Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 09:29:52 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  Command Boards
| |-+  Archived boards
| | |-+  The Thieves' Council
| | | |-+  Thieves' Den (Moderator: Kiran)
| | | | |-+  Sin of the game.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Sin of the game.  (Read 3329 times)
Kiran
Covian Legend

View Profile
« on: August 25, 2009, 04:19:19 pm »

*Report placed both at the Green Goblin offices and at the Swaggers inn Shelf in the office.*

Dear brothers.

Today at eight there will be at the moot a fight night, we shall be holding a betting booth and hopefully make a delightful profit from it. Currently Maccen is in charge, however as he is currently also on a mission from me I am not sure if he will make it back exactly on time, so I do urge you all to come to the fight and help us with the booth. Why we are doing it is for two obvious reasons.

Firstly, shillings to be made by the multitude of people attending with full pockets.

Secondly, the Mayor of Trinsic would look fondly upon this extra help at his difficult week arranging all these numerous... festivties, and what are we brothers if not helpful? Lets not answer that one.

How the stall will function.

The reason i want this done proftably is because I know Van, he used to be a brotherhoodian and I believe he can still be turned if we help him in a subtle manner, this is to say no cheating the customers at this stall as I would usually only agree heartidly with.

We give a 150% return, this is to say if person A fights person B, if the person gets it right who wins he gets from a 50 gold buy in, seventy five gold in return.

People are also welcome to bet on an overall champion, earning back a 500% earning, less so if it is a favorite, I expect you all to know who the better fighters in Sosaria are.

I hope I will see some of you there brothers, this will help also provide a base to which our shade deal shall operate. All whom attend will recieve three percent of all intakes for the evening, profit that is. Till then, brothers.

Kiran.

Garak Nightchill
The Light Company
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2009, 11:18:19 pm »

I ran the bets.  Alas, I instituted my own system of keeping back only a modest commission.  That, in addition to the lukewarm response, means we made a princely sum of... 200 gold. 

-KR
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 12:29:21 am by Garak Nightchill » Logged
Linaeus
Cove Command
Covian Legend

Not the Commander.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2009, 12:04:46 am »

There was also a bit of trouble with two men competing with us for Bets, as well as trying to convince the Duchy Guard that Kalam was working for the Collegium. I was forced to step in and claim I'd hired him for the Dead Man's Hand for the day to take bets at the Tournament, otherwise he was in danger of being carried off by the Guards.

- Swift

Torrak: As far as I'm concerned, though, EA is just unauthorized modding BoC.
Garak Nightchill
The Light Company
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2009, 12:06:43 am »

Aye, they did offer me 1000 coins to cease my efforts.  It would have been more profitable to have taken their money but it was worth it to foil their efforts. 

-KR
Maccen
The Huntsman
Citizen of Cove
Covian Regular

So... When am I getting paid?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2009, 08:22:03 am »

Appologies all, in my haste to get to the -new- location I tumbled down a flight of stairs. Glad to see a few coins where had. We'll operate more gambling at other events and see if we can not foil these others. I do not like sharing business, contact me to get some "evidence." I think dutchy guards will more than be pleased to have someone else to arrest after their previous failures.

*Signed*

MJK

Copyright Renee-Claude Dostie @ www.elfwood.com
Kiran
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2009, 03:26:57 pm »

Good work, my dears.

I shall make sure you are all rewarded.
The ammount was paultry, however it is not something which I shall take into account.

I spoke to the Mayor the day after and he seemed positively happy, this has opened up the chance of Mizuho trading normal goods with Trinsic. As I know this old pirate well, if we continue to aid him, I am sure we can get more then just ale into the cellars of the Goblin.

Kiran.

Kiran
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2009, 10:44:10 pm »

Twenty shillings awarded to Kalam for his running of the betting stall,
Ten for Geralt to give a helping hand.

Though we lost coin we still gained some merit with the Mayor of Trinsic.

Kiran

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length