Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 07:26:53 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  OOC Boards
| |-+  OOC Board (Moderators: Kelly Sanderson, Hoagie)
| | |-+  A squeler or not?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: A squeler or not?  (Read 3595 times)
Jack Sinist (•̪●)
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Growing up hurts when you compare

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2007, 11:39:34 am »

Haha. That's like running horse ploughs when there are tractors, Amelia Tongue

"Kyle! This is how the world works. If you want to find some quality friends you have to wade through all the dicks first."
Drachir
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Cutlass-wielding pirate-scout!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2007, 12:50:51 pm »

If you see someone beating a golem, always! But don't report the old school ones training on NPC fighters and paladins!

IMHO, I don't think there's anything wrong with using a Golem. I've used a golem before to train combat skills quickly, because combat skill training can be tedious.

My way of looking at it, is if they don't reply when you ask them a question such as,
"What colour is my body sash?" Or if they answer with an automated response such as 'Yes' or 'Hi', then that's when I'd page a Gm..

If they're just bashin' a Golem whilst at the keyboard, I think that's perfectly fine.

(reason why asking them a question is good is 'cause loads of BOTS have an automated response when text enters the screen.)

qom_riyadh
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2007, 02:12:09 pm »

I was using EasyUO to help with carpentry. I've gained about 2-3 full points with it only, and I stopped. Not because of some game 'ethics' but because it's terribly boring.

Generally speaking I won't report someone macroing, unless it's clearly unattended.

What I totally don't care about is if someone uses macros to speed up certain non-skill dependant things, like for example turning wool into thread and then into cloth. It's boring as hell. (Yes, I use a macro for it Tongue )
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length