Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 04:29:41 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  Command Boards
| |-+  Archived boards
| | |-+  The Thieves' Council
| | | |-+  Thieves' Den (Moderator: Kiran)
| | | | |-+  A notice of concern. {Task}
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: A notice of concern. {Task}  (Read 6924 times)
Kiran
Covian Legend

View Profile
« on: October 07, 2009, 07:21:42 pm »

Greetings, brothers.

As you are all aware, our old and upstanding member of the brotherhood, Olchafa, has been removed from the squad due to involvement with myself. Now, our only problem is if they can be seen to play with us as they please without repercussions they are sorely mistaken! I am not talking of violence however my brothers, I am talking of the written work.

Your task is for twenty shillings, more if I deem the letter or notice to be beyond standard, is to speak of the unfairness when you heard of Olchafa's dismissal from Olchafa himself, as he spoke to you in a drunken upset state! Points to remember in your letter.

1. Speak of Aliryl and her paranoia!
2. Mention how dismissing someone from a unit for being a taxman is a personal insult to the Baron of Cove.
3. Attempt not to use my name often, I want this scout corporal to accuse you of being brotherhoodians due to your letter.
4. Reason 3 is due to my next plan which you will enjoy...
5. Letter has to be a public one, like a notice or such.

I hope you all understand your task, this is for all brotherhoodians to do, excepting Olchafa and myself of course.

Good luck my dears.

Kiran.

Maccen
The Huntsman
Citizen of Cove
Covian Regular

So... When am I getting paid?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 08:14:34 pm »

*Posted on doors, trees, notice boards, and small animals*

I MACCEN KORTEN DRAW YOUR ATTENTION TO AN ELF, AN ELF WOMAN NO LESS!! AN ELF WOMAN WHOSE GROWING PARANOIA AND REBELLIOUS NATURE HAVE CAUSED A MAN HIS POSITION AND COMPROMISED HIS GOOD NAME! I ASK YOU IS THIS FAIR!? THAT DELUSIONS AND PARANOIA, FROM  SOMEONE OF QUESTIONABLE ETHICS AND MOTIVES SHOULD BE ABLE TO COST A MAN SUCH A BLOW!? SHE HATH SPOKE OUT ABOUT THE BARON'S TAX, SHAMEFUL IN FORSAKING HER DUTIES!! POOR OLCHAFA SERPERNT, SHAMED THIS WAY AND DRIVEN TO DRINK! THE HUMANITY, THE INHUMANITY, A HUMAN MALE SHAMED BY AN ELF FEMALE!? I SPEAK OF ALIRYL TREFNWYD, ELF SNEAK, FORSAKER OF DUTIES, SHAMER OF MEN!! FINALLY SHE HAS GONE TOO FAR!! SHE STOMPS ON AND SPITS ON THE BARON NAME BY CONSPIRING TO SHAME AND BESMIRK THE GOOD NAMES OF TAXMEN STARTING WITH A MAN CLOSE TO HER AND HER COUNCILS! I ASK YE IS THIS FAIR!? NO!! THE TRAPPINGS OF POWER HAVE CONSUMED HER!! BEFORE LONG SHE WILL HAVE ALL OF US ARRESTED! UNDER WHAT CHARGES?? SUSPICION OF AVATARIANISM!?  ELF SNEAK AND SCHEMER I NAME HER!! CITIZENS BEWARE!!

So Boss, What ye Think? Anything Aught be Changed? If Not I shall have more printed and posted right away!

MJK

Copyright Renee-Claude Dostie @ www.elfwood.com
Kiran
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2009, 08:58:36 pm »

Quite the... notice my boy, I would reccomend making it not in all capitals, makes you seem rather fanatical and not a concerned citizen with it... otherwise a splendid notice, when it is placed around I shall have your shillings ready for you.

Kiran.

Garak Nightchill
The Light Company
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2009, 02:56:21 am »

Boss,

I've prepared two posters and distributed them beneath Brother Maccen's.  The first is in support of Aliryl, hinting at her support and involvement in the elf rebellion.  The second is in defiance of her. 

At last! 

The Elven Liberation Front has a Champion!  All hail Scout Corporal Aliryl Trefenwyd and her bold strike against the elf-hating Baron Octiovus and his vile band of thuggish taxmen!  Already she has had one taxman named, shamed and cast out!  Death to Olchafa "Miller's bane" Serpernt!  Death to Octiovus "Elf-Crusher" Von Richter!  Down with the Church!  Equality for elves!  Arise and join us, arcanist brothers!  No more taxes!  Mourn for King Casca!  Trefenwyd leads and the E.L.F follows!

An elf of the E.L.F

*Second poster*

Von Richter for Victory!  Death and damnation to the elves.  Arise, all good Avatar-fearing men and women, and stand firm against this elven rebellion against lawful taxes.  The elves have taken over the Light Company, throwing out good, honest men in favour of sneaking, deceitful elves.  What do they need large, pointed ears for anyway?  Why, to spy on you and yours! 

Do you think you're alone, talking with your wife?  You're not.  Elven eyes and elven ears are watching and listening to all.  Skulking Guardian-spawned faeries looking to steal your hard-earned shillings.  But be not of faint heart, for...

COVE PREVAILS![/i]
Kiran
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2009, 03:09:38 am »

Wonderful work brothers. I have twenty shillings awaiting both of you.

I have even gone so far to recruit people outside our brotherhood to cancel out this womans responses, it should be quite a delight to see what she says when people not known to be members of our unit to write...

Also in the proccess I am hoping to get Edward too far in for him to escape... he shall make a fine addition to the brotherhood..

Kiran.

Adrian Harrowell
Citizen of Cove
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2009, 08:00:31 pm »

Citizens of the Avatar! Heed these written words!

Too long as the vermin known as ALIRYL TREFNWYD spread lies and incited unrest within our fair city! She has proceeded to slander the name of a righteous and long standing soldier, known as "Chaffers" whom you all know! What has Cove come to when an elven female can discredit a good Avatarian man like our dear "Chaffers"?! Surely this guardian spawn has overstepped her boundaries this time brothers and sisters of the Church! We call upon thee all to chastise this vermin as every word that escapes her forked tongue spreads with it lies and more deciet! Chastise every Elf you see! This city has become breeding ground for Guardian scum! How long before they undermine the authority of our Beloved Church with their vast numbers and violent ways?!

Stand up against this new Elven Scourge and let Cove remain a solid bastion of the Avatar once more!

-K-

Kiran
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2009, 08:02:21 pm »

Delightful read, Kadere.

I shall have your twenty shilling await you next we meet...

Kiran.

Jackal Verilax
Kiran's Gang
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2009, 01:52:04 am »

Brothers and sisters, I have nay been a resident of Cove for long, but I have good friends here, people I've known for years.  Although I do nay know Olchafa personally, I have known him to be a well respected and relevant man to Cove.  It is, then, that I must show my utmost disgust at the treatment of this man at the cause of paranoia, namely from the elf Aliryl.  Her actions have pushed our good man to the drink, and that is a sorry state indeed.

Currency does not grow on trees, all towns have their taxes; it is a necessary procedure to keep the economy running like clockwork.  Why, then, is this good, decent man being persecuted for this perfectly normal position?  The elf is insulting us and the good baron by stripping a well respected member of the community of their job, who's only concern is to keep the town running smoothly.

Now, I have nothing against elf folk in general, infact I'm all for diversity in community.  However, Cove is Cove, and should always remain that way.  Do we want Cove to slowly transform into Transic?  Absolutely not.  Let us cast out this meddlesome fracture to our town, and reinstate the good Olchafa.

Jackal Verilax.
Edward
Covian Guardsman
Covian Citizen

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2009, 06:39:23 am »

To whomever it may concern.

My name is Edward, I am only a new recruit within the fine town of Cove, and already the dreams of becoming a soldier has turned to a golden reality, but this reality was created only to me through harsh and repetetive training through my harsh but fair mentor. I have seen the letters and posters placed around and I must say I am myself curious to my mentors charges, all I have learned, all that I am, comes straight from this man who has now turned to a life of drinking as the army seems to have neglected him as he now will neglect his duties.... I am not here to demand or ask of anything for myself, only that perhaps someone without a biased view could look into the allegations against my mentor. As of now I am told I can't be his student anymore, as I am hoping to become a scout, and they will not have someone like him in the ranks...

I don't agree with what other people have written regarding the Corporal, as I know she is a fine and outstanding soldier, however I do worry that these charges against my mentor has been a false move perhaps not just on her behalf, but whomever has given her this information? Perhaps she chose to act irationally, I do understand the stress which comes with higher ranks... I am not here to tell people either how they should work, you are all wiser and more superior in knowledge to the circumstances then myself, but from where I am sitting, as well as the other ranks, it seems like Olchafa has been charged without evidence, proof or the decency of trial.. We are speaking of some kind of conspiracy charges here. I have known my mentor only for some months now, but a man whom works in illegal practises? I am sure he might have once or twice had a sly drink on duty, or tried to avoid some paperwork, but that is punishable by fines and the whip, not taking a mans dignity away in such a brutal and extreme manner...

I am now currently sat writing this letter, not knowing exaclty either where my position as his student is, I have been asked to seek a new mentor, however I was taught from him that loyalty is above any other quality in a soldier of Cove. How can I stand by idle while a man of such high standing and long service record is made into a hollow figure of what his past self was? This is the man who trained me, the fat mistake, into a man who can operate a crossbow in a combat envieroment, who has given me the courage to lead men on small patrols and trainings, who made me feel I belonged in Cove.  I hope this letter does not fall on hollow ears, I do understand however I am merely a recruit and I should send this to a Regular or some such, however I feel strongly enough about this that I am willing to risk sending this letter to the offices.

Thank you for atleast taking the time to read my letter, I know it is not very Covian to beg, but I do beg, for the evidence supposedly to be shown, to be actually shown, so Olchafa can clear his name, stop his drinking, and once more become a proud soldier of Cove and my mentor once more.

Yours in a humble letter.

Edward, Guardsman recruit.
Student of Olchafa Serpernt

Boss,

This is a copy of a letter I have send to the offices in the Barracks, I hope it meets with what you expected, I thought I take away some of the sting and replace it with a bit of sorrow...

It also seems our outstanding theme is the idea that Olchafa is drinking. We do need to make sure he is seen doing so perhaps soon...

Just a thought, boss.

*Signed*
Edward

Kiran
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2009, 04:44:19 pm »

Twenty shillings towards Jackal for his poster, maybe short, but it is signed, makes a statement to be certain.
Edward, I need to know if anyone responded to your letter for more shillings to be awarded. Twenty shillings for now however too.

Good work my family.

Kiran.

Edward
Covian Guardsman
Covian Citizen

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2009, 06:25:17 pm »

*finds the letter and decided to reply by placing the letter on the door of the office.*

It is not for Recruits, Watchmen or any other Guardsman to question the actions of Officers who have to make decisions to safeguard others.  I do not find I need to explain myself to those who are not involved.  Kindly desist from adding to further paperwork of the officers by sending any letters regarding the Olchafa situation.

*signed*

Aliry Trefynwyd
Scout Corporal.

Boss.

This was the only reply to my letter.
Kiran
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2009, 04:44:28 pm »

Noted, brother, there will be another ten shillings in it for you. Seems she is getting agitated.

Kiran.

Ocean
Criminal
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2009, 07:08:01 pm »

Here is a copy of the notice I scribed and left outside the Army Barracks:

*This large note has been written rather shakily and dropped outside the Covian Barracks*

To whomever it may concern,

A few eve’s ago, my eyes happened to fall upon a man in the tavern. He looked extremely unhappy, and exceedingly drunk. This would not alarm me, unless I had heard of his circumstance, which I unfortunately have.

Thrown from his squad with no reason nor cause? Who would do such a thing? There has been no evidence created or revealed to show anyone that this man is less worthy than any other being for belonging to the Light Company! I am not amused, as this man is surely not, also. I am aware that many notes have been strewn about the place regarding this matter, but I must say that he is still looking mighty depressed and the gossip is still larger than life.

I do not know who committed this deed, but I shall have plenty to say to them, whoever it may have been. Preposterous. I regret having to tend to a fellow so down and out of spirits. Let the man be a shadow stalker again, I say! Being a taxman is nay illegal, and conveying it is surely an attack on the Baron himself? Perhaps this has been a large mistake which was the result of particular individual’s excessive paranoia? We shall not know until we are given evidence!

*Signed in small and scruffy lettering*
-A Fellow Covian.

[OOC: Please may I just remind people that this letter is not signed, therefore no-one would have a clue who has written it. Also, these notes on this matter are not a personal attack on any play froman OOC perspective. /OOC]

*Signed again on this version of the note, equally as scruffy*
-Ocean

Kiran
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2009, 04:57:04 pm »

Good work, Sally, very delightful to see you back once more.

Twenty shillings are for you to be had next time you see me.

Kiran.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length