Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 11:49:27 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  OOC Boards
| |-+  OOC Board (Moderators: Kelly Sanderson, Hoagie)
| | |-+  The New skills and the RoE [POLL]
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Poll
Question: Do you like the 3 new skills and would you like them accepted in the RoE?
YES! I cant wait to try it out!
Maybe, it sounds good.
I dont care!
NO! Lets keep things as they are! I dont like changes!
If you vote this option you are a fruitcake..

Author Topic: The New skills and the RoE [POLL]  (Read 3961 times)
Celuvian
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

I bring the Haap..

View Profile
« on: October 25, 2008, 08:58:11 pm »

So the new skills coming with Stygian Abyss....Mysticism,Imbueing and Throwing.

Have there been any discussion about this in CORE?

What are YOUR toughts about it....? http://www.uoherald.com/stygianabyss/gameoverview/skills/throwing.php
« Last Edit: October 26, 2008, 12:18:06 am by Celuvian » Logged
Delfer
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2008, 12:34:45 am »

I <3 Fruitcake.

The Adventures of Buttons: Forever Inappropriate

Del - " &^%$$#% Blues..."
Del - " &^%$$#% Bloranges..."
Graem Carcer
Watchman
Covian Veteran

"Parade, Parade Attention!"

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2008, 01:02:47 am »

It's too early to say without specifics; even the website only features one skill so far.

As for the Gargoyles, I doubt they will make an appearance in the community due to their horse-galloping speed, if not that, then for reasons of high fantasy.
Escaflowne -V-
Citizen of Cove
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2008, 01:49:14 am »

Their horse galloping speed will be triggerable i beleive.  Would be nice to see a gargoyal guild, may be quite cool

Linaeus
Cove Command
Covian Legend

Not the Commander.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2008, 04:11:57 am »

Mysticism and Throwing, perhaps. But imbuing seems a tad useless. Of course, certain Mysticism spells'll likely have to be restricted, and throwing will be..interesting...to work in with a character (boomerang warrior...RAAAARGH!).

Torrak: As far as I'm concerned, though, EA is just unauthorized modding BoC.
Kas Valentine
Spellbook of Cove
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2008, 04:36:37 am »

"We fear change"

I'm happy in my lickle boat as it is, I don't need any fancy bits, I'll always have energy bolt therefore I'm invincible. Oh oh oh and they all seem like they've been half inched from Wowsers as it is, so no thank you sir I do not want your lollipops or your puppies. Cheesy

Vince Valentine
Cove Command
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Carl Hammond - Detective

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2008, 05:25:05 am »

Haha!

Garth is spot on.

We DO fear change

Kiko
Citizen of Cove
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2008, 06:07:08 am »

It's my experience, that people, tend to end up with new toy syndrome. The new skills and race fall into that category as far as UO players are concerned. I think if there isn't some allowances made for them in the RP community, then several might end up taking time way from RP while they get the "new toy syndrome" out of their system. As for it fitting in with RP....why wouldn't it work? The new spells require necro regs, you can't tell me the church wouldn't have fun hunting down new witches! And people already RP dwarfs, why not something winged? *folds wings and hunches so as to walk through the human size door*

Personally, if you have to play in KR to get the new perks, I won't be getting them at all. If I can have the perks while playing 2d, I'm still going to wait for most everyone to get the new toy syndrome out of their system so they can offer me all kinds of tips from mistakes they made before I allow my new toy syndrome to overwhelm me!

Graem Carcer
Watchman
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2008, 09:43:09 am »

People have roleplayed gargoyles in the past; not too common but they have - Dwarves and Elves aren't so far fetched and whilst you might find them more prominent in high-fantasy guilds like Vesper, DoT etc, their appearance (at least as a game mechanic) is unheard of in guilds like BoC & Grd.

I can pretty much assume gargoyles will be a write-off for the two guilds above, and may only appear as special characters - In both cases, I think the churches will be pretty keen to get them swiftly executed!
Marcus Kobra
Regular Grenadier
Cove Command
Covian Legend

"Death is certain, When is up to your Medic."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2008, 11:25:19 am »

The only mechanic of actually havingthe Gargoyle rase vise simply RPing one is the winged flight paterns that I heard of. Flight over water would be nice. . but then shouldnt they also be able to fly over ALL obsticals?

*shrug* New race or not the imbue sounds retarded, the mysticism is going to open new reg markets (dragons blood, bone, and damon bone) Its going to fall by the wayside as Spellweaving did. And thrown weapons are really just archery or auto attack shurikens that nay require double clicketies.

I've little love for the idea and think its jsut another frivolous addon to a game that needs no more vomitus.

Cheers.

The Lord hath created medicines out of the earth; and he that is wise will not abhor them.
Khaelieth
Citizen of Cove
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2008, 11:36:06 am »

i reckon we should consider it when we've seen how it works in game. Back when chivalry was introduced, it was ridiculously overpowered.
Escaflowne -V-
Citizen of Cove
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2008, 09:43:58 pm »

Bring on Ophidians as a playable race! Ophidians rule!!!

Jack Sinist (•̪●)
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Growing up hurts when you compare

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2008, 09:00:08 am »

Sounds like great skills for RP. Magical item crafter in a community against magical items.

That throwing skill sounds cool though. They should add axe weapons to it.

"Kyle! This is how the world works. If you want to find some quality friends you have to wade through all the dicks first."
Takeamada
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

Death be for dishonor!!! Long Live the Baron!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2008, 06:46:31 pm »

Well I say! “Bah!”
Why are they adding new crap, when they have not fixed the stuff they have?  Its like buying a $200 junk car and putting a $1200 stereo in it!  Sounds great, does not run for shit! 

I say fix what we have before moving on!

Graem Carcer
Watchman
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2008, 07:39:38 pm »

Well I say! “Bah!”
Why are they adding new crap, when they have not fixed the stuff they have?  Its like buying a $200 junk car and putting a $1200 stereo in it!  Sounds great, does not run for shit! 

I say fix what we have before moving on!

At the end of the day, without sounding like a disgruntled player, companies are only interested in your money. They will hook players on content that will have been pushed to a release date and thus incomplete, the players this content draws in will cling on waiting for a fix for this pushed content only to find more content is being released to boost the sales and subscription life of the game, and the cycle continues - The publishers push for a release date to get the money whilst interest is still peaked, and as soon as they have your money they'll do what they need to do to keep you interested, rather than go back on old news that doesn't pay at all.

A bit like television. Adverts aren't there to insert a break between the programs, the programs are there to get the audience to sit down and hope that they sit through the adverts so that people buy what they see and those companies and keep on advertising with the channel - If anything, the PROGRAM you're watching is the advertisement, to entice viewers to sit through adverts. Sky One is a classic for this, their adverts are about 10 minutes long each interval - They'd happily show you an hour of adverts but no one wants to sit through that, so they throw on 15 minutes of whatever happens to be on hand to keep up your interest (and hope you'll want to stick around and not miss the next half) in order to get you to sit through the adverts.

But, that's business for you!
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length