Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 06:58:16 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Midnight Watch! -Sea Borne Threats, Church Bombings, and Wytches!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Midnight Watch! -Sea Borne Threats, Church Bombings, and Wytches!  (Read 1046 times)
Marcus Kobra
Regular Grenadier
Cove Command
Covian Legend

"Death is certain, When is up to your Medic."

View Profile WWW
« on: July 28, 2018, 05:36:30 am »

Who:

Marcus Kobra, Regular Guardsman

Joined Later by:

A Masked Stranger
A hooded Wytch
Danaeyl, Templar Initiate (Refered to here as Sigfried)
Aries Harper, Rookie Guardsman
Avalynn Vale, Junior Grenadier (Crispy)

Tonight started with a late patrol around the Baronship household, a few stray elementals and sea serpents coming out at moonlight to nab children from their beds no doubt were put down with relative ease. All rather routine as I came around the Eastern Bay and neared the scout tower when I heard rather than saw a large vessel cut the waves not a few yards from me. No visible markings and no lanterns lit. . . As that was most peculiar I quickly made my way towards the North Docks, surely they must be docking.

I was surprised to not find the vessel and made my way southerly again along the Eastern Bay where I discovered the vessel and only one visible occupant. He was masked and for the most part ignored me as I had no means to force his attention, though he did have the audacity to ask -my- name and act as though his vessel was perfectly normal thing. Moments later a terrible explosion was heard, the bastard has fired a cannon!

A quick sprint brought me into town near the church, the Templar Initiate and I exchanged further words with this stranger when another blast of his cannon took me off my feet, perforated the back of my chain mail and split me skull like a melon with flying debris. Things got a bit fuzzy after that, I think I called the Initiate Father Sigfried. . .  and muttered about the Goblin being bombed, might have been a bit of a flashback... I'm not an expert on that sort of thing but to the point. . .

We aprehended a stranger lurking about, hooded and shrouded in mystery and bumbling words of panic. Highly suspect, more so as they resisted their arrest and in the scuffle dropped a bag of magical reagents. I was forced to wrestle the creature momentarily and with the help of Father Sigfried Initiate Danaeyl's help subdued and knocked the thing unconscious. I dragged it to the cells were I frisked it thoroughly whilst observed by The Blond one Miss Harper. I discovered numerous tomes both of familiar magics, others which I question strongly, and yet more that looked like the worst nightmares of the Abyss themselves. . .  Avatar protect me. . . These items taken I quickly decided to make certain all escape would be nigh impossible. I entered the interogation chamber and removed a length of iron bar and rope so as to properly "Buck and Gag" the suspected wytch. Well nothing suspect now as when I entered she screamed fiercely enough and in words I nay recognized, was truly like staring down a Balron as her eyes turned black as two coals! I smacked her quickly in the head with the iron bar I carried and she slumped unconscious. I quickly bound her hands to her feet and ran the metal bar between both her elbows and her knees making it so she could not find balance or likely any proper rest this night, servers her right.

The Templar then summoned me outside where I found Grenadier Avalynn sprawled and clearly scorched. I tended her wounds as best I could, it had been quite some time since I had seen such sever burns. I believe she will recover, but only time will truly tell. With her treated I moved off to find my own doctor. . . seems I took a blow to the head and may have to get some repairs to the armour.

*Signed*

Marcus Kobra, Regular Guardsman, Army of Cove
« Last Edit: July 28, 2018, 05:42:38 am by Marcus Kobra » Logged

The Lord hath created medicines out of the earth; and he that is wise will not abhor them.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length