Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 11:40:04 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  OOC Boards
| |-+  OOC Board (Moderators: Kelly Sanderson, Hoagie)
| | |-+  WARNING EVERYONE, WATCH WHEN YOU GO AFK!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: WARNING EVERYONE, WATCH WHEN YOU GO AFK!  (Read 4221 times)
Jassi Cowin
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

I'm a pepper!

View Profile
« on: November 09, 2009, 03:51:27 pm »

This morning at around 5:00 AM MOUNTAIN TIME.. I had gone AFK, but it really wasn't for that long, I was INSIDE the barracks, and nothing could have got me there. When opened UO back up, I had seen that my character was dead and I had gone idle, so I couldn't look in my profile.. When I got resurrected, I knew for sure it was not a NPC.. As I had a chest on me with all kinds of runes, gold and cloth to make banners, clothing, gold and a few weapons.. Nothing else was looted..

Note: The chest was mine, was on my corpse when they PKed me.. And the chest is now missing!
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 04:05:45 pm by Jassi Cowin » Logged

Sash Contains:
Ribbon of Activity
Order of Distinction

Mentoring:

Faden
Life is a challenge
Citizen of Cove
Covian Legend

o[xxx]:::::;;;;;;>

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2009, 03:54:03 pm »

So the chest wasn't yours? Weird I thought by default guild or warring guild looting was off - how was it put on your corpse?

Are you sure you wern't sleep-playing?

Jassi Cowin
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

I'm a pepper!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2009, 03:55:01 pm »

So the chest wasn't yours? Weird I thought by default guild or warring guild looting was off - how was it put on your corpse?

Are you sure you wern't sleep-playing?

No, the chest WAS MINE, and it had been looted when I was KILLED..

I use the chest so I have more room in my bag space.. I always use one.

Sash Contains:
Ribbon of Activity
Order of Distinction

Mentoring:

Faden
Life is a challenge
Citizen of Cove
Covian Legend

o[xxx]:::::;;;;;;>

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2009, 04:22:50 pm »

You can't be looted on Trammel unless you in a party and allow looting?

Radek Wilkes
Yewish Sergeant
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2009, 04:25:19 pm »

If someone who is in another warring guild kills you, they can loot you.

That's what he's saying.

Rbl <3 Thf
Jassi Cowin
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

I'm a pepper!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2009, 04:27:28 pm »

Then why is my crate gone? On that note, I am pretty sure you can be looted from when your killed when in guild warring..

Sash Contains:
Ribbon of Activity
Order of Distinction

Mentoring:

Park Su-mi
Miniature Maniac
Kiran's Gang
Covian Regular

Park Su-mi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2009, 04:43:23 pm »

Thf would like to formally invite you to the annual Thf tea party. Please bring with you at least 20'000g just to, uh, ynow, show that you're a big playa and everything and that you're totally pimp. No other reason.

It'll be totally safe. <3.

RE the OP: While you have my sympathies I think a better warning would be to never go AFK revealed in the open. It sucks but people will take advantage. You can't trust every RPer out there, it doesn't necessarily mean there's a PKer on the loose just that someone's a bit of a jackass. It's really easy to hide in buildings or find someone you're friended to log out. I appreciate in some very rare situations you'll have to run AFK in an emergency but generally speaking going publicly AFK (and this included in public RP buildings) isn't smart.

Iseabel Caewood
Covian Guardsman
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2009, 04:46:18 pm »

Alright this is going to sound odd but!

I was hidden by the barracks one night, and I was watching a training that was taking place on the roof.  I think it was Elizabeth Martin who died fighting Demarian.... and I'm sitting there and I see the emote of a headless looting a corpse.  

Obviously there wasn't a headless on the roof, but it looted her from the ground and took her reg wooden box thingy.  I didn't even see the headless right in the immediate area.   It was slain and low and behold, it was on the headless.

So maybe somehow that is what happened if other guilds cant loot us?

Park Su-mi
Miniature Maniac
Kiran's Gang
Covian Regular

Park Su-mi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2009, 04:56:24 pm »

Other guilds can loot you. Trust me. I play a mugger.  Wink

Radek Wilkes
Yewish Sergeant
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2009, 05:10:19 pm »

I think it was Elizabeth Martin who died fighting Demarian....

This cannot be true.

Rbl <3 Thf
Celuvian
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

I bring the Haap..

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2009, 05:54:43 pm »

You could've checked your journal and seen *"Someone" is atacking you*. Unless you closed UO or something. Might have revealed the perp.
Jassi Cowin
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

I'm a pepper!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2009, 07:33:19 pm »

You could've checked your journal and seen *"Someone" is atacking you*. Unless you closed UO or something. Might have revealed the perp.

Aye, I ended up going idle, was pissed..

Sash Contains:
Ribbon of Activity
Order of Distinction

Mentoring:

Railen Morana
Citizen of Cove
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2009, 10:07:44 pm »

ANYONE who is in a guild with a "War" Highlight can loot you in Trammel or Felucca, in town or out of town. By the ROE they are only supposed to take whatever contents you have in a Yellow Bag (which we really should all carry, but sometimes mine is looted and I forget to get another one for weeks at a time) I like to put fun things in there once in a while- gold, gems, candy...whatever. I should start doing bag art in them really. Or...put all my garbage in there and make it like a mini bagball Muahahahahah
*shifty eyes*

To my knowledge ROE states that people should not be attacked when people are AFK. The barraks has long been a place people could go inside and go afk without having to log out.  Hiding is always a good idea. So is having your journal up and keeping it up while you're away so you know if someone...oh I dont know...wrote on you and gave you a false moustache while you were asleep or something ICIly! Or stuck your hand in warm water... see, really, Hiding is best to keep merry pranksters from messin with you when you're not there. Su-mi is right. No one has ever messed with  me if I needed a quick out if my charicter is in the bathroom at the Goblin.

(Next bit deleted  by author because It was ill worded. Sorry!)

If  people are being killed inside while AFK, that is a clear breakage of ROE that could and should be taken to command to deal with. After all- we dont all have a small fridge and microwave by our desk with a granny style porta potty to sit in for a chair, and one doesnt always have a place in town they are friended to...

Monsters cannot loot from outside of a building to inside of a building. If it happened it was a major bug, and should be reported to EA or Mythinc or whomever it is that takes in the Bug Reports.

I lost all of Maddys stuff to a bug with a Lich ( It respawned another and though my body was not bones yet, we couldnt find the origional lich's body and retreive my gear- I think I swore a few times and then got over it and thanked the folks who tried to help me retreive it! Thanks again guys.) so I know how it feels to loose your pixels, and what a pain in the arse it is at times to replace them... But really, in the end thats all they are. Replaceable pixelated art.

« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 11:49:55 pm by Railen Morana » Logged

Park Su-mi
Miniature Maniac
Kiran's Gang
Covian Regular

Park Su-mi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2009, 11:06:41 pm »

Wait, what? Who brought Thf into this? No member of Thf should be attacking anyone AFK, we're well and truly capable of pwnzing noobs who are at their keyboard.  Wink

And yeah AFK ganking might be rule breaking but I'm not being funny, if you're the sort of person that's going to wail on someone who's AFK then you're probably not the sort of person that gives a fuck what the rules say.

Just... don't go AFK revealed. Really. Nobody should be doing it unless they've got an IRL emergency.

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2009, 11:18:32 pm »

Just a note and as far as I this works -  the forensic eval skill, if used on your corpse, will list anyone who's disturbed your corpse.  Even at 0 skill it will work on your own corpse.

I don't know whether this will still work if you deconned and relogged but if your journal no longer shows who you were attacked by then using Forensic Evaluation might reveal who ganked you for future reference as it doesn't help much now.

But as Su-mi says, with JOAT you can pretty much hide most places easily enough so bear this in mind if you need to go AFK.

It's not something you should HAVE to do if everyone played by the rules but unfortunately some people don't.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length