Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 08:15:01 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Watchman Trial: Falconheart [COMPLETE]
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Watchman Trial: Falconheart [COMPLETE]  (Read 5041 times)
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« on: May 10, 2007, 03:29:08 pm »

Falconheart's due his trials eh? Well he keeps his head down and works hard. The sooner he earns the Covian Cap the closer he'll be to wearing bronze I say!

Watchman Trial: Falconheart

Task One.

Lead a recruitment expedition to Britain. Set up a sentry post with recruitment stall near to the bank, from where you will distribute recruitment leaflets to passers by as well as placing recruitment banners at busy locations around the town.

At least 4 other guardsmen must attend.
The sentry post/recruitment stall must be manned for at least 20 mins.
No less than 8 banners must be placed about the town.

Task Two.

I hear you're pretty good with that bow of yours. Prove it! Head out alone to the dungeon Despise and slay 2 Ogre Lords, 2 Titans, 2 Cyclops & 2 Poison Elementals. Take sketches of each corpse to confirm the kill.

Task Three.

As a Junior Guardsman you will be expected to lead patrols, hunts and sentries. To prepare you for this lead a squad of at least 4 other guardsmen to the Orc Mines. Return with 1,000 Shadow Iron ingots which the Orc Brutes hoard there plus all the loot your party can carry.

Post a full report including sketches of each of these tasks below.

Good luck Watchman!

*signed*

Raiden, Grenadier Corporal.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 06:27:40 pm by Raiden Morana » Logged

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Falconheart
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Regular

Baron's own Grenadier

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2007, 06:16:10 am »

I will complete the tasks as quick as possible suh!

*signed* Falconheart Watchman in the Covian Army

I work at a place with 2400 MW's of pure power
Falconheart
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Regular

Baron's own Grenadier

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2007, 02:47:59 pm »

Watchman trial to complete Task number two

With your permission suh would I like to start with the second task as at the time I could find no other member of the Covian Army

I decided to start out with this task with slaying Titans and Cyclope...on my way there I encountered a huge ogre lord...So I switched plans...adapt and improvise I said to myself...didnt realize how much I was to improvise

How shocked was I! This Ogre Lord was litterally sweeping off my bolts!....all I could do was fire fire and fire my bolts...luckily I was prepared and was carrying 1000 bolts with me..Normally I carry 500 bolts and 500 arrows..thank the Avatar that I carried another additional 500 bolts

500 bolts later my arm was getting tired..thank the Avatar ...and of course our Senior Guardsmen *grins* for the training we get to strengthen ourselves!

when I reached 600 bolts...I was almost about to reach the state of despair...never have I have fought such an Ogre Lord!  Some foul wizadry must effect him

then finally after countless of hours...he just fell over, just like that!

That is when I discovered this be no normal Ogre Lord...He carried almost 4 times the amount of gold

The second Ogre Lord was almost routine compaired to the first...nothing to say about that except they both smell the same

almost boring....

With my glorious victory against this abnormal Ogre Lord and easy victory against his cousin I decided to hunt the Poison Elemental in Despise as ye said suh...I searched every inch of the dungeon.....no Poison Elemental...Well except for an unfortunate Acid Elemental

As after hours of searching I ask permission to slay this creature in another dungeon...I choose the dungeon Shame...so with highly motivated spirits I go to Shame...and yet get another lesson in humility...

After checking my gear such as armor, bandies, potions, bolts and arrows I encountered the first Poison Elemental
He was easy!...to easy

With this easy victory I met the second Poison Elemental head on

Well....after I was sleeping for some time I woke up  to complete my task...and to recieve another lesson in humility

Well after I *coughs* kind of sorted my gear I completed this task

After my lesson I was better prepared for the Titans and Cyclopes

Two Titans

and alas two Cyclope warriors

Well be this be actually my second task suh...I hope this abnormal large Ogre Lord will fit in to this task

*signed* Falconheart, Watchman (and inspiring grenadier)  in the Covian Army

« Last Edit: May 12, 2007, 05:22:49 am by Falconheart/Dah'Han » Logged

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2007, 02:55:38 pm »

*Raiden eyes the Watchman's report*

Hmmm.... Lotta big pictures but the tell the story.

Good start to your trials Falc' you have proved yer ability with a bow, no question there!

*Raiden reads down a little further*

What nay poisoned buggers in Despise... *coughs* Ahem! We musta driven 'em out on our last cleansing there.

Good initiative to head off ter Shame and get the task done.

Keep it up.

*signed*

« Last Edit: May 11, 2007, 05:36:59 pm by Raiden Morana » Logged

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Falconheart
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Regular

Baron's own Grenadier

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2007, 01:31:50 pm »

Watchman trial to complete Task number three

Guardsmen attending:

Raiden Morana, Grenadier Corporal ...my grenadier mentor who thought up this task...although I alterd it a bit *grins*

Eve, Junior Grenadier      Demarian Tel'var, Senior Guardsman     Hoagie, Dragoon Sergeant     Hrothgar, Sergeant         Mercy, Guardsman Recruit 

And...last but definately not least our most trusted commoner Maria Emms, Commoner...during my task I addresses her as a citizen...for here bravery and calmness even within the heat of battle...If I was in command...promotion as a citizen of Cove!
Well done girl! *smiles*

Well for my Watchman task I waited at the barracks for any member of the Covian Army to appear.....More then the required four did appear...but I was still missing a citizen who could smelt down for us the most precious ore, shadow iron!
A young girl with her *coughs* pack animal did appear. It was Maria Emms a commoner of Cove...As I did nay heard of her before I was a bit sceptical...She stamped with her feet and exclaimed, she well can smelt that type of ore...
I was sceptical of her abilities..Thank the Avatar I was wrong! Even during the most dire situation she stood ground and held herself! And again well done Maria!!!
Well after she came with her trusted "ahem" pack animal, I made it quite sure with our attending party that at all costs must she survive this quest...I made it quite clearly by pointing out a certain part of her body that everyone should consider his own!
And the last thing we want is for this body part of Maria to end up as a part of an Orcish buffet!

The guardsmen waved their weopons and spellbooks and vowed to defend Maria Emms.

The first part of our journey was basically getting Maria inside the Orcish Caves..so we can set up a headquarters or command post, firezone and operational base within the Orcish realm. We did it quite fast and effectivly..

Our next task was to secure a perimeter around the orcish forge so Maria can smelt the shadow iron we gave her..It wasnt that easy as we thought...But we did manage to secure a command post around the Orcish forge...In the meantime Maria was smelting and smelting...Meh thinks her hammer was hotter then the realm of Shadow Wyrms!

It was nay easy to secure this command post and one hell of a hot fire zone. And our little fragile Covian citizen Maria smelted and smelted

As our commoner Maria Emms...(make here citizen!) smelted; smelted and smelted the ore with her  hammer...the rest of us *grins* had to come up with the rescources...The largest and strongest of all Orcs!....How fitting they carry the ore the Covians most need!

After that we slowly reatreaed and carefully guarding Maria from the Orc mines..Well some of us in the heat of battle may have said a word to many *grins*

Until we finally reached our Covian homeland..

Many thanks to the guardsmen and women attending..and many many thanks to our Commoner Maria for getting us many of gold...eh cant remember how much meh thinks it was around 20000 gold pieces and 1020 ingots in shadow ore!

*signed* Falconheart, Watchman in the Covian Army

« Last Edit: May 25, 2007, 04:58:22 pm by Falconheart/Dah'Han » Logged

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2007, 08:00:58 pm »

Well led Falc'.

You did excellently to acquire over 1,000 shadow iron ingots for the stores and a hefty sum for the coffers too!

That Cap is so close ye can err... taste it! ...

*signed*

I also recommend that Maria Emms be awarded 50 Shillings for her assistance on this mission!

Eve Thenasa
Senior Guardsman
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

Mae na fordd i rhoi Wil i welly.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2007, 08:47:22 pm »

Well led and a nicely written report.   Just one task left to complete.

*signed*
Eve, Junior Grenadier
Falconheart
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Regular

Baron's own Grenadier

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2007, 06:09:05 pm »

Watchman trial to complete Task number one

"A sentry post with a recruiting stall in the city of Britain"

Guardsman leading: Falconheart,Watchman

Guardsmen attending:

Demarian Tel'var, Senior Guardsman     Ronas Xerad, Guardsman Recruit     Kelly, Scout Corporal    Kas Valentine, Regular Guardsman      John Dell, Regular Guardsman

For my originally number one Task I was to set up a what I called a "recruitment senty" in the city of Britain.
Our present senior gaurdsmen looked at first a bit puzzled of what I was planning. Well after I told them that our recruitment stall can pretty well turn into a sentry they agreed with me...So we finally reached Britain the home of the loyalists. Our recruit Ronas found himself in Vesper no Idea how he got there..but he and John Dell showed up a few moments later. John Dell worried me though. He didnt look very well matter of fact quite green around the face. I asked him what was wrong. He waggered of his hands lazily saying: "nothing!"

While the other guardsmen were building up our recruitment sentry or stall Gaurdsman Recruit Ronas and I where busy placing banners with leaflets around the busy locations in Britain. I emphasized to place them around banks naturally.
Locations at a crossroad, bridges, healers  and mage shops seemed also like a good spot to for placing banners

After placing the eight banners I decided to check on what was going on at our sentry erm stall. Well our senior Guardsmen with there experience set up a perfect sentry erm stall. They built the sentry stall in no time. Here it pays off the countless hours in conditioning the Covian soldier! Well hides are heavy...but nay a problem for our Guardsmen. What was also interesting was the fact a Vesperian appeared at our se....stall. At first we tried to recruit him in our Covian homeland. We didnt realize at first it was a Vesperian.
At first we promised him free good ale  of course and told him that the Covian women are the most beautiful women on this realm. He replied that he saw Covian women before and also gets free good ale and therefore refuses to join the Covian army.  I replied with "since when can Vesperians brew good ale"? Well as he seemed more interested in ale then nice, beautiful and charming women...I had to give him an answer.
Before I could give him a more important reason of joining our guild he suddenly was gone....Poor sod! *grins*... As everyone knows we not only have the best ale on this realm but also the most beautiful, charming, heartwarming, tender women on this void!
Well at times they can also kick some serious ass! And that very hard! Meh thinks this Vesperian would rather take the easy path with their women and pass out on an interesting meeting with our women Oh well some like it easy some like it interesting! *grins*

And one last  banner from our Guardsman Recruit, Ronas at our sentry ehh stall. If I was in command I would award 20 shillings to 'cruit Ronas for his enthusiasm in this recruitment event.
He placed many other banners which I unfortunately have no paintings of. Well a few minutes before I ordered the "stall" detail out of the city of Britain Scout Corporal, Kelly and  Regular Guardsman
John Dell had to leave a bit earlier. Kelly had an appointment set up earlier but John as I said earlier didnt look too well. I asked him what is wrong. He didnt want to tell at first then he told me he was having himself a beef steak in some Vesperian Tavern. Well it turned out that they didnt serve him an exclusive beef steak but rather *coughs* inferior meat of exceptionally bad quality consisting of an "Orc steak"!
It only took him one bite to find out naturally. But that one bit was enough! Hope ye survive this suh without any disabilities!
Well even with this handicap he still took part!. If I was in a commanding position 50 Shillings for John Dell!

Well didnt get any information of new recruits. As we did give out a countless number of leaflets and placed banners I hope this quest was succesful

*signed* Falconheart, Watchman in the Covian Army

« Last Edit: June 08, 2007, 05:54:27 am by Falconheart/Dah'Han » Logged

Jack Sinist (•̪●)
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Growing up hurts when you compare

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2007, 06:44:35 pm »

(OOC: Huzzah! Soon we have a new pair of arms for you!)

"Kyle! This is how the world works. If you want to find some quality friends you have to wade through all the dicks first."
Erik Arkay/Evinyatar
Banned for profanity on command forums
Cove Command
Covian Legend

I worship Cabbage

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2007, 06:01:11 pm »

Good work Falconheart!

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2007, 06:29:29 pm »

Grand job Falc'.

*Signed*

Raiden, Grenadier Sergeant

Ronas Xerad
Hotheaded Scout Recruit
Covian Guardsman
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2007, 07:35:01 pm »

Good Job man!

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length