Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 05:15:59 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  [Plot Thread] Orcs!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: [Plot Thread] Orcs!  (Read 3095 times)
Linaeus
Cove Command
Covian Legend

Not the Commander.

View Profile
« on: March 11, 2011, 03:12:08 pm »

Orc Fort Patrol, March 11

Leading: Leith Keres, Junior Scout
Attending: Ilyana Drachen, Arcanist Corporal
                 Elizabeth Martin, Officer Cadet
                 Sergio Jarrett, Regular Scout
                 Gabriel Drachen, Junior Guardsman
                 Cal'ain Cui'gnir, Watchman
                 Veronica Tillian, Guardsman Recruit

Going on reports of increased activity in and around the Glenmore Orc Fort, I opted to lead a patrol to the area to investigate. We met unusually stiff resistance at the gates, although not enough to prevent us from breaching the walls and searching the fort. We found several store rooms containing spare equipment, as well as evidence in some that larger stores of equipment have been present there in the recent past. Similarly, we located a large stockpile of food and water. Finally, the sleeping areas in the fort bore telltale signs of a spike in population, though aside from all of the evidence of a large population of orcs being present, we were unable to actually locate anything beyond a slightly increased garrison at the fort.

As we always do, we made a point of confiscating or burning anything we found. Most notable was a note we found alongside some of the supplies, though as it was in Orcish we could only get a few things from it - it mentioned the maces present in the supply stores, as well as other supplies. Unfortunately, Orcish isn't exactly a commonly spoken language in Cove, so the note will be pinned beneath this report for future translation.

*Signed with excessively ornate script,*
Leith Keres, Junior Scout
2nd Covian Light Infantry

Torrak: As far as I'm concerned, though, EA is just unauthorized modding BoC.
Linaeus
Cove Command
Covian Legend

Not the Commander.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2011, 03:36:21 pm »

Pre-Emptive Raids, March 12

Leading: Cailin Keres, Junior Guardsman
Attending: Ilyana Drachen, Arcanist Corporal
                 Kurt Alimar, Senior Guardsman
                 Atrus Kien, Watchman
                 Veronica Tillian, Guardsman Recruit

(All donated their shares of 1,500 gold.)

Acting on orders from Commander Keres, I led a small group of soldiers to the Orc Caves and Orc Fort of Yew this evening in order to search both areas for more information on what the Orcs are planning. Meeting unusually little resistance considering the huge population of orcs in the caves, we cut through the caverns, destroying anything of strategic importance as we came across it.

In both the caves and the fort, we located numerous devices that would prove useful in laying siege to strong fortifications. We took great care to dismantle and destroy these, as well as numerous forges and stockpiles. Needless to say, the Orcs should be out of action for some time.

- Cailin Keres

Torrak: As far as I'm concerned, though, EA is just unauthorized modding BoC.
Vortimer
Church Of Cove
Guest Of Cove

DEUS VULT!!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2011, 09:14:14 pm »

Templars in Attendance:
Sir Tameris Deacon, Chaplain, Templar, and Priest
Sir Clement Vortimer, Templar and Priest

When:
12th March

Where:
Glenmore, Cove, Yew

In lieu of reading slanted Covian news on 'the orc problem,' I didst decide to investigate these matters on my own. So I didst drive my spurs fiercely into Eliduc and valiantly we scaled the chasm along the Glenmores and the sea til we were at the ramparts of the fort. I was unable to enter, assaulted by orc, who, though paltry were insurmountable in number. The situation doth fare far worse than the press hath been reporting. Father Tameris Deacon and I didst caucus on the grave matter.

We decided the first course of actions would be to quest through the woods into the City of Yew, home of many venerated Avatari saints, blessed be its name, and locate our brothers in the Western Chapter. Twould prove be a long journey indeed, Guardian-spawn infesting the woods, particularly in my homeland of West Altmere, which hath fallen into despair and disrepair since I left and took my vows.

We didst arrive in Yew unable to find our brothers. The gate was locked and so Calimachus and Eliduc were unable to have much needed fresh oats and water. We didst hitch them to the tree and went to investigate Stonekeep Church. The door to the cloister was locked, tis likely the clergy remains there and twould be very severe for us to interrupt their monastic prayer. Instead we decided to travel to the tavern and see if we couldst find a Guardsman to help us, and certes we didst witness first hand the carnage that hath been caused by the plague. Shortly thereafter we didst return to Cove, invigorated and firm in our belief in His cause. The orcs must be beaten back forthwith, it is the responsibility of the Templar Order to keep Covians safe from Guardian in whatever way he doth choose to manifest himself. 'Twould seem he hath metaphorically assumed the likeness of a wargoth likely commanding the twisted trickster minds of the green-skins.

There shall be fighting and there shall be bloodshed.

Adeste Fideles

*Signed in archaic and imperious script*
Sir Vortimer

"The Covian Beau Séant is half black and half white, for that is the character of a Templar. Our wholly white tabards represent fairness towards Avatarians, whilst our leaded black capes show we are dark and terrible towards heretics." —Fr. Clement Vortimer
Leanne Martin
Hoagie's pet
The Light Company
Covian Legend

Pickles' Shadow

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2011, 02:00:32 pm »

2x Covian Seal ⚜ Rage of Raaz ⚜ 2x Ribbon of Activity ⚜ Order of Leadership ⚜ The Richter's Crest ⚜ Order of Distinction ⚜ Jhelom Campaign ⚜ Coalition against Undead ⚜ Liberation of Nu'jelm
Leanne Martin
Hoagie's pet
The Light Company
Covian Legend

Pickles' Shadow

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2011, 01:42:49 am »

2x Covian Seal ⚜ Rage of Raaz ⚜ 2x Ribbon of Activity ⚜ Order of Leadership ⚜ The Richter's Crest ⚜ Order of Distinction ⚜ Jhelom Campaign ⚜ Coalition against Undead ⚜ Liberation of Nu'jelm
Pickles
Cove Command
Covian Veteran

Vinegar soaked Cucumber.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2011, 08:39:09 am »

Religious Pilgrimage

Led By:
Thomas Harwick - Templar

Attending:
Elizabeth "Pickles" Martin - Officer Cadet
Sergio Jarret - Regular Scout
Cal'ain - Watchman
Marcus Kobra - Wandering Meatshield

After complete his Mass concerning the origins of the Orcs, Father Harwick led us on a pilgrimage to the Ankh Dungeon to pray for guidance to The Higher Being. We met light resistance as we travelled from the Humility Gate to the dungeon. Once inside we were attacked by hordes of undead, but we were able to quickly dispatch them and reach the center room, where we defended the Templar from a constant brrage of Skeletal Knights, and Lich while he made his desperate call to The Higher Being, asking for guidance and assistance with our constat struggle with the Orc population in Cove.

After completing his prayer, we quickly returned to Cove and disbanded. We can only hope that The Higher Being heard our call and will answer in ou desperate time.

*Signed*
Elizabeth "Pickles" Martin
Officer Cadet

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length