Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 12:31:41 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  *A note is found outside of the Inn*
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: *A note is found outside of the Inn*  (Read 3380 times)
Takji
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« on: October 06, 2010, 09:43:34 pm »

Dear Covians,

It seems that a member of yours has lost something of value. And luckly I have found it. Now, in order for you to have it back, I ask for a "Finder's Fee". Its just a simple request, nothing to big. I mean, a measly 10,000 gold coins should suffice I think. What is it you ask? Why one is some type of an award, you can have that one back for free. The Golden Quill or somesuch.

But the other, the other is more important I believe. It is a copy of your citizenship papers. Why, with something like this floating around, I am sure there could be many forgeries out there before you could stop it!

Don't want to pay the "Finder's Fee"? That's fine with me too, I am sure someone in Vesper would be willing to buy the copies off of my hands, allowing their Soldiers to diguise themselves as Citizens of Cove. Just saying...

I'll keep in touch.

-Takji

Takji
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2010, 10:15:16 pm »

Takji
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2010, 12:21:05 pm »

*A new copy of the note is put back at the Tavern, with scribbles above Vesper. Above that is scribbled "Yew or Trinsic". At the bottom of the page is another note.*

I realized that you were sort of on sort of friendly terms with Vesper with them being so close, so that would not work in my favor. But I am not crossing them off my list completely. That being said, I am sure perhaps Yew or Trinsic would pay the fee also. I even visited your city in hopes of recieving the "Finders Fee" I so deserve, yet your Soldier on patrol knew nothing about it! This tells me that you might not want this back. So if I dont hear anything within the next twenty-four hours, I'll just have to take my buisness elsewhere.

Twenty-four hours..

I hear Yew is nice this time of year..

-Takji
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 12:27:06 pm by Takji » Logged
Linaeus
Cove Command
Covian Legend

Not the Commander.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2010, 07:43:09 pm »

*A small note affixed to the bottom on one of the posters*

Dear Mongbat,
       The papers you included a sketch of in your rather poorly conceived attempt at extortion would be useless to any saboteur, spy, or other person of unscrupulous intent. Papers granting Citizenship by authority of the Baron are presently void due to the adoption of the Council system - all four signatures must be affixed to the document for it to be legally binding. The Baron himself has retired, leaving his son to rule in his stead, and his signature appearing on further documents would garner a great deal of suspicion for their bearer. Therefore, on behalf of the people of Cove, the Baron's Council, and the Imperial Army, I humbly request that you soak your head whilst toppling down a flight of stairs, you filthy criminal.

*Signed with an amusing diagram of a stick figure with a bucket on its head, tumbling down a spiral staircase*
Commander Torrak Keres

Torrak: As far as I'm concerned, though, EA is just unauthorized modding BoC.
Takji
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2010, 08:44:14 am »

*scribbled on the back of Torrak's note*

Hmm, that does make it difficult for me, doesn't it? And calling me criminal? That hurts my feelings. I'm an honest, working man. I slave day in and day out to survive in this jungle. In fact, you should probably call me your hero. Why? Well I got a plan to help you out...

How about this, I could "accidently" give forgeries to your enemies, who would then give them to their spies. You start checking people's paperwork, and whoever doesnt have the correct ones is a spy! Brilliant, I know. You dont have to praise me or anything. All of this for a small fee, of course.

Takji, Hero and Savior of Cove. Kind of a catchy ring to it don't you agree?

-Takji, Hero and Savior of Cove
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 08:58:55 am by Takji » Logged
Kurt Alimar/Markus
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2010, 01:10:57 pm »

*Senior Kurt Alimar walks up and sees the note.*

"Hero and Savior of Cove eh? I ever see this Takji I shall smash his brains in, and he won't even get a trial!"

*Senior Kurt Alimar begins to scribble a note on the door.*

Dear Mr. Takji,
I believe you have something for me and I am willing to pay handsomely for it.  If you could leave me instructions for where you want the ten-thousand coins I will be sure to exchange the money.  Thank you for your services, and you are a hero in my book.

Thank you.

*Kurt sticks it to the door, and walks off with a sly grin.  Unsheathes his axe and says.*

"Looking forward to meet you scum bag, and so is my mace!"

Takji
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2010, 12:33:13 pm »

"Ah ha! Finally! Someone recognizes all my hard work." Takji quickly scribbles on the board.

Sir? Ma'am?...both? Hard to tell by your handwriting...

I feel honored that finally someone recognizes all I do for you Covians! If you wish to call me your hero, I will surely allow you to idolize me! But now I am confused. Your commander said that this was useless to your city, and yet now you want it?

Very well then, gold is gold. As for where to leave it, why the graveyard will be a nice place! Actually, we'll make it easy, bury it under the trunks of the first tree directly south of the graveyard entrance. As soon as I verify the gold is there, I will place the documents back in the same spot!Too easy, I know, but the greatest plans always are! I'll be checking daily! And thank you for helping support the Feed the Takji fund!

-Your Hero,
Takji, Hero and Savior of Cove

((OOC: If you want to do an in character meeting, let me know what a good time is for you. I am currently four hours ahead of Britain due to being deployed, but I'll make sure I'm there!))
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length