Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 08:40:06 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  OOC Boards
| |-+  Scribe's Trove (Moderator: Kelly Sanderson)
| | |-+  The Dark Figure..
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: The Dark Figure..  (Read 1616 times)
Lucas Drachen
The Covian Cannon
The Light Company
Covian Regular

Probably Dead

View Profile
« on: May 22, 2010, 11:58:43 am »

*Within The Graveyard in Cove*....

A dark figure clad in black robes strolls through the graveyard casually. He runs his hands across gravestones looking upon each name solemnly. The Shades and Zombies step back giving the figure a path to walk, As if showing respect. AS the figure enters a tomb a Lich turns to him with the remnants of a grin upon it's face.

"It has been man years Ri-" The Lich spoke but the man raised a hand.

"Do not speak my name...I did not come here for a chat" The figure spoke quickly.

"Then Why have you come here then eh..? I find it hard to believe it was on a whim?" The Lich spoke with what resembles a laugh.

"There are Dark magics afoot in this area Nedryl...Perhaps you know something of them?" The Figure spoke tilting his head at the Lich.

"Really....You think I am doing it? How foolish, I am not that powerful" The Lich retorted.

The Figure let out a small chuckle and strolled over to The Lich. His expression soon changed as he gripped The Lich by the neck and growled at him.

"I know it's not you...Someone is causing trouble around here and I was sent to find out WHO. Now you're an old creature and a coward by nature....So unless you want me to drain the Ectoplasm that holds your miserable corpse together...You're going to tell me what I know..." The figure released the Lich quickly.

"....I don't know who's responsible....Always very weird things going on out in those woods...Over the years many a cult or guardian worshipper has caused trouble... I can't even keep track anymore.." The Lich spoke, a hint of fear on it's voice.

"How many times has your body been destroyed now?" The Figure spoke picking a skull up off the floor.

"Too many to count  I suppose...Those Covians play rough..." The Lich said with a small laugh.

"You know, I know where your Phylactery is....So I hope you aren't lying to me about knowing nothing...." The Figure grinned beneath his hood as he dropped the skull to the ground.

The Lich frowned deeply at that statement. His hands tightened and what remained of it's lips quivered slightly as it spoke.

"I have not lied to you...My kind know better than to even try such a thing with you..." The Lich said as he turned.

"Then I will have to ask elsewhere...I shall report my findings to The Lycaeum....One more thing Nydrul...Stay out of trouble so I am not ordered to banish you.....You are an amusing conversationalist when you want to be..." The Figure spoke almost humorously

"Very Fu-" The Lich turned but the figure had vanished from the tomb.

"He never has gotten my name right...." The Lich spoke with a sigh as it shambled to sit in the corner.

.....Within Moonglow at The Lycaeum.

A Dark figure stands before an elaborately dressed mage wielding a staff.

"Were your inquisitions any success my pupil?" The Old mage spoke hopefully.

"Not as much as I had hoped Master, It would seem I may need to question The Covians themselves in the matter." The Figure spoke.

"The Covians are a tough bunch to attempt to speak with on any matter, I understand though this is your department...But if you go speak to them you may be endangering yourself." The Old mage furrowed his brow as he spoke.

"Better risking my life than anymore winding up dead there Master. We've given them enough distance all these years, I believe it may be time we offered our guidance to them." The figure spoke in reply.

The Mage leaned on his staff in thought before replying. "Perhaps this would be  a good time..The Avatarian church has been rather inactive in their duties lately, This may be an opening for you to arrange a meeting. If you would prefer I could send a letter to The Commander of their army."

The Figure rose from  kneeling and nodded to The Mage before speaking. "That would be best, Their town has no real knowledge on how to combat dark magic, Perhaps my advice could help them, And perhaps me being there we can also uncover the dark forces at work."

The Figure bowed respectfully and exited  the room. The Old mage strolled slowly over to a  writing desk in the corner and began writing a letter...

Hoagie: "Lobster battallion, chaaaarge!"
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length