Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 11:44:09 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  The Baron's Scepter!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: The Baron's Scepter!  (Read 2073 times)
Eve Thenasa
Senior Guardsman
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

Mae na fordd i rhoi Wil i welly.

View Profile
« on: July 22, 2007, 09:49:45 pm »

The Baron's Scepter (Part 1)

Guardsmen/Women in attendance:-
~*~ Hoagie, Dragoon Sergeant
~*~ Kal, Regular Scout
~*~ Regdar, Junior Grenadier
~*~ Jakob, Junior Guardsman
~*~ Eve, Officer Cadet (Leading)

The Baron's Golden Scepter (a very ancient and valuable heirloom, that has been passed down through the generations of the Richter family), has been stolen.

My recent travels in Sosaria have revealed no indication of it's whereabouts, or whom is responsible.  However, one thing we do know is that a number of other Artifacts and Treasures have also been stolen, from other Villages and Townes!

An elf, known as Delinthran, whom is said to hold a great deal of interest in Artifacts and Treasures, was our only lead!  He was exiled from the Elven City, for reasons unknown, and said to reside in the Sanctuary.

From Britain Moongate, I led the Guardsmen to the entrance of tunnels leading to the Sanctuary.  As soon as we entered we encountered a changeling, whom as it changed, caused much confusion amongst us before it fell.

I had heard of Ratman caves that travelled below the tunnels, and since our numbers were not great, I felt it wise to discover a way into them, rather than to face much more of the perils that lay within the tunnels we were now in.  We did indeed discover rope ladders that took us below.  But the peril was not over...

The Ratmen's Caves were perilous, not because of the Ratmen, but because of the traps that lay dormant waiting for the unsuspecting travellers before springing into action! 

But then we are Covians after all, and narrowly avoided becoming part of a Ratman's diet.

Upon arriving at the Sanctuary, I was amazed to see a small self sufficient settlement of Elves, whom did not look surprised to see us.  After asking several of them for the one known as Delinthran, I was pointed in the direction of piece of parchment...

We left in fury...

Gold collected 18718

*signed*
Eve, Officer Cadet
« Last Edit: July 22, 2007, 10:05:47 pm by Eve » Logged
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2007, 09:58:06 pm »

Good work lass!

We'll track down this swine and return the scepter to it's rightful owner, our Liege.

*signed*

Raiden, Grenadier Sergeant.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Eve Thenasa
Senior Guardsman
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2007, 09:24:15 pm »

Part 2 - Janas

*Written in Raiden's handwriting is the following*

Guardsmen/women in attendance:-
~*~ Raiden, Grenadier Sergeant
~*~ Arma, Commodore
~*~ Zoie, Dragoon Officer Cadet
~*~ Tyrael, Junior Grenadier
~*~ Lara, Recruit
~*~ Eve, Officer Cadet (Led)

Member of the Church:-
~*~ Duncan, Inquisitor

Eve informed us that she had discovered the last known whereabouts of Janas the Mage.  Arma waited for us at the Navy Headquarters, with a boat that was still under construction ready to sail.  Our destination was that of Serpents Hold!  The boat journey was long, but thankfully nearly all of our stomachs remained full. *Recalls Lara throwing up over the side of the boat*.

Eve led us into Fire Dungeon, to the location of the Mages! 

Archmages and Wizard Lords appeared from apparently no-where, we were fast to bring them down.  She led us into a chamber area, where she saw a mist forming in the corner of the room.  I squinted in the dark to see it.  But then...Eve began to shake uncontrollably, her eyes began to roll until all we could see were the whites of them.  She became still and spoke, but it was not her voice we heard....

Whatever was in possession of her, called himself Lantax Lord of the Mists.  He spoke through her demanding to know who we were and why we had come.  Upon me mentioning the name Janas, he laughed and said that Janas was no-longer with them, but that he knew where he was.   

I looked to our inquisitor for help, perhaps he could exorcise her, or something?  But it was of no use.  There was nothing we could do!

Lantax told us that if we procure a piece of black rock and return it to him, he would spare Eve's life and tell us where this Janas is, but to kill him would mean the death of her and no chance of knowing Janas' whereabouts.  Eve vanished.  I dismissed the men once we left the dungeon. I needed to be alone.

*signed*
Raiden, Grenadier Sergeant
« Last Edit: July 26, 2007, 10:54:13 pm by Eve » Logged
Zoie Hayden
Dragoon
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2007, 08:44:49 pm »

Part 3 - Rescue of Eve

Guardsmen in attendance:
- Zoie Hayden, Dragoon Officer Cadet
- Hoagie, Dragoon Sergeant
- Sean Greyson, Watchman
- Raiden Morana, Grenadier Sergeant
- Eve, Grenadier Officer Cadet
- John Dell, Regular Guardsman
- Olchafa Serpernt, Regular Scout
- Jakob D'Stoke, Junior Guardsman
- Amelia Cane, Guardsman Recruit
- Vreya, Guardsman Recruit
- Lara Stevens, Guardsman Recruit

I had planned the rescue of Eve from the clutches of Lantax for Saturday evening, however as the day arrived, I'd still not found the vital piece of black rock that was required to buy her freedom. Not only that, but I had little useful information on where exactly to get such a thing. I stood outside the barracks deep in thought, concerned that I might fail my task and be unable to find this black rock, thus killing Eve.

It was then the now Citizen Jacob walked past and we exchanged pleasantries and he was about to carry on with his business, when I thought I'd ask him if he'd ever heard of black rock. Not expecting much, he surprised me by knowing quite a bit about the substance and told me it was obviously something that was quite rare and usually obtained from mining.

When I questioned him about whether he knew any miners who might have found such an elusive material, he revealed that he himself had a piece of the stuff stashed away. He'd kept it from a mining trip ages back, but never knew it's worth or use. Excited, I asked him if, for a price, he'd be willing to part with it in order to save Eve's life. Being a true Covian citizen, he fetched the black rock (contained in a box as it is dangerous when exposed), and gave it to me freely.

I thanked him and immediately began preparations for the evening's rescue.

When the hour of meeting came, every available guardsman lined up, and we ended up with a good force of 11. So then we marched to the moongate to take us to Serpent's Hold which was near the cave where Eve was taken last week. With Recruit Vreya's help, we made it to the stinking city and immediately marched on to the dungeon.

Before entering, I briefed the guardsmen on the task ahead and snuck a peek inside to make sure the way forward was clear. I then ordered everyone to follow me closely, and as we marched through the dank cave with arms ready, I tried to remember the way from the week before. We eventually made it to a familiar looking stone wall surrounding a metal door. We streamed through the door and I brought the guardsmen straight to the little room where Eve was taken.

Sure enough, as soon as we entered, the sinister mists began to swirl and form and suddenly Eve was standing before us! She was still obviously possessed by Lantax so I immediately began speaking to the evil mage. I gave him the box with the black rock inside, and it seemed to satisfy him because he began telling the story of how Janas was betrayed and killed by four controllers. And it is those controllers who now hold the artifacts we seek, especially the Baron's sceptre.

After his piece was spoken, Lantax kept his word and released Eve who, although dazed, seemed in good health and didn't remember anything of what happened to her. Hearing some commotion elsewhere in the stone structure, I immediately ordered everyone out to retreat back to Cove. Using Vreya's gate once we were outside, we made it home with no injuries and Eve in tow.

Now it seems the task it to locate these four controllers...

*Signed*
Zoie Hayden, Dragoon Officer Cadet

Eve Thenasa
Senior Guardsman
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2007, 09:33:53 pm »

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: