Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 11:19:04 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Report, Yewmen testing Covians
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Report, Yewmen testing Covians  (Read 1952 times)
Rupert
Swedish drunkard on patrol
Covian Regular

View Profile
« on: November 30, 2005, 12:43:10 am »

The Guardsmen Militia attack upon The Barony of Cove, 29th November about 20.30 GMT

The following guardsmen attended, taken from my head so might have missed one or two:

Valiro, Scout Sergeant
Grief Dryfh Gry, Senior Guardsman
Drachir, Officer Cadet
Vince Valentine, Regular Grenadier
Rupert Ridir, Watchman
Olchafa Serpernt, Watchman
Marie Le Blanc, Watchman
Grazgorn, Watchman
Seamus, Guardsman Recruit
Kiyoshi, Guardsman Recruit

Vasilina, Vesper Recruit (?)

T'was a beautiful day, which turned into a beautiful night. Everything was calm and a snowman builders competition would take place, with absolutely no interest whatsoever, even the event holder forgot it. While I put my snowman thingies back into my bankfolder in Cove, unknowingly a threat was walking slowly towards our barracks. Everything was peacefull around our shire, our church was being rebuilt, our townhall likewise and our barracks have seen better days. But we nay let that ruin our allready strong morale.

I walked towards the barracks, through the iron gate which leads into the town of Cove, when I heard a distant call from one of the light company scouts; "Yewmen incoming! Every free guard to the barracks!". With haste I grabbed my bow, hand it onto my back and started to sprint towards the barrack. On my arrival, a few guardsmen had allready lined up, I joined the line looking at the men. I saw confused and tired faces, they had just returned from various duties and didn't expect this to happen. Now they just had a couple of minutes to get ready before the Yewmen would arrive.

Looking to the right, looking to the left, we had no idea from where the Yewmen would come before it was too late. Grief took control over the battlegroup of guards, those with the ability to hide in shadows were ordered to do so. That was the preparations we managed to do before we heard the footsteps stop and the heavy leg armor banged against eachother as they came to an halt. Grief, with a sturdy looking face, quickly made up a new, clever, never known before formation and ordered it done around him. Of course everyone tried their best.

The guardsmen Militia from Yew caught us by suprise, the strong guardsmen in shining armor stood on our doorstep. You could hear the gulping and heavy breathing among our ranks as we could hear the proud Yewmen say a few words to eachother. Since I could hide I managed to go closer and hear that Klion himself, or atleast someone near him, cursed the Yewmen for letting the Covian scout find out about their arrival. Seems like they would have wanted a totally uninformed visit, maybe to kidnap our recruits to bring to their homes and, oh the lord knows what...

The guardsmen spoke louder and louder, slowly moving closer and closer to our ranks. They finally stepped out from behind the barracks, watched us all in our eyes and lined up beside us, having their arms raised high. This wasn't going to end without bloodshed. Grief, the sturdy Covian went up to Klion and, well Im not sure what he did but the guardsmen started swing their weapons against our brave and sturdy Grief. Then the war started...

When we saw Grief was being attacked, we unveiled from the shadows and let our arrows pierce through the guardsmens shields, atleast thats what I wished would have happened. The bloody arrows just bumped off the shields strangely. Our battlegroup charged, the Yewmen charged, both with battlecries...

The Yewmen had brought their strongest guardsmen, and that was obvious, for we fell one by one to our knees. The battlegroup lost man after man, lass after lass. Grief dissapeared, seems like he ran off into the forest *grins*

With clubs, sticks and stones we defended our land, homes and lasses. But nothing stopped the Yewmen, they kept on clubbing us down. One guardsman fell though, which was a small victory, they wouldn't go home to Stonekeep unscarred.

The battle was soon over, the Covian Militia have failed to uphold their defenses against the Yewmen from Stonekeep. Not enough that they beat us, they went all inspecting our buildings wondering what the hell had happened in our Shire. I believe they were just pretending to not know...

SUDDENLY from out of nowhere, the sturdy Grief returned with haste to the barracks, with I guess, all Yewmen after him. *grins*

But this is not the end of Cove I'm sure. Even though we were unprepared this once, more nights will come, more battles and wars lay ahead, Yewish heads shall roll. We did our best on short notice and lack of the best guardsmen. But never the less, we faught with pride and honor, which the Yewmen lacked, closer to cavemen you have to look far for...

Honored to be in the Militia and defend the true
/Rupert

« Last Edit: November 30, 2005, 12:00:29 pm by Rupert » Logged

Olchafa Serpernt
Covian Guardsman
Covian Regular

*Mutters*

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2005, 09:04:38 am »

I were there too! Fightin in the shadows!

*Signed Olchafa Serpernt*
Rupert
Swedish drunkard on patrol
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2005, 12:00:55 pm »

Seens I have a habbit of forgetting about ye Chaffey lad *waves*

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length