Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 10:23:26 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  Command Boards
| |-+  Archived boards
| | |-+  The Thieves' Council
| | | |-+  Thieves' Den (Moderator: Kiran)
| | | | |-+  The taxman.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: The taxman.  (Read 2691 times)
Kiran
Covian Legend

View Profile
« on: August 23, 2009, 02:28:41 pm »

Dear brothers.

I was spoken to yesterday by the Commander of the Covian army of the recent attacks within Cove upon the Goblin, and it seems finally the words have reached the top that I am the official Bailiff of Cove. Gentlemen it is time to act.

I want you to go out and tax the citizens of Cove individually or in teams, using my name or the Barons to ensure that the coins are given. A normal tax on a normal commoner goes from twenty five shilling to a hundred, depending and what they wear and such. Be aware however. You do not tax influential people, those you leave to me as they have to be treated with a certain... style. It is important to note aggresion is the last resort, if they hand over the coins willingly so be it, however if they should at any stage bad mouth the Baron, hell hath no fury like a worksman scorned.. Do with them as you please!

I will have uniforms made for the official tax collectors, make sure to inform me if you require a uniform, the deposit is at fifteen shillings, as I know how easy it is to "loose" them I think is a fair price. As it is a deposit you can request it back after leaving the tax collecting unit. It is important that you always use this uniform when dealing with tax.

*Thanks for supplying it Sabal, I won't ask whom you "spoke to" to get it done*

The reward is simple, you get to keep half of what you make, the rest goes into the tax box within the Goblin offices.

This is a ongoing task and I hope you all take advantage of the protection my name offers you as you are able to rob blind the commoners of Cove!

Good luck, my dears.

Kiran.
[/i]

Kas Valentine
Spellbook of Cove
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2009, 12:42:33 pm »

Dear old man,

I'm glad to see the wheels of our taxing enterprise are firmly in motion and shall visit you soon to retrieve a uniform. The glorious town of Cove is experiencing something of a renaissance at the moment so we are not short of souls to squeeze for coin. However, with the thirst for wealth as strong as it is among our little family perhaps it would be wise to keep track of who has been fleeced and how recently....?

I'd also like to suggest a hike in the taxable amount once we've completed our first week(s) of business. They may be commoners but as I mentioned earlier business is booming in this particular corner of Britannia, I trust we can rely upon inflation to reflect that.

Yours with anticipation,
KV.

Kiran
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2009, 04:06:41 pm »

A most interesting suggestion, Kas.

The book labeled "Heard it on the grapevine" Can be amplified into also including names of people whom been taxed, when they been taxed, and which ammount. It is true we do not wish to tax someone too often or it would grow suspicious. Currently all targets are free, as Spud Goodsoup has gone a week without a visit from us. My main targets currently are Penny, the Goblin and Hozlefree or such log company, feel free to work on my behalf and find these people.

I should hope we keep our taxes low currently, make sure people are aware is a legal process in which we work forth, if we are seen draining them dry they might complain, and our situation in Cove is not as stable as I would like to believe.

Good thinking Kas, I like to see the family using wit next to it's more base needs first.

Kiran.

Kiran
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2009, 12:18:32 am »

My dear brothers.

I am still to see any attempt of taxing citizens by any of you. Where do you think the crowns I pay you come from? I need you to be out there in the uniforms assigned taxing people, or atleast making lists of known "richer" citizens within Cove.

I want to see some more effort in this department my brothers. I can't be seen publicily being too rude or violent, but you can as you can use my name as protection and lie. Then they will file paperwork and I will go, thats odd, I shall look into it immidiately.

It isn't hard brothers. Help me help yourself.

Yours in need of aid.

Kiran.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length