Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 06:56:47 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  OOC Boards
| |-+  Scribe's Trove (Moderator: Kelly Sanderson)
| | |-+  Rag Doll
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Rag Doll  (Read 1706 times)
Teagan Grayner
Mop abuser of Cove
Covian Guardsman
Covian Citizen

I touch the fire and it freezes me.

View Profile
« on: January 02, 2007, 11:48:41 pm »

Crisp clean footsteps echoed through the long stone corridor and the typical horror scene of birds fluttered off overhead leaving nothing but small feathers which twisted and turned as they gracefully fell down through the metal netted roof. The overall mood of the room was glum and only a single beam of moonlight lit a small section of the room.. no, the prison;  and a faint whimper occasionally treated the otherwise lifeless room not even rats took refuge there. Abruptly the footsteps stopped and the gentle squeaking of leather sliding against leather sounded as a shadowed man leaned down next to a curled up woman.

Her, what, was once white dress was torn at the bottom and muddy in places and her blonde hair curved around her muddy tear stained face. The shadow layed his hand on her shoulder and shook lightly the single moon beam lighting up his pale unscarred face. The raven black hair which hung over his eyes was stringy and shifted ever so lightly as he moved and through the gaps his mesmeric blue eyes gazed. His face was overall beautiful rather than handsome though haunting at the same time the contrast of the black against white gave him a gothic 'dead' look.

The woman stirred slightly and opened her green eyes to look at the shadow, they regarded him differently now as once they had seen him as a monster and once looked upon him in fear. Of course being afraid of the darkness was a childish attribute and most grew out of it by the age of 10. She pushed up slowly and stared silently their eyes locked. He called her Doll, short for rag doll a threat which had been sent to her dearly beloved "Ever held a life size rag doll?". The shadow had no doubt that the young and fiery woman would taste sweet but only his real enemies were killed in such a groosome and painful way, and not those which were caught in between. The current living conditions were hellish but the shadow had nothing more to offer.

"I expect your hungry." he asked, his face retaining an unreadable and somewhat straight expression. His tone was deep and smooth, attractive to say the least and didn't suit him at all. It was as though the voice belonged to a different person.
"Ye expected right." she flashed him a smile, she was still able to. He regarded Doll a moment his lips pursed thoughtfully before raising to his feet the leather on his outfit squeaking again for a second time.

"I shall find you something more fitting to wear." his blue eyes scanned over her outfit to double check. She went to protest the matter but realized he was right. For half a week Doll had been kept in the cold corridor like room and for half a week she had warn her dirty white dress. The shadow turned and began walking back the way he came, his steps long and slow while he held his head high - Not proud, just confident.

Outside was no more colder than inside except there was an added strong wind, he would stop by Cove to pay a visit to Doll's precious before bringing the items required for the dame maybe it would liven up his rather dull evening. Sure enough; he was there and the rest of the place was cleared out apart from the few who slept within the mucky barracks beds.

"I thought you might want a little more information," The shadow paused as Doll's dearest lifted his head. His expression firm and hard though small signs of worry creeped across his face as time slowly passed. Of course Doll's Dearest didn't object as to why he had 'saved' her rather than hurt her.

"There are worse people, worse...creatures than me out there." The Shadow began, his tone dry and bitter as if the creatures he was talking about had hurt him in the past. He nodded along, taking in The Shadow's words carefully asking questions when needed and mental noting things which seemed important. There was one more thing The Shadow requested from Doll's Dearest, something which would not only help himself but also please his finally awaken sire Marcus - A place to call their own, home.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length