Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 08:38:24 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  Baronship Announcements
| | |-+  Old Announcements
| | | |-+  Introduction of the Covian army support wings:
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Introduction of the Covian army support wings:  (Read 6581 times)
Octiovus
Grandmaster tyrant.
Administrator
Covian Legend

View Profile
« on: February 11, 2007, 02:09:55 pm »

Corps concept:

The Covian support wings (or corps) are 'squads' comprised of civilians which aid the Covian army in both times of war and peace. There are two corps which will be introduced initially, the engineering corps, and the medical corps. Information about the corps and the application process is listed below:

Covian engineering corps:

Concept:

“The Covian army marches all over the world, and needs a wide variety of engineering tasks to keep it moving. From streams that need bridging, roads that need constructing, and temporary and permanent fortifications that need constructing, the Covian army calls upon the engineering corps to get the job done.”

The Covian engineering corps are a non-combat group (drawn from the citizens) which work together to roleplay creating both temporary and permanent structures. They survey areas for resources, construct fortifications and other buildings via their crafting skills, and work with the Covian army on long campaigns to increase the roleplaying atmosphere. Each engineer is a highly skilled craftsman employed by the Baron who uses their skills in a wide variety of war theatres around Sosaria.

*Engineers will receive the title of engineer in game.

Covian medical corps:

Concept:

“In war, troops do not merely live and die. War creates countless victims of injury and disease, and these men and women must be tended to. To this end, the Covian medical corps aims to ensure the health and well being of the Covian army, often operating field hospitals constructed by the engineers in the heat of battle, treating the wounded as they come fresh from the field. On long term operations, the medical corps accompanies the Covian army to deal with any instances or disease or accidental injury.”

*Medical staff will receive the title "surgeon" or "physician/nurse" depending on their field.

Uniform:

The Covian medical corps wear a undyed kilt and a red sash to distinguish themselves as non-combatants on the field.

Joining:

Anyone from the citizenry may apply to join a corps by sending a board PM with the following information to me:

*Character name

*Desired corps

Once that information is received, a trial (similar to a squad trial) will be set for your character.

Good luck!

Cheers,

Octiovus.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2007, 02:16:51 pm by Octiovus » Logged

Vince Valentine BoC (01:26) :
Don't mock me! I get 10% discount at tescos!
qom_riyadh
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2007, 02:15:21 pm »

Small question:
Does the rules allow us to be killed during such battles? I mean do others know that we are not hostile in any way?
Octiovus
Grandmaster tyrant.
Administrator
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2007, 02:19:01 pm »

You can be killed in battle, it's up to the other roleplaying group IC as to whether they recognise you as non-combatants or not.

qom_riyadh
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2007, 02:24:13 pm »

So maybe someone would consider special outfits for the engineers, like the meds has? Like an apron and dark-dyed shirt with a sash dyed some contrasting color?
Octiovus
Grandmaster tyrant.
Administrator
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2007, 02:37:09 pm »

We're still considering the engineering uniform.

Any input is welcome!

qom_riyadh
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2007, 02:56:34 pm »

Fancy shirt, long pants, sash, half apron, thigh boots

Maybe some headwear?

Ooh, and of course all in covian colors...
Delcarakdur
One-handed and one-eyed Elf
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Mess with Delc and he will wack you with his stump

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2007, 04:56:48 pm »

*Dwral eyes the posted sketch and grumbles*

Bah! Tha' shi't won't stop an arrow!

*quickly sketches up a dwarf clad in Ringmail and wearing a Covian colored sash and kilt...as well as a black cap*

Tha' should do et!

*shakes head as he slowly walks out of the barracks*

No armo'...Bwhahaha! A good jok' aye!

Octie:
This thread has reached the pinnacle of its usefulness. We've established Kas is a hippy. Thread locked.
qom_riyadh
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2007, 07:28:46 pm »

As far as I know, civvies cannot wear armor (also the first post in this topic didn't say a word about armor)
John Dell
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2007, 07:56:34 pm »

Fancy shirt, long pants, sash, half apron, thigh boots

Maybe some headwear?

Ooh, and of course all in covian colors...

Those are good engineering outfits. For the surgeons should it not be some mixture between red and white? Like the red cross or what not.

"Technological progress is like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal."

Oct sayeth  (19:47):
We need more Swedes.
Oct sayeth  (19:47):
"I was stabbed."
Oct sayeth (19:47):
"But I will hold this in and carry on."

First Story       --->      Smiley
Second story --->      Undecided
Third Story     --->     Sad
Marcus Kobra
Regular Grenadier
Cove Command
Covian Legend

"Death is certain, When is up to your Medic."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2007, 01:35:29 pm »

For our Medical Corpse I was thinking an undyed surcoat (white) with red everything else which seems practical!
I mean pure white and bright red would stand out and anouce "Hey I am a harmless person Kill me you  fascist!!"

This uniform will better allow our enemies to commit attrocities! And I have calculated that covian blood shall show up much better on the white uniform thus we shall be able  to judge exatly how much any one surgeon has done in a day!
Surgeons should also be required to keep a visible tally of patients lost. This will allow injured guardsmen to best judge their chance for survival when surgeons work on them!

Hmm Taht is all I think... should I come up with more I shall let ye all know!!

The Lord hath created medicines out of the earth; and he that is wise will not abhor them.
Khaelieth
Citizen of Cove
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2007, 02:00:40 am »

I think they should be able to wear whatever they like, with something like sash and cap identifying them.

Another thought, which I'm sure the Command already has come up with; but a few things the engineers could do is run trainings on how to build outposts, blow up bridges (purple potions, anyone?), build bridges and build fortifications.

The medicals corps could teach people to become better healers; not everyone in the dark ages knew clean water, boiled water was any better than mud. Using alcohol to clean wounds, treat sprained ankles on the march, how to apply ice/cold stuff to swellings joints etc.
qom_riyadh
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2007, 06:32:23 am »

Using alcohol to clean wounds

Are you nuts?! Such waste!! Alcohol can be used only to disinfect you from the inside!!
Assamaril
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2007, 11:40:59 am »

Hello,

I am thinking pure white - different clothes male to female - plus a red sash and plus red headcover also different male to female.
Maybe this colors can be accepted by other role-player-groups - it should not be depended on nation.
Just my impression *smile*!

Assamaril
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length