Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 08:02:16 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  OOC Boards
| |-+  OOC Board (Moderators: Kelly Sanderson, Hoagie)
| | |-+  Publish 69, partial notes. (Changes pvp a bit)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Publish 69, partial notes. (Changes pvp a bit)  (Read 3694 times)
Celuvian
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

I bring the Haap..

View Profile
« on: November 13, 2010, 01:00:36 pm »

Quote from: Mesanna;1857221
Hello everyone this is just the first of several published that will be put on TC1 as we complete the tasks.

Magery

Magic Reflection:

The magic reflect spell will once again be enhanced to provide additional tactical options in player versus player combat. At this time, any targeted non AOE spell, regardless of its circle, can be reflected(excluding Bards). This change will add variety and additional tactical options when fighting a character who has cast magic reflect.
  • When a player casts magic reflect they will receive a pool of reflection power which is based off of their magery, inscription, and scaled by their magic resistance.
  • The level of the spell cast on a target will remove power for the targets reflection pool. The more powerful the spell you cast, the better chance you have of defeating the magic reflection.
  • If the spell is not successful in bringing down the magic reflect, the spell will be reflected back to the caster.
  • Once a spell is cast that succeeds in bringing down the reflect spell, it will damage the target. This is true even if the first spell cast successfully breaks the reflect.
  • Once a reflect is broken, there is a 30 second delay before the target can cast reflect again.
  • Items of reflection will take 60 seconds to charge.
    • After equipping a reflect item there will be a 60 second delay before the reflect is active.
    • This will use only one charge from the item.
    • The reflect will act in the same manner as if it had been cast by the character wearing the item.
    • Once the reflect is broken, the wearer must wait 60 seconds before the item will place another reflect spell.
Ninjitsu

Death Strike:

Damage has been split into two parts (Direct/Physical) verses players.

Tracking damage bonus now provides additional damage based on player detect hidden skill verses players.

Hide/Invis Vs Detect Hidden

Hidden players who have been detected will not be able to rehide/invis for duration based on their hiding skill or magery skill.

Lumberjacking:

At GM Lumberjacking players will have a 5% chance to double their Lumberjacking damage bonus of 60% from base weapon damage.
Mysticism

Cleansing Winds:

· Now Factors in Curses

· Curse removal no longer based on chance.

· Each Curse Reduces Healing by 3 points + 1% per curse level

· Eg. Curse = Level 4

· Max Heal reduced by 12. Then by further 4%

· Curse Power = the Total levels of all curses in effect

· Poison reduces healing factor by 15% per level of poison.

Spell Plague:

• Now Triggers only on Spell Damage
  • Chance to Trigger is reduced by 3% per 10 points in magic resist above 70
  • 30/60/90 -> 21, 51, 81 @ 100 resist -> 15,45,75 at 120 resist
  • Base Damage lowered by 3 for each explosion
Other:

· All Potion weights have been increased to 2 stones. Empty bottles will remain 1 stone.

· Polymorped players killed with AOE spells can report attackers as murders.

· Spell Casting - Fixed issues with spell casted directly after another spell showing words of power and gestures but do not complete. Fixed projectile spells not dealing damage sometimes if casted consecutively.

· Innocent players can now damage primary targeted Innocent player with an area of effect spell.

· Hit Mana Drain and Hit Fatigue should now correctly drain 20% of the damage given from the targets mana or stamina.

· Corrected damage calculation of special move: Nerve Strike to work as intended.

· Reducing hit lower attack and hit lower defense proc duration on ranged weapons:

o Currently hit lower attack proc duration is 10 seconds for all weapons; ranged weapons will now have duration of 7.

o Currently hit lower defense proc duration is 8 seconds for all weapons; ranged weapons will now have duration of 5.

For rp pvp its mostly the magic reflect and the lumberjack change that applies to us.
Kas Valentine
Spellbook of Cove
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2010, 01:19:53 pm »

Uh oh Spaghetti O's ! Shocked

Do you think horses have magic reflect...? 'Cause that'd be mighty embarrassing, only for someone with a penchant for killing horses though, serves them right if you ask me.

/cough

Funny though, so I guess that means whatever resistance benefits the Magic Reflect spell gave in the past will no longer apply...? Heavier potions too, what a pile of buggers.

Celuvian
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

I bring the Haap..

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2010, 03:43:28 pm »

Yea I cant say I like the change too much, it will cripple scribe mages. Half the bonus worth of having the skill was the armor bonus. *grunts*

Lumberjacking could prove fun tho.
Sergio
Covian Guardsman
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2010, 06:29:32 pm »

I got reactive armor and magic reflection mixed up on there resists haha. but I personally like the fact magic reflection is going to at least resemble what it used to do.
Celuvian
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

I bring the Haap..

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2010, 06:52:04 pm »

I got reactive armor and magic reflection mixed up on there resists haha. but I personally like the fact magic reflection is going to at least resemble what it used to do.

Yes I kinda like it too, but the cost is too steep imo.
Sergio
Covian Guardsman
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2010, 12:08:32 am »

What not letting mages get extra resist?

Depending on the formula it could be good without one of the skills stated, and for europa rp it means mages wont be able to get over the resists of metal armor anymore, which I rather like. Unless you use mysticism but then you get some penalties at least.

The next step they need to do is return reactive armor to what it used to do.

I'm more concerned about how badly they destroyed spell plague as now it doesn't react to weapon damage which was an appeal for me to use it. besides destroying its damage and chance to set off on top of that it's now fairly useless.
Celuvian
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

I bring the Haap..

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2010, 01:01:42 am »

I'm more concerned about how badly they destroyed spell plague as now it doesn't react to weapon damage which was an appeal for me to use it. besides destroying its damage and chance to set off on top of that it's now fairly useless.

Spell Plague wont be coming into our RoE anytime soon (probably never) even now that its nerfed hard. Beats me but there you have it. (I dont care about fel or ooc stuff, only rp)
Kas Valentine
Spellbook of Cove
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2010, 02:10:57 pm »

Heh, I'll be interested to see if the reflection changes actually remain permanent. The last time Magic Reflection did what it said on the tin it was patched into the resistance version fairly quickly. I can't remember why this happened but I do remember the joy of bouncing spells all over the place while hunting in T2A, ahhhh glory days. It is initially going to make Arcanist fights relatively confusing, at least from my perspective at least, I have enough to think about in terms how I'm going to react without having to worry about bouncing spells into someones face or vice versa. Having said that, the thirty second cooldown time is pretty honest.

We'll have to do some tests !

See how many lower circle spells the 'reflection pool' can bounce before it breaks, etc. I'm really curious to see whether you can get a game of Pong going if both players have the spell on; to me, to you, to me, to you. Grin

When do we get this publish then?

Sergio
Covian Guardsman
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2010, 07:48:05 pm »

I know what my Europa mage template will be now just go pure and have silly fun against mages.
Celuvian
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

I bring the Haap..

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2010, 09:30:29 pm »

This publish is probably not due on prodo shards for another 2 weeks if not more, and the tests ive done with 120 magery and gm scribe is 3 magic arrows will take away your targets reflect, if you/they have magic resist too it would take more, but havent had time to test that out yet.

This is all on TC now, and is ofc subject to change as testing moves on.

I like the Lumberjack thing tho.
Leanne Martin
Hoagie's pet
The Light Company
Covian Legend

Pickles' Shadow

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2010, 10:02:46 pm »

*sighs* Always against us poor Arcanists. Filthy... Well, I best should this test several times... I'd hate SoulStone Scribe though... Nox-Mage is nice too, but for low connections like mine, a difficult thing to use it properly.

Lumberjacking is hawt though...

2x Covian Seal ⚜ Rage of Raaz ⚜ 2x Ribbon of Activity ⚜ Order of Leadership ⚜ The Richter's Crest ⚜ Order of Distinction ⚜ Jhelom Campaign ⚜ Coalition against Undead ⚜ Liberation of Nu'jelm
Delcarakdur
One-handed and one-eyed Elf
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Mess with Delc and he will wack you with his stump

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2010, 10:01:16 pm »

What is this madness. My post count below 3000!!!

Ye Be Warned. I might be back.

Octie:
This thread has reached the pinnacle of its usefulness. We've established Kas is a hippy. Thread locked.
Keitaro Kazami
Citizen of Cove
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2010, 04:31:16 am »

O_o

Jack: "Is the jar of dirt going to help?"
Diadarma: "If you don't want it.. give it back."
*Silence*
Jack: "No" *hugs the jar of dirt*
Marcus Kobra
Regular Grenadier
Cove Command
Covian Legend

"Death is certain, When is up to your Medic."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2010, 03:40:31 am »

DELC!!! Get yer peices back here!!

The Lord hath created medicines out of the earth; and he that is wise will not abhor them.
Sergio
Covian Guardsman
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2010, 08:36:39 am »

he is back I met him in destard it's everyone else that needs to come back!
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length