Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 11:52:45 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  OOC Boards
| |-+  OOC Board (Moderators: Kelly Sanderson, Hoagie)
| | |-+  Ventrilo, Skype, etc.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Ventrilo, Skype, etc.  (Read 7544 times)
Celuvian
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

I bring the Haap..

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2011, 02:19:14 pm »

Well, Im not saying I totally agree with Su-mi, but his point is pretty clear. Ive never considered using vent in rp, but if there is a server for BoC and people start using it, I might listen in from time to time:)

And...I dont care about whiners, they are the problem usually, not what they whine about.
Park Su-mi
Miniature Maniac
Kiran's Gang
Covian Regular

Park Su-mi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2011, 08:54:18 am »

And...I dont care about whiners, they are the problem usually, not what they whine about.

Fucking spot on.

Alfred Bohr
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2011, 03:08:02 pm »

Not that voice chat doesn't have obvious benefits, but is there any way we could try to improve rp-ing in normal battle? Pointers for that sort of thing might be useful to us less experienced schmucks >.>

I hear Octi was particularly eloquent in battle whilst in character? It's kind of something I'd aspire to.

Granted, voice chat would be easier, but I do agree that the consequences to the levels of roleplay versus guild/party chat might be a bit dire as Su-mi mentioned.

On yet another note, obviously, for people who tend to play UO in rooms containing... erm... well, people who aren't playing UO, this would obviously be not a viable option. This might mean that people who don't have the freedom of a microphone and a free space would be left in the dust of those who're able to speak their intentions, or at the very least there would be some waiting around if opinions are to be heard and fairly judged.

But yes. Erm... also, if the IC voice chat were to be attempted, I'm not sure my voice would be believable as Alfred's OTL

Sorry >.>

*Signed neatly* Alfred Bohr, Guardsman Recruit
Park Su-mi
Miniature Maniac
Kiran's Gang
Covian Regular

Park Su-mi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2011, 09:32:34 am »

From playing WoW, I have to say that that almost certainly does happen.

Guild Chat starts to get ignored very quickly once everyone's laughing and giggling away on TS / Vent.

This might mean that people who don't have the freedom of a microphone and a free space would be left in the dust of those who're able to speak their intentions, or at the very least there would be some waiting around if opinions are to be heard and fairly judged.

You're inevitably going to end up a little 'cliquey' with the people who will voice. You can't necessarily criticise people for that, it's much easier to be personal and have some good banter over mic - I'd go so far as to say it's great for team bonding. People often get at each other's throats a bit less when they can hear a human voice instead of just words on a screen.

But, yeah, you're going to end up leaving those who can't participate (or are too shy to participate) behind.

Linaeus
Cove Command
Covian Legend

Not the Commander.

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2011, 09:50:14 am »

Not that voice chat doesn't have obvious benefits, but is there any way we could try to improve rp-ing in normal battle? Pointers for that sort of thing might be useful to us less experienced schmucks >.>

I hear Octi was particularly eloquent in battle whilst in character? It's kind of something I'd aspire to.

Eason and a few others are also known for mid-battle banter, but very few people manage to say much more than "Target ____!", what with the frantic, run-around-in-circles-screaming nature of PvP these days. If we could actually sit in a formation and slug it out things would be different, but as it is it's highly unlikely that anyone would actually still be on screen by the time you finished if you stopped to type something.

Last time I tried to type something mid-battle I ran into a pillar and the 12 Grd members behind me caught up. Tongue

Torrak: As far as I'm concerned, though, EA is just unauthorized modding BoC.
Celuvian
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

I bring the Haap..

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2011, 07:03:33 pm »

On another note, whats the chances to make running through people a breach of roe?* It would make formations useful. hehe, oh I do wish warring guilds had felucca rules:P

*obv a joke.
Park Su-mi
Miniature Maniac
Kiran's Gang
Covian Regular

Park Su-mi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2011, 01:47:11 pm »

Won't ever, ever happen.

Almost impossible to manage and will inevitably only lead to arguments about who ran through who. We've always asserted that issues like that should be enforces by individual guilds.

Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length