my Bridge and wait to collect troll fees from passersby..

I mean, who would enforce such a law anyways, are they going to have teams of internet police scouring the internet looking for IP addresses of anonymous losers making stupid remarks? Seriously, I think some politicians need arrested, grrr.. I am so annoyed right now *dials 911* yes, hello? Arizona legislatures are annoying me, arrest them!

Sash Contains:
Ribbon of Activity
Order of Distinction

Mentoring:

Linaeus
Cove Command
Covian Legend

Not the Commander.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 02:25:36 am »

So, wait, they're making it illegal to annoy people on the internet? Problem solved; Arrest the Arizona Senate. They're annoying me on the internet. Cheesy

Torrak: As far as I'm concerned, though, EA is just unauthorized modding BoC.
Jassi Cowin
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

I'm a pepper!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2012, 07:50:58 pm »

Can you imagine the phone calls that the 911 operator will get from trolls? Oh, wait..

Sash Contains:
Ribbon of Activity
Order of Distinction

Mentoring:

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length