Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 01:37:37 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  OOC Boards
| |-+  OOC Board (Moderators: Kelly Sanderson, Hoagie)
| | |-+  Cross Shard Recruitment
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Cross Shard Recruitment  (Read 1900 times)
Melody Songbird
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« on: July 03, 2009, 05:04:11 am »

Some of you may know me and some may not. I am originally from Atlantic and sometimes put in an appearance on Europa. My home is Atlantic and I have had some disappointing news from some of my fellow players there. I have sent ICQs to some of your leaders/former leaders. I don't know if they are still active or not.

Someone has been dropping recruit books at NewHaven and at many other moongates on Atlantic to try and recruit roleplayers from Atlantic. I am very disappointed. We have not done that on your shard as I am sure that I would have heard about it. And I hear that you are also hold recruiting fairs in NewHaven as well. It saddens me that someone would resort to such measures. We have always held the utmost respect for the Barony of Cove and some that have asked about better hours for Europeans I have sent to Cove. Many of your members were from Atlantic and they found you just fine without recruiting.

Please don't do this.

Thanks,
Melody Songbird
AKA Molly Kaldhel, Grand Duchess of Luna
Atlantic Shard
ARPC
http://www.atlanticcommunityboard.com/forum/index.php
Melody Songbird
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2009, 07:29:18 am »

I understand that we have a shard that gets picked for it's activity and sometimes it is used to recruit by other shards. It is sad but true.

I have spent the last hour talking to a rep of BoC and we have come up with what I consider a reasonable solution. I will be approaching the other 2 major guilds of Europa as well with these rules.

I commend your rep for working with me to find a solution we all can live with.

I have posted this on our site (ARPC) for the other GMs to see and approve.

Recruitment is allowed at all times at:
- The interiors and roofs of banks.
- New and Old Haven, as well as that entire island.
- In-person recruitment in New Haven.

Recruitment is allowed once a week at:
- Major hub towns like Luna, Britain, and Umbra - Moongates

Recruitment is banned outright in:
- Roleplayer towns.
- Outside of the central bank and moongate area of Luna.
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2009, 08:56:10 am »

Hello there Melody,

I certainly remember you. We were both recruits at around the same time if I remember correctly.

I'm glad that you and one of our Command members were able to reach what I think is a fair and reasonable solution. Cross shard recruitment is something that does and has always been practised by many guilds, not just those on Europa, for as long as I have been roleplaying and while it is down to an individual's personal choice whether to move shards or not as a GM I am sympathetic to your concerns.

I will also raise these concerns along with the compromise we have reached to the other Europa RP Community GM's in a bid to have them all abide by the guidelines we have agreed upon.

Raiden, Commander and GM of The Baronship Of Cove.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Linaeus
Cove Command
Covian Legend

Not the Commander.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2009, 09:50:44 am »

I'm glad we could reach a good compromise, and I look forward to dealing with you in the future! Dont be shy about swinging by on your BoC character now and then, though, eh?  Grin

Torrak: As far as I'm concerned, though, EA is just unauthorized modding BoC.
Erik Arkay/Evinyatar
Banned for profanity on command forums
Cove Command
Covian Legend

I worship Cabbage

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2009, 11:03:56 am »

For Molly: RK here Wink

I'm an old snatchee from Atlantic due to cross-shard recruitment. And like other who've made the switch, I was a happier player because of it.

There's no reason to subdevide the small playerbase of UO. We all 'compete' for the same players. If a certain shard or guild is luring players away I suggest you make your own guild/community more interesting and attractive. Or better yet, join ours Wink If a person joins another guild or shard it's because he hopes to find something there he lacks at the moment. Something to think about, not fret about Wink

But like the rep told you, it's another thing to advertise in roleplaying locations as it might be confusing or break the roleplaying atmosphere in the area.

Now let me hide back under my rock!  Kiss

Keane Wakefield
The Light Company
Covian Regular

Keane in Green

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2009, 06:38:53 am »

So what ever came of this? Just wondering.

Raven
Highlander
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Legend

The Highlander

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2009, 11:42:19 am »

Wow.

Does this mean that we can't cross-shard recruit? If so, this thread should probably be deleted and replaced with guidelines to avoid her post being seen as recruiting.

⚔ The Richter Crest ⚔ Order of Distinction ⚔ Border Wars ⚔ Trinsic Campaign ⚔ Vesper Civil War ⚔

[22:37] Hoagie: I think Raven would make a hot girl
[01:57] XxwarbringerxX: Raven would indeed make a hot chick.
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2009, 11:59:11 am »

I understand that we have a shard that gets picked for it's activity and sometimes it is used to recruit by other shards. It is sad but true.

I have spent the last hour talking to a rep of BoC and we have come up with what I consider a reasonable solution. I will be approaching the other 2 major guilds of Europa as well with these rules.

I commend your rep for working with me to find a solution we all can live with.

I have posted this on our site (ARPC) for the other GMs to see and approve.

Recruitment is allowed at all times at:
- The interiors and roofs of banks.
- New and Old Haven, as well as that entire island.
- In-person recruitment in New Haven.

Recruitment is allowed once a week at:
- Major hub towns like Luna, Britain, and Umbra - Moongates

Recruitment is banned outright in:
- Roleplayer towns.
- Outside of the central bank and moongate area of Luna.

There you go.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length