Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 04:57:12 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  *A Church notice is nailed all around Cove*
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: *A Church notice is nailed all around Cove*  (Read 2492 times)
Garak Nightchill
The Light Company
Covian Legend

View Profile
« on: March 24, 2007, 06:50:11 pm »

The Bishop leans back in his chair, looking deep in thought.  After a moment he motions for a scribe to begin writing his words.  

With grave concern I have noted a growing trend amongst the people of Cove.  Ignorance.  Ignorance of Avatar.  Ignorance of the Avatarian Faith.  Ignorance of the eternal damnation that awaiteth the heretic, the heathen and the blasphemer.  The Faithless hide behind ignorance like a guardsman behind his shield.  But, my children, ignorance will nay shield ye from Avatar's Wrath.

The heathen will stand forlorn and in agony in the deepest pit of the Abyss, suffering unspeakable torment.  And he shall gaze upwards screaming for mercy, begging for Avatar's intervention.  "Avatar, I had nay idea!" they shall scream.  Still the agony will continue, the unceasing torment at the hands of the Guardian's imps.  "Avatar! Have mercy, Oh Lord!" they will shriek.  Still they will be lashed with whips of flame and punished for their sinful ways.  "Avatar, I did nay know!"  

And Avatar will gaze down upon them from the heavens and thus spaketh;  "WELL, THOU KNOWEST NOW!"  

Thus shall it be on the final Day of Judgement when Avatar's Divine Kingdom shall descendeth upon Sosaria, when the Faithful Avatarians shall be exalted and the Faithless shall be cast down with the orcs and the drow into the Abyss.    

Ignorance of the Lord is no excuse.  Have the Courage to learn the Truth of the Lord Avatar, and accept His Love.  Or suffer eternal damnation.  The choice is thine.

In Nomini Deus,

Father Reynard Destain
Bishop of Cove

qom_riyadh
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2007, 09:03:36 pm »

*Qom reads the note. Shrugs a bit, and recalls an experience he had once during a mass. He noticed a woman smoking a pipe! He was so shocked, that he dropped a bottle of ale he was holding.*
Kelly Sanderson
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

By Jove and Sheeshy McGee!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2007, 11:51:12 am »

*Kelly limps past the notice, still injured from the previous day's Mass. She double takes as she relizes the notice. Scowling, she rips the one of many notices down in annoyance and mutters. After screwing it up and throwing it on the floor, she continues to limp on her way...*

John Dell:
My ultimate aim is to nag someone to the brink of total blindness and hate that they kill me.

John Dell:
It's for me like for you and pies; if one is staring you in the face you just can't leave it alone.
John Dell
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2007, 01:23:24 pm »

*Dell nodded knowingly as Tiberius told him, with a slight bitter tone, what the note read.
"Ignorance is goin' ter be fought with death sir. This is true."*

"Technological progress is like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal."

Oct sayeth  (19:47):
We need more Swedes.
Oct sayeth  (19:47):
"I was stabbed."
Oct sayeth (19:47):
"But I will hold this in and carry on."

First Story       --->      Smiley
Second story --->      Undecided
Third Story     --->     Sad
Shadwell
Administrator
Covian Legend