Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 02:23:24 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  ~~Battle of Britain ~~ Report by Gimbly ~~
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: ~~Battle of Britain ~~ Report by Gimbly ~~  (Read 2111 times)
Gimbly
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« on: May 02, 2005, 03:46:51 pm »

Led by Gimbly, Junior Grenadier ( Hunt leader / 2nd Squad )

Covain Militia:
* Ryan Greystone, Junior Grenadier
* Valiro, Junior Guardsman ( Leader 1st Squad )
* Calico Kate, Watchman
* Kal ShadowHand, Watchman
* Kas Valentine, Watchman
* Fabien, Guardsman Recruit
* Marie Le Blanc, Guardsman Recruit
* Titan Barrow, Guardsman Recruit

Alliance:
* Sukotsu, Samurai

Once again the Baronship sent out em forces to help Britain in an upcoming battle.
Hords of Titans, Ogres, Trolls and other foul minions infested the lands around
the City of Britain where their leaders quickly gathered an army to face this threat.
Our task was clear, the target given and the men and woman ready for the battle.
We left our beloved hometown, Cove, towards Britain in the evening through em
shiny moongate. I decided to split our pack into two squads, one led by the freshly
promoted Junior Valiro Gryphonclaw the other by me. After a short briefing at the local
bank in the unharmed part of the city we slowly advanced into the fighting zones
where the first wave of the beasts clashed against the defending forces
like the breakers crashed against the rocks .

Our two squads made their first stand at the north west end of the battle zone with the local
library in our back as a safety zone where we could treat possible injured commrads.
During this battle a pigeon arrived that Ryan would stand ready as reinforcement at the
barracks. Lucky we were to have a mageling like Kas in our ranks who could get him to
us in notime with his wytchcraft thingens. Short after Ryan´s arrival our groups
moved on further to the north towards the city walls. The first waves was defeated but the
next was rolling in leaving us just enough time to reorganize andget into a good fighting position.

Again it seemed that the hell broke lose as the hords charged after us. Their numbers
were countless but their fighting skills were weak and so the united forces brought em
down , one by one, leaving a bloodbath behind that shurly would leave the fields dyed red
for a long long time. After we managed to drive the hords back behind the line of the
Britain graveyard, Junior Valiro was called back to Cove for some urgent business so
i decided to merge the squads to one battle group again and lead ´em on to the north
into the next attacking wave. During such a fight yer sense for time seems to vanish so
i couldnt tell anyone how long the battle lasted but at the end , with the fall of
the lastGeneral of the beasts another day was announcing itself with the first rays of light.

Finally the victorious defenders gathered infront of an entrance of a nearby cave which
was leading deep into the moutains where the invasion was supposed to have its origin.
The lively shouts suddenly died as in the middle of the crowd a man raised his voice,
dressed into a pur black robe, surrounded by a strange aura. I didnt catch much of
his words but enough to know that this wasnt the last battle, Britain had to fight.
But there was a certain touch of hope in his voice which gave me the satisfaction,
we were right to help these people in one of their darkest hours.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2005, 08:02:22 pm by Gimbly » Logged

Society for Putting Things on top of Other Things(tm)
Shadwell
Administrator
Covian Legend

Retired Commander of the Covian Army.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2005, 04:11:04 pm »

Not only a fine Guardsman! Also an outstanding artist!

Keep it up!

The Baron's Adjutant.
Hoagie ‎(6:24 PM):
Basically, the core purpose of BoC is to troll Grd
Gregor Eason
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2005, 04:42:30 pm »

Superb report, Junior Gimbly. And a job well done to ye and Junior Gryphonclaw on leading the Covian forces.

Commander Eason,
Cove Militia & Baronship Council
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length