Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 10:08:08 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Memories of an old mind
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Memories of an old mind  (Read 1379 times)
Hrothgar
Played by a Icelandic banker
Cove Command
Covian Legend

The Old One

View Profile
« on: April 27, 2010, 03:17:59 am »

[OOC: These are flashbacks and old memories of Hrothgar, the thoughts and rantings of an old man. They are in no special order.]

The battle of Serpent's Hold

The ground beneath our feet trembled and produced a great symphony of metallic footsteps as we marched towards the massive moongate erected by Cove's finest arcanists. As i stepped through the blue, glowing door i felt disoriented and physically drained but quickly regained my posture as i found myself in an unfamiliar location. The island of Serpent's Hold, a mysterious and terrifying place far from the eye of the Britannian dynasties.  It resembled some sort of ancient fortress and i saw by the look in the eyes of my men that this massive stronghold was a terrifying prospect to them. Most of them were young and inexperienced, i recall one of them even tossing down his shield and running off into hiding in the woods for the remainder of the battle.

It was no surprise to me that this was now a Kaldorian colony as they seemed to feel a certain attraction for odd and ancient places. I knew we had to raise the spirit of the hundreds of Covians formed behind me or this battle would be the end of us all. I turned to face them and watched for a moment as the heavy rain barraged their rusty armor , they were tired from the march and afraid of the forces that would soon unveil themselves. 

I glanced from one soldier to the other, observing their expressions and as a grin formed across my face i straightened my back and started beating my shield with the handle of my blade as hard as i could. Their eyes widened and for a moment they just stared at me, the crazy fool of a captain that instead of inspiring them with words simply beat the front of shield over and over like a savage barbarian. Alas! Few of the men began to join me and in a few moments the entire formation was beating their shields like some massive barbaric horde of marauders. The beating of our shields caused such a great thunderous sound that i was certain it reached our enemies at the other side of the island and as a piercing arrow it cut through their morale. By the end most of the men were screaming for the blood of the green invaders..

We began our march towards the center of the island, the men still excited and motivated - but that was cut short as a gathering of battle horns were sounded only a few hundred feet from our position. The expressions on the men quickly turned to looks of terror as green riders came out of the woodworks accompanied by dozens of tamed war beasts snarling at us. Even i halted in my steps as i gazed upon the approaching legion, i turned to face Tiberius Kane and as he shrugged his shoulders in a careless manner he raised his blade in the air and began sprinting towards the enemy force screaming his lungs out. The men and i were inspired by his courage and quickly began running behind him all of us screaming for their blood.

Cove fought bravely that day, but we underestimated our enemy. The Kaldorian legion was a powerful foe and they managed to drive us back and into retreat. We were forced off the island and back to Cove.. defeated.

Victory may not have come to us on that day, but it was not all in vain as we now knew what we were up against and could now plan a more precise strike against them to once and for all remove them from our plane of existance.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length