Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 12:25:17 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  OOC Boards
| |-+  OOC Board (Moderators: Kelly Sanderson, Hoagie)
| | |-+  The Gossip Goblin
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: The Gossip Goblin  (Read 6030 times)
Hrothgar
Played by a Icelandic banker
Cove Command
Covian Legend

The Old One

View Profile
« on: December 11, 2006, 07:02:18 pm »

December Issue

The Gossip Goblin lands in Cove!

Behold! The first newsletter brought to you by The Gossip Goblin. These lengthy pages filled with the latest news shall be coming to your inbox every month from now on.

Avamass in two days!

In only a couple of days shall the church acknowledged Avamass festivities begin! From the 12th of December to the 1st of January be nice to your fellow Covians, give each other a pat on the back and a nice big gift!

Not only do gifts flow freely around the city during Avamass, so does a certain character known as St.Nich the winterman. If you behave and make sure not to torture any drows this month, St.Nich will leave a present in your shoe but if you stray away from the goodness then he will sit on your face while you sleep! Have a lovely Avamass!

BoC's MyUO standing

Our status on MyUO has been going up and down recently, at the moment its slightly downwards as displayed below.

Veteran Members: 57
Total Members: 112

It is apparent that something needs to be done folks, lets put our hands together and start recruiting. BoC was once a guild of 160+ plus characters and reigned as the largest roleplaying guild in Ultima Online, how about we get it back to that status, eh?

Member of the Month!

For December we have chosen Watchman Eve as BoC's member of the Month and thus title her as "The Most Prominent Newcomer". I had a chat with Eve and got a little inside her head regarding her award and generally being a part of BoC.

Gossip Goblin: Okay Eve, let me begin by congratulating you on your achievement.

Eve: Thanks, it was not something I was expecting

Gossip Goblin: You must be very excited?

Eve: Well with all that money I have just received, who wouldnt be.

Gossip Goblin: Good answer *Smiles*

Gossip Goblin: So how long approximately have you been a part of BoC?

Eve: Since October.. so just over a month

Gossip Goblin: Well then we know you were not chosen for your long standing service *Smiles*

Gossip Goblin: The reason we chose you Eve was that we felt that you stood out amongst the crowd as the "Most Promising Newcomer".

Gossip Goblin: Have you been enjoying your time in BoC?

Eve: Yes I certainly have, I have learnt alot about the game in general, the importance of why the rules are in place and enjoyed the companionship of others.

Gossip Goblin: Great to hear Eve

Gossip Goblin: Now you've been with us for over a month now, do you have any idea's in your head that might better the guild and increase excitement?

Eve: For me it has been essential having a mentor, perhaps I am lucky because I have a good one.  I think it is important that recruits are treated well and looked after.  The tasks that I have been given have been rewarding and great fun.  But I enjoy the companionship of others more than the lonely tasks... but that just me.

Gossip Goblin: Perhaps thats something for command to consider.

Gossip Goblin: Any final words for our readers?

Eve: The most important thing is to have fun, be creative and be imaginative.

Gossip Goblin: Wisely spoken, thank you for this Eve and again congratulations on your award.

Eve: Thank you very much.

If you believe you should be chosen as the Member of the Month send a PM to Raziel and explain why you should become the Member of the Month.

The Member of the Month recieves a check for 50.000 Gold Coins and an interview in the Gossip Goblin.

Winter Market coming soon!

The Gossip Goblin is an entirely OOC newsletter, all information featured is to be considered OOC information and not viable for use in-game.

Hrothgar
Played by a Icelandic banker
Cove Command
Covian Legend

The Old One

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2007, 05:08:38 pm »

January Issue

WAR!

On the lips of every Covian are the news of the recent hostilities with the city of Haven. War has been declared on Haven and Cove now faces enemies on three sides.

Will Cove stand victorious once the dust settles? Or will we be forced to abandon our homes and seek refuge? We'll see..

The New Year!

Happy new year y'all! BoC has now spanned through three years and will continue to span for dozen more! Lets make 2007 the best year for BoC ever! Recruit a friend! Get some leaflets out, share the experience of the Baronship of Cove.

BoC's MyUO Standing

In less then a month BoC has managed to pull itself back together and has once again become a roster to be reckoned with!

Veteran Members: 71
Total Members: 134

Ofcourse this is not enough for us greedy Covians, we must have more! Lets go back over the 150 character bar and with that eventually see new elements open up such as a new army squad or something even more exotic.

Member of the Month

We here at the Gossip Goblin thought long and hard before choosing this issue's member of the month and after a difficult evaluation the member was chosen.

January's member of the Month: Kal Shadowhand!

Gossip Goblin: Hello Kal and congratulations on being chosen BoC's member of the month.

Kal ShadowHand: Well I thank ye

Gossip Goblin: You were chosen for your remarkable loyalty and dedication to the Baronship of Cove. How long have you been a member?

Kal ShadowHand: The years I 'ave been a Member in this fine Army is too many to remember

Gossip Goblin: A fully fledged veteran you would say?

Kal ShadowHand: Aye! I would be considered a Veteran in this fine Army

Gossip Goblin: And ofcourse you plan on continuing for many more years to come, right?

Kal ShadowHand: Indeed I do, for I will watch some come and some go I have no reason to leave and further more don't wish to move on

Kal ShadowHand: I found my nitch in life

Gossip Goblin: Great to hear Kal, now what has been the most enjoyable experience in BoC?

Kal ShadowHand: Sneaking around scaring people that don't know I AM THERE

Gossip Goblin:*Laughs*

Kal ShadowHand: *Grins*

Gossip Goblin: As a seasoned veteran, is there anything in particular that you feel this guild is in need of to become a stronger and better community?

Kal ShadowHand: Well as we all know we are indeed loosing more men each day that goes by. We can use more men to further protect our Fine Commoners and the town we call home

Kal ShadowHand: With more to protect the our fellow members of the town they would not have to worry so much about getting jumped and attacked

Gossip Goblin: Right you are Kal! Any final words?

Kal ShadowHand: I would like to say that Sence I have been around the Baronship and this fine town I could not see myself in any other town at all, FOR COVE

Gossip Goblin: Thank you for that Kal!

Kal ShadowHand: *Salutes*

Kal ShadowHand: T'was my pleasure

If you believe you should be chosen as the Member of the Month send a PM to Hrothgar and explain why you should become the Member of the Month.

The Member of the Month recieves a check for 50.000 Gold Coins and an interview in the Gossip Goblin.

The Gossip Goblin is an entirely OOC newsletter, all information featured is to be considered OOC information and not viable for use in-game.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2007, 05:30:20 pm by Darath Mithar » Logged

Mela Arkay
'Must be stopped'
The Light Company
Covian Legend

<3 PooSwallower

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2007, 07:41:09 pm »

February Issue - Writer M.A

Late Happy Valentines day!

Baron Octiovus and the rest of the Command team wishes everyone out there a late happy Valentines day. We hope everyone got something special this year. If theres any suggestions for the next Valentines day or any feedback from this one then feel free to PM a member of Command.

Cease fire with Vesper.

The news on the main page is correct we are at a ceasefire with Vesper! Although somewhat uncomfortable in Vesperian presence. Keep the peace I say, and don't be like Tiberius and start fist fights.

BoC's my UO standing

From 134 members in just a month we have come so far. Everyone who made an effort towards recruitment give yourself a big pat on the back.

Veteran Members: 84
Total Members: 167
So well done everyone in BoC! We're again the biggest and of course the finest guild on Europa. But to stay that way everyone needs to work hard, banners should be placed regularly and new and exciting events done. Lets push the guild one step forward.

This is the IC section off the Gossip Goblin! Enjoy.

Cove Rumours - Brought to you by Melony Makrel!

Rumours are flying about our Sergeant Vince Valentine. According to my sources his bride to be Kelly Sanderson received a Valentine from him in the special pink box this year. But thats not it, there was also an identical box addressed to another lady in The Love Box. For shame Vince!

Speaking of love, whats up with Darkmoon? From what I've heard he dived off the barracks roof in an attempt at suicide recently because the only he loves doesn't love him back! Blimey.

Ex Captain now Dragoon Sergeant Hoagie Grayner was supposedly beaten to a pulp by Yewish waywatchers yesterday as an attempt to gain information from him. Warning to all married Officers out there, they will use your husband/wife as a threat!

Rumour has it that very much bald Grief Dryth Gry is finally planning on growing his hair back! After decades of him being a polished baldy hes packed up the kit and letting it grow in again. Hurrah!

Do my eyes deceive me? Or is there a new love in the air? Watchman Amy Marsteller and Junior Regdar Le'Faye seem to be spending more and more time together, is love really in the air?

And whats up with Raiden and the blond Officers pet Eve? They seem to be spending a lot of time together. Raiden must be working hard to get Eve a higher rank - Honest.

The Green Goblin! Coves only and most classy tavern but what is with the bright green uniform?! From what I've heard lady's and gents Teagan Grayner is planning on re-doing the uniform, thats right, redoing the horrible snot green skirt!

And is the army getting desperate for members? From what I've seen and heard not only is there a one eyed and one handed elf working but a deaf and mute lass! Good luck with yelling out orders there. Also these two seem to be latching on together, ah well, stick with your own kind I guess.

Jessica Hawkins! She came and then left much like Tokunoese Yue Yan! What is with these women?!

Qom and Axiana both citizens of Cove also spend a lot of time together. Why is there so much hidden love in this community?! or maybe their just word-working buddy's.

Who you gonna call? The Dragoons! Finally the Covian 'elite' the dragoons are starting to pick up but with Ex Sergeant Joey Lanai and the current Sergeant in full active duty do I smell rivalry?

Erik Arkay has withered in his active duty recently and the last time he was seen he was said to be twitching and 'not himself' do keep an eye out for him, he may just snap and try kill us all!

Word on the streets tells me that Hew Phella is back and ready for business again! Apparently he has even opened up a grand library for everyone to enjoy and insert their own work in. Wow weee.

As you all know there seems to be a recent increase in deadite activity in Cove! All the Covian Officers and myself warn you not to stay out alone and always go out in pairs.

Regular Scout Dalamar seems to be head over heals for The Gormless Ginger Dragoon Flina Trix, who was seen becoming very close with also ginger dragoon Nicholi! Will the green eyed monster emerge soon?

Member of the Month
This month was very tough however we finally managed to pick our member of the Month. This month it is Regdar Le'Faye in 'Most active oldie' award. I had a small chat or an 'interview' with Regdar regarding his reward and the time he has spent in BoC and any feedback he would like to give the Command team.

Gossip Goblin:
So Congratulations for being this Months 'Member of the Month'

Regdar :
Thank you, it's a great honour. *Smiles*

Gossip Goblin:
Surprised? *Grins*

Regdar:
I think the expression is, "Shell shocked" *Chuckles.*

Gossip Goblin:
Haha, How long exactly have you been in BoC Regdar?

Regdar :
Oh dear.. This will take some thinking..

Regdar:
I believe it was June 2005.

Gossip Goblin:
Thats quite a long time. You see, your being awarded this for being the 'Most Active Oldie'

Gossip Goblin:
As I like to call it.

Regdar:
And here I was thinking it was for being the most attractive! *Frowns*

Gossip Goblin:
Haha! Sorry, not this month. So how have you enjoyed BoC so far Regdar?

Regdar:
It's a great guild; the best in my eyes. Every day here is just as great as the last, if not more so. *Smiles*

Gossip Goblin:
Thats really great to hear. Is there anything you would like to see in BoC to up the excitement level?

Regdar:
More members never went amiss. It's always great to pass on your knowledge and experience to the less veteraned members. Oh, and, I'd like to finally see the naval section of the army implented.That should be great fun *Grins.*

Gossip Goblin:
Command will most certainly consider this.

Gossip Goblin:
Anything else to say to our trusty readers?

Regdar:
Well.. I'd just like to thank everyone, really, for all their hardwork in making this the best Role Play guild!

Gossip Goblin:
Thats very nice of you! Thank you too!

Gossip Goblin:
Congratulations again on your reward.

Regdar:
Ah, thank you very much. *Smiles*

The Gossip Goblin is an entirely OOC newsletter, all information featured is to be considered OOC information and not viable for use in-game. The rumours section is as an exception to this.

Mela Arkay
'Must be stopped'
The Light Company
Covian Legend

<3 PooSwallower

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2007, 12:00:03 am »

March Issue - Writer M.A

Happy Easter!

Its that time again (almost) where we can shamelessly indulge in a mass amount of chocolate products & puddings. A big happy easter to everyone out there from the whole of Command.

BoC's my UO standing

Activity has sadly dropped and our members are sliding dangerously low.

Veteran Members: 79
Total Members: 147

Come on everyone! Lets get the ball moving once again.Get BoC back up to his glorious 170+ members. Place banners.

In the Navy

The rumours are true Ladys and Gents the Covian army now rules the high seas once again. With Garak Nightchill former Officer Cadet of the Scouts,  in the Lieutenant (Lieutenant, is the equal rank to sergeant) position I'd say things are looking positive for our new Company.

Interested in joining the navy? Sign up on the Navy's own boards!

The Graveyard

A long side the Navy one of BoC's newest features is a Graveyard where we write down the names characters which have died! If you think someone else is deserving of a gravestone and are either MIA or dead feel free to send Mela Arkay a PM with your ideas.

Click here to go to the graveyard

Bored?

Below is a list of things you can do when bored as well as current competitions.

Want more ideas? Check out Dragoon Sarg Hoagie's list of activites . Don't be bored! Entertain yourself!

According to my reliable sources late Monday evening a strange magical artifact was brought to Cove! Be on your guard everyone, we all know Cove doesn't have the best of luck with these sorts of things.

Did I hear wedding bells last Sunday? Is it true? Did Vince Valentine and Kelly Sanderson finally get married? Even after the mysterious valentines box addressed to Yue Yan which -happened- to look like the one Kelly got? Good luck to you then Kelly!

Recruits and watchmen beware! That Devilish Tokuono man Kazuo Shinrai is said to be poisoning recruits and dying their hair green! Shock horror

And what has that Raiden Morana been up too? Not only working his charm at stag nights he seems to be working his charms on the only female Dragoon! Using medicine as a poor excuse. Shame on you Raiden.

Speaking of Raiden, from what I've been hearing the dashing Grenadier beat his ex lover Amy Marsteller with a stick as she tried to save Kelly's life from the clutches of the church!

Looking around Cove it seems tall people [or normal sized people] are becoming in shortsupply recently as Cove seems to be being over taken by those with stunted growth.

A special notice:

With grave concern I have noted a growing trend amongst the people of Cove.  Ignorance.  Ignorance of Avatar.  Ignorance of the Avatarian Faith.  Ignorance of the eternal damnation that awaiteth the heretic, the heathen and the blasphemer.  The Faithless hide behind ignorance like a guardsman behind his shield.  But, my children, ignorance will nay shield ye from Avatar's Wrath.

The heathen will stand forlorn and in agony in the deepest pit of the Abyss, suffering unspeakable torment.  And he shall gaze upwards screaming for mercy, begging for Avatar's intervention.  "Avatar, I had nay idea!" they shall scream.  Still the agony will continue, the unceasing torment at the hands of the Guardian's imps.  "Avatar! Have mercy, Oh Lord!" they will shriek.  Still they will be lashed with whips of flame and punished for their sinful ways.  "Avatar, I did nay know!" 

And Avatar will gaze down upon them from the heavens and thus spaketh;  "WELL, THOU KNOWEST NOW!" 

Thus shall it be on the final Day of Judgement when Avatar's Divine Kingdom shall descendeth upon Sosaria, when the Faithful Avatarians shall be exalted and the Faithless shall be cast down with the orcs and the drow into the Abyss.   

Ignorance of the Lord is no excuse.  Have the Courage to learn the Truth of the Lord Avatar, and accept His Love.  Or suffer eternal damnation.  The choice is thine.

In Nomini Deus,

Father Reynard Destain
Bishop of Cove

[Comment from M.M: Oh dear folk's, looks like the 'father' has got his knickers in a twist! Lets be good little soldiers and not provoke another elf burning.]

Got a rumour your just itching to share? Never fear! Send Melony Makrel a pigeon and get it off your chest.

Member of the Month

Yet another tough decision however we finally managed to pick our member of the Month. This month it is Dalamar in 'The Golden Oldie' award. I had a small chat or an 'interview' with Dalamar regarding his reward and the time he has spent in BoC and any feedback he would like to give the Command team.

Gossip Goblin:
Congratulations on being on this issues 'Member of the Month'. I guess that came as quite a shock didn't it?

Dalamar:
Yes it did...

Dalamar:
Still can't understand why it's me... *grins*

Gossip Goblin:
Well, you have been a member of BoC for a very long time Dalamar and Command wants you to know all your event efforts are appreciated! *Smiles*

Gossip Goblin:
How long exactly have you been in BoC Dal?

Dalamar:
*smiles*

Dalamar:
Hrm...

Dalamar:
Hmm... I think, I joined around August 2005.

Gossip Goblin:
Thats quite a long time indeed!

Gossip Goblin:
How have you enjoyed BoC so far Dalamar? *Smiles*

Dalamar:
Even I have been around long... everyday brings something new and fun... I can't see my self anywhere else than in Cove *grins*

Gossip Goblin:
Thats great to hear Dal! Couldn't have said it better myself.

Gossip Goblin:
Command is continuously working to try improve BoC for the better of its members. Is there anything you can think of to improve BoC and up the excitement level?

Dalamar:
Hmm...  At the moment BoC is so great that can't really see how to improve it... Only thing that comes quickly to my mind is some sort of tournaments would be fun... and ,Yes!, we need more trainings held by Tiberius *grins*

Gossip Goblin:
*Laughs* I couldn't agree more! Command will certainly take this into account and I think we can torch Tib a bit to do more of his trainings.

Dalamar:
*smirks*

Gossip Goblin:
On that note is there anything you would like to say to our readers?

Dalamar :
Now that Tiberius is going to keep more trainings... I want to see all of you to join those trainings as well. *grins* And keep up the good work and remember to have fun.

Gossip Goblin:
Most certainly wise words *Winks*

Gossip Goblin:
Congratulations again on your award! And continue to be a star member in BoC!

Dalamar:
Thank you.. I'll do my best *smirks*

The Gossip Goblin is an entirely OOC newsletter, all information featured is to be considered OOC information and not viable for use in-game. The rumours section is as an exception to this.

Mela Arkay
'Must be stopped'
The Light Company
Covian Legend

<3 PooSwallower

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2007, 09:06:15 pm »

April Issue - Writer M.A

Navy's New Leader
Most of you will know that the famed Gregor Eason is finally back in action and is taking over for the Navy! The sea dog has already re-done the uniform and started on events. If your interested in a future place in the Navy be sure to contact Gregor or drop a note on the thread on the Naval squad board.

BoC's my UO standing
Lets get recruiting guys and gals! We can do better than this.
Total Members: 129
Wondering how you can help BoC? See the article below!

What can YOU do?
BoC's My UO standing (see article above) is shocking we have dramatically dropped over the last few months from 170 members to just under 130. Command do their best to keep numbers up but what can you as a member do to help?

Banners, banners, BANNERS!
Banner placing is great way to draw in new members! Placing the attractive Covian colour cloth, with two torches, a rune & a book at each Moongate and town bank would really help after all every UO player has to use a bank and a moongate every now and then. You may also do them on popular roleplay spots on other shards like Catskills & Atlantic!

Recruitment Stalls!
You don't have to be a higher rank or even in the army to run one of these! Simply take some books and runes (and covian coloured cloth if you want) to a popular bank, and set up an army sign up stall!

Word of mouth.
A friend looking for a new guild? Mention BoC! Word of Mouth (or should it be word of text?) is probably the best recruitment method and most new recruits -are- got that way.

The question everyone has been wanting to know, are the ginger haired Dragoon and the elven Scout really 'getting it on'? The church is waiting around the corner of the pair, they best be careful. But what happened to poor ginger Dragoon Nicholi? Was he not in the spotlight before.. or did one of Dalamar's moods sway the girls decision?

According to my most reliable sources Yewish Orcs have been seen moving in packs towards the Covian Orc fort! Is Cove in danger? What are these forigen orcs up too?

Also from what I have heard (and I do hear a lot fellow readers) there seems to be some tension between Conan Darkmoon and Vesper! Is it because he is apparently 'stealing' one of their women? Who knows.

Do my eyes decieve me? Or was Ex Commander Gregor Eason whispering 'sweet nothings' to a foldable bench during a training?

Recently Cove seems to be attracting looneys as a brightly dressed gypsy was wondering around recently mumbling about goats and yelling 'Mother!' at thin air.

Finally it seems the Green Goblin has some more staff as Teagan Trix again employed Ex Watchman Kyte as a barman!

And has someone been picking on poor Grenadier Eve? From what I've heard she was rather upset the other day only to be comforted by Demarian Tel'Var.

Ditriteous Longbone Longbane and John Dell seem to be terrorizing all the female guardsmen and citizen alike! Whatever shall we do?

Are the rumours true?! Has Amon Jarl really opened a tailors shop?? I know where I'll be getting my clothes from now on!

What is up with that Watchman recently? From what I've been told Watchman Amy has been stomping around in a right mood!

Sergeant Hoagie Grayner has been in a surprisingly jumpy mood recently. I would take advantage of this while you can Recruits!

Got a rumour your just itching to share? Never fear! Send Melony Makrel a pigeon and get it off your chest.

Member of the Month
This month was very tough however we finally managed to pick our member of the Month. This month it is Maldraedior: for his outstanding activity and event running!

Gossip Goblin:
Congratulations of being this issues Member of the Month Mal. Shocked?

Maldraedior:
Indeed I am shocked, didn't even know there was a thing called Member of the Month. Of course, it is always fun to receive such an honor

Gossip Goblin:
Well you do now! Your quite new to BoC arn't you?

Maldraedior:
*smiles* Right you are. Yeah I am, I am an old skool in UO, but I've had a break for over 2 years - got back about 3 weeks ago and joined BoC the same day as I activated my account.

Gossip Goblin:
Thats great to hear! So we know you were nominated for you long service to BoC.

Gossip Goblin:
You were picked because of your activity, and you've also been running events haven't you?

Maldraedior:
Happy to hear that my work is appreciated and noticed. Always trying to make a fun and interesting gaming experience for myself and everyone I play with.

Gossip Goblin:
Everyone should think like you Mal *smiles*

Gossip Goblin:
How have you enjoyed BoC so far?

Maldraedior:
Thank you for your kind words

Maldraedior:
Yeah, I have enjoyed it a lot ... it suits me perfectly. I stopped gaming WoW since to be on the top of that game, you need to grind all the time and its the same thing all over.

Maldraedior:
Its more chill and a lot of more RP events in UO..

Maldraedior:
Can loggin and play when I feel like it. Its great.

Maldraedior:
And of course I have only had positive experience with the members in BoC so far

Gossip Goblin:
Thats great to hear Mal! *Smiles* Glad your enjoying your time in BoC.

Gossip Goblin:
Command is continuously working to try improve BoC for the better of its members. Is there anything you can think of to improve BoC and up the excitement level?

Maldraedior:
Great to hear.

Maldraedior:
Well, more events doesn't hurt anyone

Maldraedior:
And of course, hopefully more of the Commanding members will have more time to play with us in the near future. Would be excellent.

Gossip Goblin:
*Winks* On it.

Gossip Goblin:
Is there anything else you'd like to say to our readers?

Maldraedior:
Sounds great. Special note to our Baron : Be more on!

Maldraedior:
Last words to your readers ...

Gossip Goblin:
*Laughs* Thank you very much Mal!

Maldraedior:
Hope you all are having a good time and enjoying this interview!

Maldraedior:
Gossip Goblin is kick ass!

Mela Arkay
'Must be stopped'
The Light Company
Covian Legend

<3 PooSwallower

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2007, 10:07:33 pm »

March Issue - Writer M.A

Welcome to BoC!
We've gained a fair few new members over the month and the whole of Command team would like to say Welcome and enjoy your time in BoC!

BoC's my UO standing
From 119 members and 70 odd veteran BoC is finally starting to raise again!

Veteran Members: 72
Total Members: 130

Come on everyone, lets get BoC back up to his glorious 170 members.

Welcome back too:
The player of Jenifer Feather the ex Scout Sergeant, Desmond Kreiger and Marcus Kobra!

Events
When posting up an event Ladys and gents, don't forget to use the Calender! The Calender can be found here

Covian Boxing League
Enjoyed the last Boxing training? Interested in joining the Covian Boxing League? Sign up here!

According to my sorces and much to the dismay of The Covian army Vince Valentine and Conan Darkmoon were found dead. Are their deaths related? How is Vince's wife coping?

Seems to me Lady's and gents tension between certain dragoons and dragoon recruits has stirred. Oh my.

And what has happened to the Dragoon Sergeant recently? From what I've seen the dashing Sergeant shaved off all his hair and is often seen waxing his head! Is he distantly related to Grief Gryth Dry, or has the death of Vince Valentine hit him a little too hard?

Speaking of the bald menace, according to my sources him and the head barmaid have been making plans to change the Green Goblin. Starting with that dreadful uniform!

Is it true that Qom is looking for a barmaid or man for his banquet? Sounds good, when do I start?

And whats with those little brats running around Cove. According to my sources they've been causing quite a fuss.

From what I've seen Lady's and Gents, lower ranks are starting to take over!

Member of the Month

Yet another tough decision however we finally managed to pick our member of the Month. This month it is Mercy in 'Most active newbie' award. I had a small chat or an 'interview' with Mercy regarding her reward and the time she has spent in BoC and any feedback she would like to give the Command team.

Gossip Goblin:
 So congratulations on being this Months MOTM (for short).

Gossip Goblin:
Guess that came as quite the shocker, huh? *Smiles*

Mercy:
Yes just a bit

Gossip Goblin:
You were awarded it for basically being the most active newbie.

Gossip Goblin:
How long approximately have you been in BoC, Mercy?

Mercy:
Since 10th May

Mercy:
18 days, seems like a month

Gossip Goblin:
Thats fantastic!

Gossip Goblin:
How are you enjoying BoC so far?

Mercy:
Very much so, everyone has been friendly and helpful.  I've really felt a part of the Guild and not just a lowly rank who's unimportant.

Gossip Goblin:
Thats brill, we aim to make you feel welcome from the beginning.

Gossip Goblin:
Is there anything in BoC that you think could do with improving?

Mercy:
Arcanist division!  I'd really like to help Kas in making one, even got some ideas for uniform and such.

Gossip Goblin:
*Chuckles* That seems to be a popular idea recently! Command will most certainly keep this in mind

Gossip Goblin:
Any other ideas you want to share with us?

Mercy:
Maybe putting a barkeeper in the tavern for times when citizens can't be around it'll help keep people in the area I think.

Gossip Goblin:
*Nods* Couldn't agree with you more.

Gossip Goblin:
Anything else you would like to say to our readers?

Mercy:
Thankyou all for making BoC such a great place to be.

Gossip Goblin:
Thank you very much Mercy!

Mercy:
*smiles* thankyou

Mela Arkay
'Must be stopped'
The Light Company
Covian Legend

<3 PooSwallower

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2007, 09:21:21 pm »

June Issue - Writer M.A

Promotions:
Well done the following for being promoted this June! Now get to Captain!

Zoie Hayden, Junior Guardsman
Gabriel Drachen, Watchman (Trials received)
Ronas Xerad, Watchman

BoC's my UO standing

Its looking good folks though the numbers have dropped slightly from the last time it was checked.

Veteran Members: 80
Total Members: 157

Lets get out there and recruit!

Congratulations to:

Qom who gained the citizen rank of Governor last Sunday and Sunset who also became Qom's aide! Looks like the citizen element is on a roll.

Battle of the Cities

Well done to all those who participated in The Battle of the Cities which was held in Luna Bagball arena! Though we didn't come first, we still did exceptionally well and slid easily into second place.

Admin

The Army Administration has now been handed over to Jack Sinist, any questions should be directed towards him either via ICQ ( 203-911-891 ) or PM. Also the requirements from Watchman to Senior have been changed for more details see here.

From what I have heard Lady's and gents virtuous Lady Ileana seems to be  aiming to turn the Church upside-down! Careful of Hugo's mallet love, its not sharp but it does hurt!

And the Navy and its Commander's have once again disappeared, what is this curse which plague all sailors and potentials? Is it the curse of Ryan Greystone?

Speaking of curses are those wretched orcs and stinking undead teaming up with the Vesperian mobs? Only time will tell.

From what I can see and have been told folks, the townhall has been rebuilt. Will this also happen with the Baron's Court?

Is that Dalamar we see that is missing a tooth recently? What has the strange elf been up too I wonder? Whos husband did he anger? I'm dying to know dear readers. Speaking of which what is the friction between him and Scout Recruit Gabriel Drachen? Perhaps fighting over a certain females heart? Who knows.

The Light Company seem jumpy recently, apparently caused by the assassination attempt carried out on their Scout Sergeant just days ago.

Was that Sergeant Hoagie we saw stumbling around early this month, drunk as a coot or was it some fatter and smellier look alike?

I've heard whispers folks, whispers of a new squad being formed within the army. Only the Officers can tell!

Member of the Month

This Months Member of the Month was none other than Zoie Hayden because of her hard work with events and general dedication to The Baronship. Gossip Goblin did a quick interview with Zoie to find out her opinions on BoC.

Gossip Goblin:
Congratulations Zoie! You've been picked for this months 'Member of the Month' because of your hard work doing events and general dedication to BoC thus far.

Zoie Hayden:
Hooray!

Zoie Hayden:
I appreciate the honour.

Gossip Goblin:
Shocked? *Smiles*

Zoie Hayden:
A little bit, yes. I have been very active because I've fallen in love with the community here, but didn't expect to be recognized for it

Gossip Goblin:
Hah! Of course you would be, we appreciate hard working and dedicated members.

Gossip Goblin:
How long have you been in BoC so far?

Zoie Hayden:
I think about 2 months so far *Ponders*

Gossip Goblin:
And your enjoying it so far?

Zoie Hayden:
Definitely! I've loved it so far and am excited about the future and my part in it

Gossip Goblin:
Thats great!

Gossip Goblin:
Is there anything you would like to see in BoC? Its always good to get feedback from members.

Zoie Hayden:
That's a good question (that's what someone says when they can't answer it right away) - I'd like to see weekly or monthly salaries for the guardsmen paid from the coffers. And I want to see the new Green Goblin pub! We're thirsty!

Gossip Goblin:
Of course! Green Goblin will be built as soon as possible.

Zoie Hayden:
Wondrous news!

Gossip Goblin:
You'll be awarded 10,000 gold as all our other members of the month have been when I next see you!

Gossip Goblin:
Have anything else to say to our readers? *Smiles*

Zoie Hayden:
 *Scratches head* I'm sure I'll think of something witty later...*ponders*

Gossip Goblin:
Thats always the way! Hah, thank you for letting me interview you and I hope you continue to enjoy yourself in BoC!

Zoie Hayden:
My pleasure, and I'm sure I will for years to come

Mela Arkay
'Must be stopped'
The Light Company
Covian Legend

<3 PooSwallower

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2007, 09:58:07 pm »

July Issue - Writer M.A

Promotions:
Well done the following for being promoted this July!

Gabriel Drachen, Junior Guardsman
Kerri, Junior Scout
Sean Grayson, Watchman
Desmon Kregier, Junior Marine
Ihiniar Tel'Var, Watchman

Medals were awarded to the following:
Raiden Morana - Covian Seal
Raiden Morana - Barons Cross
Mela Arkay - Golden Quill

Also post humous medals were awarded for the following:
Vince Valentine - Richter Crest, Covian seal.
Ryan Graystone -  Golden quill, Richter Crest, Covian seal.

BoC's my UO standing

Hasn't really shifted too much since last month, however well done to those who have made an effort to reel in recruits. Don't forget that to keep a guild like BoC running we need regular recruit trips to Britain and Haven as well as banners placed each day. If you come to place banners and find the bag is empty then contact Mela Arkay and it will be refilled as soon as possible.

Veteran Members: 81
Total Members: 167

Squad member counting

The Light Company - 10 Active Scouts.
4 Active Scout Recruits
16 Overall Scouts
17 Overall Scout Recruits
Sergeant, Mela Arkay
Corporal, Kelly Valentine

The 4th Altmere Dragoons - 6 Active Dragoons
2 Active Dragoon Recruits
8 Overall Dragoons
5 Overall Dragoon Recruits
Sergeant, Hoagie Grayner
Officer Cadet, Zoie Hayden

The Barons Own Grenadiers - 4 Active Grenadiers
5 Active Grenadier Recruits
10 Overall Grenadiers
8 Overall Grenadier Recruits
Sergeant, Raiden Morana
Officer Cadet, Eve

The Navy - 2 Active Marines
0 Active Navy Recruits
4 Overall Marines
0 Overall Navy Recruits
Commodore, Arma Renox

Welcome back:

Calico Kate who has finally decided to stay as well as Anari. Now get back to work!

Victory to Cove!

Well done those who attended yesterdays (Saturday's) battle against Vesper. Although the battle started off shakily Cove won with minimal injuries. FOR COVE!

New leaders needed?

Arkay's Archery guild has been put on ice until a new leader can be found the same goes with The Covian Boxing League. Think you have what it takes to be a leader?

Thank you:

To Zoie Hayden and her actors in putting on the best performance in Covian history! Cant wait for the next.

Do my ears deceive me Covians? Or has Cove and Yew finally made peace?

According to my sources, the words 'I do' have clearly lost meaning as Khaelith Reallylonglast name and Jessica Toomanylastnamestocount were recently divorced! From what I have heard ladies and gents there is another 'man' in Miss Toomanylastnamestocount's life. Who is this time?

Was that top notch Grenadier and all round baldy I saw shining his head the other week? Has someone caught the baldy hunk in bronze's eye?

Speaking of baldys whats happened to the owner of The Goblin tavern, big time baldy and general Covian ape. Has he sailed back to Nujelm via turtleback? Or has he commit a heathenous crime and is laying low. Who knows?

Criminal activity seems to have boosted within Cove. Where are the guards?!

Speaking of criminals according to my sources The Baron has hired what he calls a privateer. Pirates? Working for the Baronship? Ghastly!

The ginger Dragoon is at it again only this time aiming for the shiny badge outside Cove! Spotted yesterday evening at Stonekeep 'sweet-talking' a certain Yewish Sergeant

Got a rumour you're just itching to share? Never fear! Send Melony Makrel a pigeon and get it off your chest.

Member of the Month

This Months Member of the Month was none other than Demarian Tel'Var because of his years of 'service' the events hes run recently and his activity
Gossip Goblin did a quick interview with Demarian to find out his opinions on BoC.

Gossip Goblin:
Congrats Dem! You've been chosen for this months 'Member of the Month' in Gossip Goblin.
Reason being, you've been running a lot of events recently and have also been very active.
Suprised?

Demarian Tel'Var:
Yeah actually I am quite surprised .

Gossip Goblin:
Great! You'll be given 10k for your efforts as well.
How long have you been in BoC Dem?

Demarian Tel'Var:
I dunno about a decade. I joined in late October 2004 so long time ago .

Gossip Goblin:
Wow that is quite long time. How much has BoC changed in that time?

Demarian Tel'Var:
I'd say a lot as many of the old faces are gone, but I've seen the guild start from a small guild and grow to be the biggest and best guild on the Europa shard !

Gossip Goblin:
As did I *Winks*

Gossip Goblin:
Is there anything you'd like to see in BoC?

Demarian Tel'Var:
Well i think the guild is got everything as it is but, maybe some more unead to cause abit, of havoc and get a plot line started .
I did enjoy using Caggun on some event's but with reason RP times, evil isn't recognised, as it used to be .
Oh and myself at "Hardened Grenadier" . *Chuckles*

Gossip Goblin:
Hah, work hard and you'll get there Dem
But undead would be something nice. Perhaps talk your old UD friends into joining *Winks*

Demarian Tel'Var:
Indeed, though sadly a lot of us, have lost the will to, roleplay an undead due to the fact, of the current roleplay world being not so very afraid of undead .

Gossip Goblin:
Thats a shame. Anything else to say to our viewers?

Demarian Tel'Var:
Well... I guess I can say, get out there an enjoy yourselves spam nights with event's ! More events more fun ! Oh oh yes yes.. the midnight gang you know who you are *Shifts eyes* Come on my hunts !

Gossip Goblin:
*Coughs* of course Demarian
Thank you for doing this interview with me!

Demarian Tel'Var:
Was a pleasure Gossip Goblin!

The Gossip Goblin is an entirely OOC newsletter, all information featured is to be considered OOC information and not viable for use in-game. The rumours section is

Mela Arkay
'Must be stopped'
The Light Company
Covian Legend

<3 PooSwallower

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2007, 10:09:50 pm »

Augustl Issue - Writer M.A

This months promotions

Mercy Junior Guardsman >> Junior Arcanist
Kas Valentine Regular Guardsman >> Regular Arcanist
Jack Sinist Regular Guardsman >> Arcanist Corporal
Zoie Hayden Officer Cadet >> Dragoon Corporal

Congratulations everyone!

Activity of the Month Ribbon

The first ever Activity ribbon was awarded to Ihiniar Tel'Var! Congratulations and keep up the good work.

BoC's my UO standing

School is starting back up again meaning we need to do extra recruiting. Placing banners at popular banks and moongates (excluding Yew gate & Trinsic bank) or even just chatting to friends can reel em in.

Total Members: 154

Everyone give a warm welcome to:
Malachi, Guardsman Recruit
Wulfgar, Guardsman Recruit
Ezekiel, Guardsman Recruit
Ike Poof, Guardsman Recruit
Valandil Erensar, Guardsman Recruit
Dino, Guardsman Recruit
Sam, Guardsman Recruit
Powhatan, Guardsman Recruit
Gerald, Guardsman Recruit
Decker, Guardsman Recruit
Morgan Danuril, Guardsman Recruit
Lenny Frostblade, Guardsman Recruit
Nils Greybeard, Guardsman Recruit
Eirikr Beserkr, Guardsman Recruit
Dirk Flameblade, Guardsman Recruit
Gabriel Aron, Guardsman Recruit
Conall, Guardsman Recruit
Robert De'Val, Guardsman Recruit
Chronos Wilkins, Petty Thief
Sonja, Petty Thief
Summer, Commoner

Welcome to BoC! Hope you all enjoy your time here..

Feel like a good read?

Return of a dead man -
The suspicious man smiled to himself quietly and rose from his seat. He left a few gold coins on the table and slowly strolled out of the tavern looking quite satisfied.

"I will have to see this Cove... if such men exist there.. there will be so many more.. opportunities..." The man spoke as he walked off into the night laughing to himself.........

The Body left in the tavern was soon collected by a local Smith and brought to Cove to be buried. Soon After Seizan, arriving in a deranged stupor, confessed to killing Keiran and was caught, and upon trying to escape was killed by Hoagie Grayner.
- Want to read more? Click here or you can find it in The Scribes Trove. Story by Keiran Vale

Lands of Sareni -
She turned taking her leave to move into the darkened halls, her feet falling silently on the gray marble floor. Her long purple skirt fluttered about her as she made her graceful, but menacing movements down the long castle corridor. The floors were marble, with alchemic symbols engraved in each marble slab. The stonewalls of the castle were decorated with shields and pictures of those who used to live within the castle in centuries past
-
Want to read more? Click here or you can find it on The Scribes Trove Story by Zelinda Bazhir

Shadows of the present -
Selene picked up her sword, walking deep into the forest. She was going on her first hunt alone, hoping to bring home a big great hart, or bear. Her shield was in one hand, though she hoped she would not have great need for it. Her sword was held steadfast in the other.

-Want to read more? Click here or you can find it on The Scribes Trove Story by Zelinda Bazhir

The Grenadier Curse -
The Grenadier Curse... Long had it been muttered. Greystone... Lost at sea, eaten by pandas even kidnapped by otherworlders or so the tales went. Ahmed... The Baron's most loyal soldier turning in his arms and halberd to bugger off on some damn fool pilgrimage. Then there was Arkay. He had disappeared, gone slightly mad and returned pee obsessed. Not to mention the numerous attempts on old Hrothgar's life and his long absences from Cove. Even the Baron's own cousin, Kendall vanished without a trace! Raiden was starting to think that perhaps the curse was real.
-
Want to read more? Click here or you can find the story on the IC Board. Story by Raiden Morana

What is up with the citizen Farfar? I've been hearing rumours that for reasons unknown hes gone madder than Arkay! Ignoring his 'former' name he has decided to call himself Sebastian Wine.

And where have the rest of the citizens gone looks like this months town meeting will consist of 'Sebastian Wine' the Governor and a load of tumble weed.

Speaking of the town hall Governor Qom Riyadh was seen talking 'privately' in the town hall with Sergeant Grayner's wife. What are you up to now?

Who is this mysterious man whos left eye does blink?

Rumour has it Sergeant Morana broke poor Cadet Eve's heart last Sunday after the theater for reasons unknown!

Is it me? Or has old Tiberius been sneaking off a lot with a certain woman?

Khaelith the man who loved and lost was seen flirting with a barely dressed woman Wednesday evening in Cove! The pair wandered off into the woods and didn't return that night, if anyone sees Khaelith disheveled we know why!

Speaking of disheveled and late nights,Sergeant Grayner has been having no trouble discussing his plans to have yet another child. How demented will this one be?

With Demarian Tel'Var gone walkies it seems the younger Tel'var is taking his place and shamelessly attempting to swoon any possible Lady! How ghastly.

There seems to be some stirr in the Grenadier halls recently and there has been talk that the infamous 'curse' is real.

Are the rumours true?! Has The Goblin tavern now been turned into an inn as well?!

The usually calm and kind Kal Shadowhand seems to be acting more aggressive lately. I wonder what's wrong!

According to my sources one of the young Richter boys has a girlfriend!

Member of the Month
This month was very tough however we finally managed to pick our member of the Month. This month it is Ihiniar Tel'var: for his outstanding activity and event running!

Gossip Goblin:
Congrats on Winning this weeks 'Member of the Month'. Surprised? *Smiles*

Ihiniar Tel'Var:
Yeah, don't think I've done anything overly special, so it's always a nice surprise yeah.

Gossip Goblin
You also won the first activity medal as well didn't you?

Ihiniar Tel'Var
I did indeed, that was also a nice surprise Smiley

Gossip Goblin
You've won this months award for not only your activity but the events you've run.

Gossip Goblin
Commands way of saying 'Well done.'

Gossip Goblin
You'll be given 10,000 gold as well for your efforts.

Ihiniar Tel'Var
Well, it's the motivation of getting out of these bloody ringmail sleeves as fast as possible I guess, that was my own personal motivation for the events I ran and attended. It's nice to be rewarded aye. Smiley

Gossip Goblin
Have you enjoyed your time in BoC so far?

Ihiniar Tel'Var:
I have indeed, s'been really fun, even at all times of the day, night and even at daft o'clock in the morning, with the 'late night' crew Wink

Gossip Goblin
Thats great to hear!

Gossip Goblin
Is there anything you'd like to see in BoC? or anything you think needs changing? Command is constantly working to make things better and we need your help with this *Winks*

Ihiniar Tel'Var:
Hmm..!

Ihiniar Tel'Var:
Well..the watchman tasks seem to have got a lot harder, from ones I looked at going back the pages in the forums, but then again maybe it's just because I've been given one.. But they do seem to be more difficult to complete..maybe it's putting recruits and watchmen off pushing for it?

Gossip Goblin
Okay. Thank you for the feedback! We'll  most certainly take this into consideration.

Gossip Goblin
Having said this is there anything you'd like to see in Gossip Goblin?

Ihiniar Tel'Var:
Uhhm, no I think it's great that you do the work to make it, s'abit of fun reading it when they're released Smiley

Gossip Goblin:
Hah thank you!

Gossip Goblin
And finally, anything you want to say to our readers?

Ihiniar Tel'Var:
Ermm..just keep BoCing it up!

Gossip Goblin
Thanks very much Ihiniar!

Ihiniar Tel'Var:
 S'no problem Smiley

Mela Arkay
'Must be stopped'
The Light Company
Covian Legend

<3 PooSwallower

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2007, 06:35:39 pm »

September, October and November Issue - Writer M.A

The last few months promotions

Jon Trent - Recruit >> Watcman
Salick Kaysen - Watchman >> Junior
Perrin - Watchman >> Junior
Ihiniar Tel'var - Watchman >> Junior Grenadier
Falconheart - Junior >> Junior Grenadier
Graem Carcer - Watchman >> Officer Cadet
Raiden - Grenadier Sergeant >> Grenadier Captain

Congratulations everyone!

Medals recently been given out

Mela Arkay - Covian Seal
Kelly Sanderson - Covian Seal
Hoagie Grayner - Covian Seal
Darath Mithar - Covian Seal
Raiden Morana - Covian Seal

Welcome to BoC:

Tamara, Guardsman Recruit
Dessan,Guardsman Recruit
Tommy, Guardsman Recruit
Darien, Commoner
Malakai, Guardsman Recruit
Belorion, Guardsman Recruit
Thomas Scarr, Guardsman Recruit
Celestine, Commoner
Dharen El'vharn, Guardsman Recruit
Ulric Darkmoor, Guardsman Recruit
Kelt, Guardsman Recruit

BoC's my UO standing

Its time to push forward again ladies and gents, this is the lowest in numbers BoC has been for years from almost 170 in the summer to 94. Lets get moving chaps, it'd be a shame to see BoC dwindle anymore.

Veteran Members: 51
Total Members: 94

How can I help BoC?

I've done an article on this before so to save myself writing whats been said already I'll lazily quote it below.

Banners, banners, BANNERS!
Banner placing is great way to draw in new members! Placing the attractive Covian colour cloth, with two torches, a rune & a book at each Moongate and town bank would really help after all every UO player has to use a bank and a moongate every now and then. You may also do them on popular roleplay spots on other shards like Catskills & Atlantic!

Recruitment Stalls!
You don't have to be a higher rank or even in the army to run one of these! Simply take some books and runes (and covian coloured cloth if you want) to a popular bank, and set up an army sign up stall!

Word of mouth.
A friend looking for a new guild? Mention BoC! Word of Mouth (or should it be word of text?) is probably the best recruitment method and most new recruits -are- got that way.

But spreading the word isn't the only thing BoC needs. The regular running of events is important as well as general in game activity, remember, activity breeds activity. If you're stuck on things to do when people are offline, or if you have no idea of events to lead check out Hoagie's Activity List.

Feel like a good read?

Like Sands through the hour glass -
It was grim indeed within the walls of the Barracks. The sounds of battle could be heard outside the walls. The defenders held on the second floor, and a force bellow held the dungeons, and the Grenadier's stockpile of explosives. It where the Dragoons who held the stairs of the second floor as the last of the guardsmen and a few of the citizenry scrambled indoors. The last two Dragoons on the stairs ordered the doors be barred behind them....
- Want to read more? Click here or you can find it in The Scribes Trove. Story by Marcys Kobra

When I get out -
Prior to his new dwelling in the Yewish prison, Dell was sentenced to a various of, in his mind, minor crimes; such as: public nudity, theft, abuse against several Covian guards, as well as a few allied foreign militia men, rudeness, drunkenness, stupidity, and largeness....
- Want to read more? Click here or you can find it in The Scribes Trove. Story by John Dell

From what I've seen ladies and gents Cove's ginger strumpet has been skipping duty recently due to a love triangle between two of the Grenadiers causing her hassle. One of the Grenadiers is said to be the newly promoted Captain. So this is why Eve and the Captain broke up, bad man! Bad man!

Also ladies and gents where has the Dragoon Corporal gone? According to my most reliable sources the Dragoon Sergeant lost his temper with her and shes since not returned.

Aside from fumbling with the Yewish Sergeant it seems Mrs.Valentine has got herself another boy toy.

And what has Raziel been teaching his children? From what I've seen one of his twins Mikael has been running around shamelessly with a peasant throwing eggs at everyone. And this is the heir of Cove!

Interview with a Command member
Due to the inactivity this month I have choosen to do a close interview with much loved Gregor Eason Ex Commander of the Covian Army. Please keep in mind that this information is OOC and should not at any point in time be taken IC unless your character has reason to know.

In Character Stuff:

Characters Fullname:
Gregor Frederick (Hehe! Frederick..) Eason

Characters Age: 60

Characters Highest rank or Social Status:
Commander, Covian Army

Characters Medals or awards:
Armsmaster Champion, Minoc Liberation and Kaldorian Line Campaign Merits.

Characters Family:
Happened upon by the wife of a respected Duke on a good will visit to an orphanage in Britain, the Eason family raised and educated Gregor. He has a younger sibling, Dashel.

Characters Closest friends (In BoC and out): Why:
Grief Dryfh Gry has long been a friend of Gregor. What began as something of a disrespect to authority later flourished into an uncanny friendship between a bald Nujel'm creature and a well reared officer of Britain. Grief was not the only bald menace to acquire something of Eason's friendship. Ahmed Al Maktoum also became a close ally of Gregor, and later became a pivotal element of the Baronship Command group.
And of course, something of a strained partnership, many times Gregor considered Lord Octiovus, Baron of Cove, his friend. Although due to Gregor's strict observation of authority, drilled into him as a Britannian Army officer, they never stood side by side; Gregor was always in following of the Baron.
Other friends, such as Delcarakdur, Khaelieth, Dellamona, Calico Kate, Kal ShadowHand, Jemmy the Rat, and Mela, who he later took on board as a daughter, also played a strong part in Gregor's social network in the Baronship.

Outside of Cove, Gregor has fond memories of the Knights Hospitaller. He saw Sir Kaelith Anar, one of the earlier leaders of the Knights, as a personal mentor. And became somewhat close to Lady Tabbitha..
Speaking more of uncanny friendships, despite vast wars and efforts against the forces of Kaldor, the then Commander Eason befriended Commander Cal Soulshadow whilst under interrogation in Strongholt, the Kaldorian city.

Characters Enemys (In and Out BoC): Why:
Inside the Covian community, Gregor Eason's eternal enemy has been Sir Hugo of the Church. Ever since Eason's attempt at ousting the Church from Cove and littering its enclave with ale, Sir Hugo has had his eyes on Gregor. There are no friends in the Church for the old Commander.
As well as being friend, she is just as much foe. Commander Cal Soulshadow has faced Gregor Eason in as many battles as friendly meetings!

Characters Love:
Gregor has become close to but a few ladies in his life; some old barchick.. (he forgets), Lady Tabbitha, and Commander Soulshadow.

Why did your character join the army/citizenship?:
Following active service in the Britannian Army, Eason sought out a quieter life. He met Baron Octiovus personally on a Covian recruitment campaign in Minoc, and joined. On return to Cove, they discovered it had been overrun by the Orc horde; and so began many months of exile for the Baron, and nothing of the quiet life Eason yearned.

Characters happiest moment(s):
Victories are always joyful for military leaders, particularly against such well conditioned and trained forces as the Army of Kaldor and the Guardsmen Militia of Yew.. of which there were some.
Perhaps seeing the sendoff the Covian Army gave him (The Commander's End; http://cove.fantasyworld.nl/forum/index.php/topic,2677.0.html), and then escaping the clutches of the Yew Militia by feigning his death, with the aid of Grief Dryfh Gry and Ahmed Al Maktoum.

Characters worst moment(s):
There have been some terrible losses for Eason. The dreaded hunt in Tokuno that left many "feeling slightly doomed". A battle with the Yew Militia where, despite the warning of Sergeant (at the time, I think..) Arc, he failed to guard the flank and saw the forces of the North decimated.

Has your character ever done anything against the Baron?:
Yes.

If so, what?:
... He planned an attempt on the Baron's life. (It was during one of the first Covian "Power Hour" events); http://cove.fantasyworld.nl/forum/index.php/topic,630.0.html

Has your character ever done anything against Cove?:
Oof, aye.

If so, what?:
Eason led a movement against the Church, urging citizens and guardsmen alike to come forward as "True Covians"; http://cove.fantasyworld.nl/forum/index.php/topic,3171.0.html

Whats the most shameful thing you're character has ever done?:
Attended a Boxing Tournament in a pink dress? Ho ho! No paintings for that one! (He hopes).

(GG Comment: Wanna bet? Shocked)

Whats the bravest?:
The movement against the Church was fairly bold. One would be quick to attach bravery to Eason's actions there, however! Perhaps general suicidal leading of the troops forward in the jungles against Kaldorian forces?

What do you have planned for you're character next?:
Who knows!? He's currently M.I.A.

Anything you want to add about your character:
Reason is Eason.. with an R. Coincidence?

Now, we know just about everything you want to tell about your character, but lets hear about the player! Of course any questions you do not feel comfortable answering leave blank.

Your Real Name:
Surya Matthew Chudamani Bajracharya. Whahahaha!!

Your Real Age:
22. Ugh..

Marital Status:
Single, ready to mingle.

If you're in a relationship or married how long for?:
I don't do relationships. They SUCK.

Your Occuption:
Pisshead. A.k.a. Student. I also work at Reflex in Newcastle under Lyme, Staffs ;d

Your job title:
Barman at Reflex. And at Keele University, studying Media and International Relations.

If your a student, what are you studying?:
Media and International Relations!!

Natural Hair Colour:
Dark brown, but I dye it black. Hardly makes a difference (but its subtle!).

Natural Eye Colour:
Brown.

Favourite Book:
I'm a big Feist guy. I'm a terrible reader now (hah, and I'm a student). But I'd say..I really enjoyed Rise Of A Merchant Prince. Who would have thought a book about a trader would be so exciting!!

Favourite Film:
Lost In Translation.

Favourite Food:
Indian! Mmmm..

Favourite Soft Drink:
Coke.. Grrrr.

Favourite Alcoholic Beverage:
I'm a Snakebite guy, but I like a Sax on the Beach!

Favourite Place:
I love Keele. And I really enjoyed Canada when I went there. Might be working abroad there this Summer.

Best Childhood memory(s):
Christmas Eve and Day were generally.. awesome. And the time around there too; I think I always enjoyed the magic of Christmas.

Worst childhood memory:
The confusing years when I came to realise my Father was dead. Everyone has their tragedies(s).

Closest Family Member to you (relationship wise, not distance): My cat (who passed away two years) was fairly damn close, but I get on well with my Momma. Hate my bro though.

Best Memory in General:
Getting laid for the first time? :O Also, tripping it through India. Perhaps seeing the Pure Pwnage premiere of Episode 10 IN Toronto Bloor Cinema. Having a pint with the stars hehehe (geeeek). Rugby Initiation was fairly kool. And some of my involvements with the Reserve Forces have been interesting (Bayonet Training ftw).

(GG Comment: You're so romantic Surya  Grin)

Most Embarrasing Memory:
Funnily enough NOT the Rugby Initiation where I was wearing a bikini and smelling of dogfood, flour, and puke in the Students Union. I'd probably say.. hmm.. fucking up on stage in a drama performance when I was younger. Screw ups on stage are not even embarrassing, they're.. destructive. I didn't touch acting for six years after that. Now I'm back and kicking ass; am in "Brothers", a play about the crimeworld of 1980s London - at Keele University mid November Wink

What do you have planned for the future?:
I intend to keep on board with drama, rugby, work, and my degree. After completing my BA I'd like to consider an MA. I saw this article for an MA in Global Security. How kool would that be?? I get to study Jack Bauer schizzle lol. Afterwards I need to pay off my student debt heh! And I'm probably going to join one of the armed forces; either Army or Navy. Screw the Air Force (unlike GRIEF! Pah!).

Ever plan on having children?:
Yeah, I'd love to be a Father. Good luck Raiden mate Wink

In general, who would you say is your hero?:
My Father. My Momma. My Cat. Jack Bauer.

From joining BoC have you made any close RL friends?: I get on very well with Grief. We kept up contact even though we've both moved away from the Guild. We're planning on meeting one day in Tokyo, in the bar where a lot of Lost In Translation is filmed (we both love the film!).
I've also met a lot of people in UO meets, Cal Soulshadow, some Covians here and there; and I regularly chat to Khaelieth and John Dell on MSN about general schizzle. I occasionally chat to the big man Oct also. And I met a girl at Keele through Jenifer Feather's network, so we're all together! ;d;d

Who?:
... Heh, I should have read the questions first.

What was your most enjoyable moment/event in BoC?: (if you have any screenshots, feel free to provide.)
I loved The Commander's End, and I'll let you check that out on the BoC website in the Household Archives section. I had planned it a fair bit in advance, and kept a lot of the story quiet, AND spent weeks making a flash movie for it. I was disappointed the Baron didn't attend, but it was still an awesome event. So many things magically went right (and wrong hehe). I remember this huge fight breaking out between Grd and us (which I'd planned on happening), but then A^K got involved too, and no one knew who was fighting who! Hahah! Jokes fo'sho.
On a totally different note, I also really enjoyed the Vesper Winter Ball. I think it was 2005. That was awesome. I was geniunely excited by the huge portal house they had created, and the dancefloor they had set up; thus, began my slow realisation that perhaps I had to get out more ;d

Do you ever plan on returning as an active member of Cove?:
Wink

Thank you very much to Surya for taking the time to fill this in, it was great to know more about you!

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2008, 11:51:49 am »

June 2008 ISSUE!!!

WAR!!!

That's right Covians, the dastardly Yewlanders are at it again and this time they have their lapdogs from Britain in tow.

The tyrannical Royalist forces not only launched a cowardly attack on the Cove barracks disguised as Vesperians they are also seeking to invade the free town of Minoc, to steal away the regions valuable resources.

Once again the armies of Cove and Vesper have united under the banner of FREEDOM to defend Minoc and resist Royalist attempts to occupy the region.

ALLIANCE WITH TRINSIC FLOURISHES

With diplomatic relations being restored some time ago by Grenadier Captain Raiden Morana and His Grace, Duke Irvyn the friendship between our two great cities has flourished despite the best efforts of outside forces to rock the happy boat.

Not long ago vile leaflets were posted around Trinsic renouncing the good Duke and the Duchy's alliance with Cove and more recently the King's Guards sought to incite Covians as they went about their business in Trinsic after a recent aid caravan.

After Cove and Trinsic have worked so hard to restore trade links and have supported eachother through the orc and undead invasion of Cove and the drinking water crisis in Trinsic it is hoped that the alliance will stand firm against outside influences that would see it fail... Watch this space.

THE RETURN OF THE AVATARIAN CHURCH!!!

The Churchies are back and from what I can gather they're causing a bit of a stir! Not only are they dragging anyone who has even looked at a wizard's hat away to be branded, they are skulking in the shadows watching guardsmen's every move, readying the noose and pyre as they do so.

<a href="http://cove.fantasyworld.nl/forum/index.php/topic,10544.0.html>And now they are recruiting! [/url]

NEW & RETURNING MEMBERS

Most Recent New Members: Owen Bostan, Mereth Daesar, Rupert Vreals, Adiana.
Returning Members: Darek Milako, Mischief/Sonja, Edmund Rufus, Mela Arkay & Demarian Tel'var.

Everyone please give them a warm welcome!

BOC's MYUO STANDING

Veteran Members: 50
Total Members: 101
Even as the population of Sosaria dwindles The Baronship Of Cove has once again established itself as the biggest, most active and of course the best Role Play guild on the Europa shard. HUZZAH!!!

So well done everyone! It's quite remarkable that we have broken the 100 member barrier once again! But remember that regular banner placements and recruitment stalls are required to keep membership up so that we can enjoy more fun events and intriguing plotlines.

WHAT CAN YOU DO!?

Whether a guardsman, civilian or churchie, whether alone or in a group there are many adventures that you can embark upon to keep you and your guildmates active and of course to have FUN!

Sergeant Hoagie has compiled a <a href="http://cove.fantasyworld.nl/forum/index.php/topic,6943.0.html>list of activities. [/url] that should keep us all busy!

MOM - Member Of The Month

As it's been quite a while since the last issue of the G.G. this month's award goes to a guardsman who has worked very hard since joining the Baronship a little while ago.

JUNIOR GUARDSMAN TAKEAMADA

This Gossip Goblin reporter took time out to catch up with this month's MoM.

Well done on being chosen as Member of the Month Takeamada. I guess it might have come as a bit of a shock?

Aye it has.  Still not as shocking as when I was awarded the Recruitment medal!!  Did not see that one coming at all!

Approximately how long have you been in BoC now?

I believe I moved to Cove on the 31st of March this year.  So I have been here 71 days as of today the 9th of June.

It seems you are racking up the promotions and awards lately too?

Well I’m just doing what any good Covian Solider would do!  The awards were unexpected.  The promotions on the other hand are up to me.  All you have to do is dig your heels in and do the required tasks!  So how slow or fast anyone is promoted is in their own hands for the most part.  You just have to want it, as I told Sergeant Hoagie, I may not become the youngest Sergeant in the army, but I plan to be the fast promoted to the rank!!!  Cause as we all know, its good not to be a meat shield!

Hear, hear!

We hope you have enjoyed your time so far? Is there anything in particular that you enjoy about BoC?

I think the biggest thing Cove has going for it, other than it fantastic folks, is that there is always something going on!  No matter time or day, and with the posting you can have a solo event and still be part of the team overall.  No other place I have been is like that, they are either lock step (everyone there at the same time doing the same thing) or it’s a free for all with no goals or objectives.  Cove offers a great balance in their operations.  My major enjoyments are the group actions (hunts, sentry duty and the like) and the interaction between members of the community.  When you see a gathering of Covian people they seem to gravitate to special little groups.  Watching them interact is fun! 

Command are continuously striving to make BoC fun for it's members, but are always open to suggestions and feedback, is there anything that you'd perhaps like to see in BoC?

O’ wow that’s a good question, I don’t know how much I am allowed to put here!!! * Grins * I would like to see a bit more formality within the army.  Such as how the formations are done, Drill commands and the like.  Its something I would not mind working on with suggestions.  I know being from a different background, my system might be a bit foreign to most, but it would make some of the thing we do look a bit sharper.  But that’s just me.

Sounds like Drill Corporal Carcer best watch out! *grins*

Is there anything else you'd like to say to our readers?

Yes there is, as an outsider coming from another land, Cove has made me feel more at home then any other place I have been.  Its people are the best asset the barony has, because of wonderful people like Sgt’s Hoagie & Sanderson, Cpl Eve.  For that matter the army as a whole!  You Lassies and Lads are just Grand and its because of you Cove is what it is today and for the future.  I thank you for all the guidance you have given me and made me a better person!

Thanks very much for taking the time to talk to us Takeamada and good luck with you future ventures in Cove!

This is the IC rumours section of the G.G.

Rumour around the taverns of the land is that a grand bagball league is to be drawn up. Does this mean the reforming of the Covian Cougars? One of the most feared teams in Sosaria.

Newly ennobled merchant and craftsman Amon Jarl seems to be spending a lot of time with pretty Burgher Axiana Masteen. Surely their quiet chats are about more than just business.

Speaking of miss Masteen, I hear she has opened a bakers stall at the Covian market next to the barracks. The Covian breakfast is back on the menu! Other merchants are peddling their wares next to the barracks too!

It's rumoured that the Church has carried out one burning already! This has coincided with the disappearance of an argumentative female arcanist. Did the Churchies kill two birds with one stone?

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2008, 08:04:04 pm »

July 2008 ISSUE!!!

THE AFTERMATH.

Although the attacks from the abyss on our fair town have slowed, the sickness and disease which they seem to have brought still runs riot. The healer's hut and new hospital are crammed with the sick with no cure in sight. The decision by Grenadier Captain Morana to blockade the docks and burn all corpses along with the crop fields seems to have contained the sickness thus far and regular foraging parties are being organised to feed the populace.

Perhaps it is time a cure was searched for?

NORTHERN ALLIANCE PUSHED BACK!

The freedom fighters of the Northern Alliance have been pushed out of Minoc by the Royalist forces. The King's Guard and Guardsman Militia have now been joined by the Skara Braens as Minoc once again falls under the Royalist yoke.

Brave Covian guardsmen encountered reinforcements from Britain and Skara Brae heading through Covian territory on their way to Minoc. Although the initial roadblock was breached our brave boys stuck to the task, counterattacking into Minoc itself slaying numerous Royalists without incurring a single casualty. Huzzah!

TAVERN BRAWL IN BRITAIN.

As our brave troops enjoyed a well earned night off they stumbled across what appeared to be a "speed dating" gathering of the Guardsman Militia and King's Guard in a Britannian tavern.

It appeared that Yewish sheep had got the night off too and Covian veterans, Raiden, Hoagie, Tiberius and Carcer wasted no time in pouring scorn on the Royalist "daters". However it seems the Yewlanders and Britanians lack a sense of humour and a brawl soon ensued. It also seems the Royalists have a lack of honour as many of their number drew weapons against the brave bare fisted Covians.

NEW & RETURNING MEMBERS

Most Recent New Members: Alt'air Haakon, Ynohtna, Steve Lev, Fable Lightblade, Aramis, Ada Bustenhalter, Eva Bustenhalter, Arkan Xenoth, Baolin & Tsukiyomi Mori.
Returning Members: Go-Hei & Cazzius Livius.

BOC's MYUO STANDING

Veteran Members: 53
Total Members: 99

The Baronship of Cove is still by far Europa's largest, most active and of course best roleplay guild. Let's get our membership back up over the 100 member mark! Don't forget regular recruitment will attract new players meaning more events and more fun for everyone.

WHAT CAN YOU DO!?

There's been plenty of events recently to keep us all busy, but remember you don't have to wait for an officer to be around to have some fun, Sergeant Hoagie has compiled a <a href="http://cove.fantasyworld.nl/forum/index.php/topic,6943.0.html>list of activities. [/url] that should keep us all busy!

WATCHMAN LUDWIK BLOODAXE

Congratulations on being chosen as this editions member of the month. Are you surprised?

Thanks, I am rather surprised because I forgot all about the member of the month award! Pleased to be awarded it.

How long have you been a member of BoC?

I think I joined in February so that will make it around 5 months I have been around for.

What events have you enjoyed most so far?

I tend to enjoy more unusual events that try to do something a little different from the norm so the cleaning I found interesting and I enjoyed leading my own events where I put my own twist of things like the slaughtering of the Yewian sheep. Although a good battle is very hard to turn down also!

What in general do you like most about the guild?

I think it's got a brilliant stable system in terms of command and promotion that is on the whole very impressive and the people in the guild make it interesting to play!

What plans does Ludwik have as he approaches the rank of Junior Guardsman?

He plans to join the scouts and hopefully inject some life and energy in to that section.

Although Covian Command members strive to keep everyone busy and provide a range of events for people to enjoy, is there anything you'd like to see more of?

Not really sure, perhaps encourage mentors with apprentices to create apprentice tasks like a couple do, they seem like a good idea, assign mentors quicker to recruits.

Do you have any closing words for our readers?

You never know who is watching from the shadows.

Indeed... *coughs* Thanks and congratulations once again to Watchman Bloodaxe.

There's been a reports of an outbreak of the plague in Yew. Has countless years of sheep bothering finally caught up with the Yewlanders? Lets hope so!

The citizens of Cove and Trinsic once again enjoyed a very fruitful market day. Even our great Baron Octiovus returned briefly from the colonies to visit. However it still seems that Royalist influences strive to destabilize the close friendship of Cove and Trinsic to suite their own ends.

At a recent church mass Father Siegfried and Sister Edith lectured the congregation on the dangers of partaking in the "black brew". Can't say I like Dwarven ale much either!

Speaking of Dwarves, reports suggest that Senior Tiberius did a spot of Dwarf tossing during the recent tavern brawl in Britain.

It's rumoured that the Church is once again on the look out for a woman, with wanted posters up all over town of the poor girl? Why can't they chat up their women in a tavern like the rest of us?

There's also been reports of Sergeant Sanderson wielding a sword and what's more a shield. Hasn't anyone told her those are men's weapons?

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2008, 07:34:58 pm »

July 2008 ISSUE!!!

DEFENDING OUR BORDERS.

The battle lines have been drawn and now the freedom fighters of the north war against the tyrannical Loyalist forces as they defend their hearth and homes. Sergeant Hoagie has done a fine job leading the Covian forces but will the overwhelming armies of Yew, Britain and Skara Brae annex our lands as they did with Minoc?

AID CARAVAN REACHES COVE!

A heavily escorted aid caravan set out from Trinsic across country to Cove carrying fresh food, water and supplies to the town's poor inhabitants. Grenadier Captain Morana led the Covian forces on this mission of mercy masterminded by Duke Irvyn of Trinsic. Cove has been stricken by disease and threatened by Loyalists and the Vanguard, so the healers in Cove town were overjoyed to see the caravan arrive safely.

A HERO RETURNS.

After a tip off from Gwen of the Trinsic Rose tavern, Grenadier Captain Morana rallied his men and headed into the depths of Ilshenar. Gwen had heard two adventurers talking of a captive Covian held in some cells near the Honesty region of Ilshenar and raced as fast as her legs could carry her to pass on the information to her friend the Captain.

The brave Covians battled through Jungles and swamps, against beasts of fire and the undead until they found the underground dungeon and the captive Covian. The poor wretch curled in a ball at the back of a cell was none other than Grenadier Sergeant Vince Valentine who had been presumed KIA for quite some time.

The Covians fought hard to bring their comrade home, no-one gets left behind! Though there are still more questions than answers over Sergeant Valentines disappearance, captivity and torture.

NEW & RETURNING MEMBERS

Most Recent New Members: Faryl Sutton, Jane, Kraelyn De Luca, Vaisal Richmond & Fiddrik Halfnote.
Returning Members: Vince Valentine, Olchafa Serpernt & Garak Nightchill.

BOC's MYUO STANDING

Veteran Members: 56
Total Members: 124

The Baronship of Cove is still by far Europa's largest, most active and of course best roleplay guild. Let's see if we can get our membership back up over the 150 member mark! Who knows, it may even mean the return of a disbanded squad!? Don't forget regular recruitment will attract new players meaning more events and more fun for everyone.

WHAT CAN YOU DO!?

There's been plenty of events recently to keep us all busy, but remember you don't have to wait for an officer to be around to have some fun, Sergeant Hoagie has compiled a <a href="http://cove.fantasyworld.nl/forum/index.php/topic,6943.0.html>list of activities. [/url] that should keep us all busy!

JUNIOR GUARDSMAN MARCUS KOBRA

Congratulations on being chosen as this editions member of the month. Are you surprised?

Well Aye. What in Avatar's Blessed Earth made ye choose me? I'm honoured!

Why your fine service to Cove of course! How long have you been a member of BoC now?

I've fought the Baron's enemies for nearly two years.

How have you enjoyed those two years in BoC?

Aye, even with the near dyin' and the near impossible odds! I've been amongst Legends since I got here! I've slew some of the most feircst in the world.... truly its been an experience!

As always we'd like to hear any thoughts and ideas you may have regarding the guild. Is there anything you'd like to see in BoC?

I nay suppose ye can bring back them Dragoons?  Be nice an all... Other than that I suppose we are doin jest fine! We need some games or sumthin.. The Covian Games! Aye!

Well I hear if recruitment goes well who knows what may happen? Do you have any final words for our readers Marcus?

Eh....  Keep on Covian it up!

Aumen to that! Thanks for taking the time to speak to our readers.

IMPORTANT NOTICES

The whispers tell of a new gang boss in town. No wonder there's been an increase in petty crime lately.

It seems that Father Siegfried has returned from his travels a Templar Preceptor no less! Will this mean more bible class and burnings?

Rumour has it that Covian guardsmen have been sighted acting shiftily at the Swaggers Inn.

There's talk too of  those of ill repute looking to push banned substances across the border from Vesper into Cove.

Is there yet more ill fortune to befall Cove. It seems a young lad was rescued from the shire after his kin had been attacked and devoured by undead.

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2008, 01:32:34 pm »

September 2008 ISSUE!!!

THE BARON RETURNS!!!

Our Baron and Liege Octiovus has returned for an extended stay from his sojourn in the colonies along with Commander Shadwell. The Baron's return was just in time to deliver an insightful address to the masses at the Britain Moot opening celebrations and many hope for the return to the golden age of Cove.

BRITAIN MOOT & BORDER WARS CEASEFIRE

A ceasefire to the Border Wars conflict was called as the warring factions descended on Britain to attend the Moot. A week of peace talks, games, fun and entertainment ended after much negotiating with the signing of the Minoc Accord bringing the war to an end.

Cove's western most border stabilising around the Altmere outpost with the rest of the province governed for the time being at least by the Loyalist Vassal Baron Fairholm and his blue skirted guards.

COVIAN GUARDSMEN SUSPECTS

Having seemingly been cleared, for the time being at least, of any part in the mill atrocity in Yew, Covian guardsmen Kas Valentine and Olchafa Serpernt may now face charges for business dealings with the wanted criminal Kiran of the Swaggers Inn who is thought to have been behind the mill attack and many other unsavoury incidents recently.

This reporter can also confirm that these same two guardsman along with an unidentified accomplice are also suspects in the murder of Reynard Destain, Cove's former bishop. Does this mean the woman known as Mischief is now in the clear or will the Church hound her still for the crime?

NEW & RETURNING MEMBERS

Most Recent New Members: Taybard Jackel, Michael Vandrik, Aeryn O'Niall, Lucius Daelin, Maximillian Gaius, Cailin O'Niall, Vandian Desguard, Erik Helbrass, Tryggur, Kiko Takeamura, Bryce Armstrong, Hugh Mercer, Tom Rook, Elena, Sharon.
Returning Members: Ingram Bloodrock & Arel Mortan.

It's great to see so many new characters in Cove! Everyone please give them a warm welcome!

BOC's MYUO STANDING

Veteran Members: 63
Total Members: 126

The Baronship of Cove is still by Europa's largest, most active and of course best roleplay guild. Let's see if we can get our membership back up over the 150 member mark! Who knows, it may even mean the return of a disbanded squad!? Don't forget regular recruitment will attract new players meaning more events and more fun for everyone.

WHAT CAN YOU DO!?

There's been plenty of events recently to keep us all busy, but remember you don't have to wait for an officer to be around to have some fun, Sergeant Hoagie has compiled a <a href="http://cove.fantasyworld.nl/forum/index.php/topic,6943.0.html>list of activities [/url] that should keep us all busy!

INTERVIEW WITH A COMMAND MEMBER - KELLY VALENTINE

What's your full name, rank and decorations? (being a lady I wont ask you your age)
Kellyen Valentine, Sergeant of Cove: The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross and the Covian Seal. (and she's 27, you cheeky bint.  Cheesy)

Your characters closest friends and why?
Vince Valentine (because he's her husband), Hoagie Grayner (Kelly, Hoagie and Mela just hit it off, I suppose? Mela and Kelly were the same sort of rank at the time and the only female guardsman, and Hoagie was just friendly). Kelly prefers to keep her distance from a lot of people nowadays, so she doesn't really have many. The only friend she has brought from Yew back in CoY is Tiberius. They were best friends for a long while, along with Ryan Greystone.

Your characters enemies if any?

She had a recent tizzy with Henry Lumbard, because he had some sort of personal grudge that she didn't agree with where he ended up arresting her. She also despises a lot of Yewians. Another hatred is for Jack Sinist. Her life has been joyous since he went away. She also hated her twin sister, Karen.

Any love interests?
Just Mr Vince Valentine! She's been smitten again since his return!

How long has Kelly been in BoC and how did she come about joining?
Kelly has been in the Baronship or around it since just after it began. I am good friends with Tiberius OOC and Kelly considers Tiberius her best friend IC. He persuaded me to join the first time around as a citizen. I lost interest (as I didn't know what direction to put Kelly in because she's an archer) and left briefly, then came back as a guardsman in 2005/6 I think.

What is Kelly's best moment in BoC?
She's had plenty. Sinist breaking both her legs was a classic though. She was hobbling around forever and a day on some "crutches" she'd had made for her.

Other good moments were the early days as a scout. Anyone who knows the scout days will know what I mean there.

And what was her worst moment?
Losing Vince Valentine! It was a disaster for her. Raiden and Mela came and broke it to her. She was absolutely distraught to find out he was dead.

How long have you been in Command and what made you apply?
I have been in Command for over a year now I reckon. I don't sit and count how many months. If anyone wants to know the details, go to my admin page and take a peek. It's been a while, though. I primarily applied because I'd just made it to Regular after an age and I had lots of spare time to help Cove out. I'd already ran tonnes of events and people were beginning to say that I should have a go at it. Myself, Regdar and Jack Sinist applied at the same time, which built the IC tension further because we were competing for the slot.

What's the best thing about being in the Command team?
All the enthusiasm when we're on a roll with ideas is really good. I like all the people IN Command, which helps a lot to work with them as a team. We're all different too, so that's great because we all have something different to say.

And the worst? If any? *grin*
The fact that sometimes I can be here all the time all day, and other days I can't even make it in-game. One of the Command requirements (for anyone interested) is that we have to run one event a week. Sometimes I run several, and sometimes I run none...

It's just the way of the world, and I hate that rule  Cheesy

Do you have any final words for our readers?

Yes! Don't be afraid to make your own roleplay... If one of the Command team is not there, don't hesitate to make something happen! There is nothing wrong with just standing about talking. Even if the rest of Command say different, I personally find that some of the best roleplay comes from being stood about. It escalates.

With the Church's ranks swelling with Wytch Hunters and Templi Initiates will there be a crusade in the offing? Work has even begun on a stronghold for the Church's military wing or so I hear.

This reporter can confirm that love is most certainly in the air around Cove!

At the recent banquet Axiana Masteen accepted Regular Grenadier Takeamada's proposal of marriage and Grenadier Sergeant Valentine and ermm.... Sergeant Sanderson Valentine renewed their marriage vows recently.

The Baron was also on the lookout for a prospective wife at the Moot in Britain and returning Guardswoman Arel Mortan, much changed in appearance although sounding much the same... or not, has an eye on one of her officers methinks.

Cove's Captain too has had a twinkle in his eyes recently and my sources tell me he has booked a table for two at the newly opened restaurant.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length