Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 08:33:11 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  OOC Boards
| |-+  OOC Board (Moderators: Kelly Sanderson, Hoagie)
| | |-+  Reasonable prices?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Reasonable prices?  (Read 2305 times)
Farfar
Danger to Sobreity
Citizen of Cove
Covian Regular

Cuddly little drunkard.

View Profile
« on: September 06, 2007, 01:39:18 pm »

I wonder about how much I shall charge for my services and wares. Is 1000 goldcoins alot, little or an average amount for repairing a full suit of armour? If i get 20 goldcoins as extra payment, shall i then be happy, or grudge for his cheapness?
   Something to go on would be great...

Delcarakdur
One-handed and one-eyed Elf
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Mess with Delc and he will wack you with his stump

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2007, 02:51:29 pm »

I would use the regular price for repair deeds as a rule (around 30 to 50 each...)...Something which for seven pieces of armor would make 210 to 350 gold and for six 180 to 300 gold.

But ye could also charge us in "shillings" and let us pay a fixed amount og gold.

Octie:
This thread has reached the pinnacle of its usefulness. We've established Kas is a hippy. Thread locked.
qom_riyadh
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2007, 03:11:17 pm »

Don't have a clue, tbh. It's much easier with pricing craftables, but services? Hmm...

Seeing that most ov boc guardsmen are devilishly rich (auction proves that Tongue ) I think that calling for 2.5k gp per full suit isn't that much Wink

Man needs to earn for a beer or two after all, eh?
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2007, 03:14:28 pm »

On Amon I only tend to charge a couple of hundred for repairs etc. and then only if asked how much.

Usually I craft bits and bats and do repairs for free - but thankfully most people give Amon some coin or a gem as payment.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

userjosh5368
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2007, 09:10:10 pm »

Well RP wise 100 gold coisn would be alot of gold, so around 200-300 for services and charge extra for certain parts etc
Mela Arkay
'Must be stopped'
The Light Company
Covian Legend

<3 PooSwallower

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2007, 09:14:17 pm »

I think your wrong with that Dem.. you can get almost 100 gold from killing a rat so it wouldn't be hard to get that much money.. It's (to me) around 1pound per 100 gold.

Farfar
Danger to Sobreity
Citizen of Cove
Covian Regular

Cuddly little drunkard.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2007, 10:47:33 pm »

But you can get a meal for the day, including a beer, for about 20-30 Gps...

userjosh5368
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2007, 11:10:59 pm »

I think your wrong with that Dem.. you can get almost 100 gold from killing a rat so it wouldn't be hard to get that much money.. It's (to me) around 1pound per 100 gold.
Well In response to ya comment Mela Tongue
RP wise a rat would not carry like 40 gold *Rat runs about with a bag of gold coin in his mouth* Tongue Or *Rat has huge belly full of gold* Either one sounds stupid, yes game mechanics are there with gold on them .

My point is if you were back in them days 100 gold coins where alot of money if you imagine it as shillings, put it this way npc vendors in the game sell stuff for around the right price, at the end of the day RP is about making a real community not making tones of profit, in example of ingot types prices would vary e.g.

Per armour part /weapon made:
Iron- 40 gold pieces
Dull copper: 70 gold
Shadow Iron:100 gold
Copper:140 gold
Apigite: 200 gold
Verite: 300 gold
Valorite: 400 gold

Prices would raise on apigite, verite and valorite due to them having special properties and being a rare metal's .

Repairs should be something cheap like 20 gold pieces or something

Food would be rather cheap like 3 shillings (3 gold coins for bread or something) .

I'd advise to just have a look at certain, NPC vendors in Cove farmers market above bank  Wink

Can't say anymore really .
Khaelieth
Citizen of Cove
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2007, 11:25:31 pm »

Well In response to ya comment Mela Tongue
RP wise a rat would not carry like 40 gold *Rat runs about with a bag of gold coin in his mouth* Tongue Or *Rat has huge belly full of gold* Either one sounds stupid, yes game mechanics are there with gold on them .

Rats have wallets.
Moraine DiGoraz
Banned for excessive profanity.
Citizen of Cove
Covian Veteran

Unlike cool Covians I am banned for being an idiot

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2007, 06:52:22 am »

Here's something to give you an idea on current prices...

So going on this I'd say you can easily charge 50k for repairing a set of armour.
60k if that includes a weapon.

Radek Wilkes
Yewish Sergeant
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2007, 11:46:49 am »

Then look at the kryss' are scouts use, GM made.. theres no goddamn way a GM val kryss would sell for 100m. We are RPers not l337 kiddies with lots of money. 

Be reasonable.

Rbl <3 Thf
userjosh5368
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2007, 10:39:33 pm »

Here's something to give you an idea on current prices...

So going on this I'd say you can easily charge 50k for repairing a set of armour.
60k if that includes a weapon.

Well as you can see its a none RP item, Kasei you've fallen from thel igh of RP my sushi samurai friend !

Then look at the kryss' are scouts use, GM made.. theres no goddamn way a GM val kryss would sell for 100m. We are RPers not l337 kiddies with lots of money. 

Be reasonable.

As this lad says we are RP'ers not l337 peep's whatever the hell they are, no offense but gold farming is sad .
Moraine DiGoraz
Banned for excessive profanity.
Citizen of Cove
Covian Veteran

Unlike cool Covians I am banned for being an idiot

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2007, 07:37:38 am »

Seriously...

Khaelieth
Citizen of Cove
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2007, 01:00:42 pm »

None of you got what Kazuo meant?!  Cheesy

Now, children, I'll put some Blue Peter for you.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length