Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 02:39:28 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Watchman's Trial: Delcarakdur - COMPLETED
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Watchman's Trial: Delcarakdur - COMPLETED  (Read 1876 times)
Gregor Eason
« on: April 08, 2005, 05:52:17 pm »

*As you sit at the barrack tables you can see the common on goings within Cove moving by. Peasants trying to sell their wares or services to the local guardsmen and recruits getting ordered around by a shouting officer*

*After a few minutes of peace and quiet screams and loud curses emerge from the stairs leading to the Baron’s office followed by a young peasant girl running passed you towards the door crying loudly*

Useless!! Every single one of you creatures are useless! Wild rats feeding on a bloated corpse are more efficient!!

*An old man dressed in a long dark robe emerges from the shadows near the stairs limping towards you and continuing his curses upon every living soul in the barracks*

She called that tea! Ha! The eyes fluids of a sick and crippled mongbat would taste better then this!

*Snarling the old man tossed the tea cup towards one of the walls breaking it into a thousand pieces*

This day is as dark as a flock of ravens covering the sun! If only I could fin-

*The old man turns his gaze towards you and a slight smirk can be seen on his bearded face*

Well well well… This town might be useless… but there is always a whelp around when you need one!

*Cackling to himself the old man limps towards you and holds a gloved hand in front of you*

I am known as Daelin Solamnus little one… I am the voice of wisdom to his Lordship the baron of Cove… his.. ‘’advisor’’.
And I have a task for you whelp.. For this task requires one still swift on his feet..

--------------------------
There are two certain items I have just been dying to get in my hands… two very special items..

One of these items is but a piece of a larger one… there is a cave near Cove.. The name of our town is spoken in it.. I require you to travel deep in these caves until you reach a certain crypt.. In this dark crypt you shall find a throne.. But not just any throne.. A very special one indeed.. I require a piece of this throne.. I want you to get me a piece of it any way necessary! Blow it up… cut it into a thousand pieces.. I don’t care!

*Rubbing his beard the old man narrows his eyes and keeps staring towards you*

The second item I require has been a more sensitive case.. Since there is a collector of exotic items within the town of Haven and he possesses the item I want! But the damned snake won’t give it to me before I do anything for him!

Go seek out this slick serpent and ask of him his tasks! Complete them and bring me back my item! Tis a black piece of rock you search for.. The size of a mongbats head.

*Hissing the old man aims a firm slap towards you head*

Make your feet swift as the wind sapling! And do not return until you possess the items I crave!

*With a final hiss the old man moves his sight off you and limps towards the door continuing his curses along the way*

--------------------------
Post report below.

Commander Eason,
Cove Militia & Baronship Council
« Last Edit: February 02, 2006, 08:56:25 pm by Gregor Eason » Logged
Delcarakdur
One-handed and one-eyed Elf
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Mess with Delc and he will wack you with his stump

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2005, 06:36:11 pm »

*Delcarakdur walks in and tosses a scroll on the commander's desk*

To the commander and Daelin, the barons advisor...

Firstly I decided to do the second task first, I didn't like the prospect of going down  into the depts of covetous at first...

After digging a bit around I learned that this collectors name was Elwood, and as the Daelin had mentioned, he lived in Haven. The first task he set for me was to fish up 6 rainbow pearls from the lake around haven...

It didn't take long to get them for him, and I got the second task from him: He wanted a portrait of me by the famous painter Alberta Giacco in Britain. Alberta agreed to do it only when I said I had been sent by Elwood.

The painting done, my third task awaited me. I was to obtain, again in britain, the autograph of Gabriel Piete, the famous ministrel. When I arrived there he refused to sign me an autograph, unless I brought him a shhet of music he could sign it on. But not any sheet of music would do and he requested that I obtain one from the imprsiaro in Jhelom. This I had to pay 10 gold for and I then returned with the signature to Elwood

The Impresiario handing me the sheet music
   Then all I had left was the fianl task. I was to obtain 4 monster toys from a renowned toy maker in Trinsic. The 4 monsters he needed paintings of was: A wisp, a stone gargoyle, a giant scorpion and a juka warrior. The only one posing a problem was the one of a juka warrior.

The toy maker gives me the enhanced paints
I then returned to Elwood telling him that his toys would soon be ready. He therefore considered my quest done and he gave me some gold, a magic shield and a piece of a gargoyle statuette.

Now for the second quest. This one was more delicate and certainly more dangerous. Fighting my way into the throne room in covetous wouldn't be easy.
I found the entrance to the tomb: It smelled of death and decay, and strange guardian statues told me to turn back lest I die a gruelsome death.

The entrance to the tomb
   The tomb was filled with undead abominations, worthy only of being crushed beneath my blade! I finally reached the throne room with good help from recruit Fabien, who happended to be exploring the crypt at the same time. I commend him for his efforts, a true exemplar of a recruit! I chipped off abit of the throne with my sturdy axe and then Left the crypt before more undead arrived...

A mysterious note is found under the throne...
  I did however find a piece of paper with a code of sorts on it... It said 3-4-1-5. I didn't know what to do with it so I though I should spare that for later and leave it to you sir to decide what to do with this information.

Therefore I consider my tasks done and the only thing left is to hand the two items over to Daelin.

*signed*
Delcarakdur
Watchman of the cove militia
« Last Edit: April 11, 2005, 04:37:49 pm by Delcarakdur » Logged

Octie:
This thread has reached the pinnacle of its usefulness. We've established Kas is a hippy. Thread locked.
Gregor Eason
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2005, 04:11:30 pm »

Excellent report, Watchman Delcarakdur! I am most pleased with your efforts, and that of Recruit Fabien's.

Commander Eason,
Cove Militia & Baronship Council
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length