Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 08:11:59 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  Element boards
| |-+  Citizen Board (Moderator: Hoagie)
| | |-+  TALW establishing business relationships - Trade mission to Trinsic
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: TALW establishing business relationships - Trade mission to Trinsic  (Read 1645 times)
qom_riyadh
« on: March 14, 2007, 09:08:49 pm »

Couple of days ago I was invited by fine guardswoman Eve to join her and mister Amon Jarl in a trip to Trinsic. After setting up some details, like "who-sells-what" with mister Jarl, and preparing needed wares, I went with my packhorse, the Hayabuser, to the barracks, from where we were going to leave. Since our guardsmen are always busy, we had to wait a bit to complete the whole team, and were ready to depart heading our first stop: the Minocian Moongate.

Don't mind the Headless One, he's just resting

As usual, during the trip people got all scattered around the surrounding woods, and again we needed some time to gather together again. On one stop, my brave packhorse, the Hayabuser slain a Mongbat with a single hit! Seems that I must quit adding nightshade to his hay mixture. Nevertheless we jumped into the moongate, and in the blink of the eye we were near Trinsic. We were told to reach the most crowded spots of Trinsic, but when we arrived there, it looked like all Trinsicians disappeared into thin air. Long story short, the ratio of Covians to Trinsicians on the streets was like 8:1. But then, we saw a man, standing near. Like true businessmen, mister Jarl and me knew that it's a first opportunity to do some trade there, and quickly approached him presenting our finest wares. Poor man, he must have been overwhelmed by the quality of finest silks, finely sewn clothes, top-quality tools and best wood types in the land. Apparently he forgot his tongue in his mouth and went away.

Maybe he never seen so many quality items in one place...

Seeing that there is noone there to do business with, guardswoman Eve decided to go to the northern Trinsic gate, because we were told about some people there. I was most surprised when people seeing us coming run away screaming. I don't know, maybe they've heard about the Hayabuser?? We have set up two stalls there, and slowly people began to visit us to see our wares.

Marketing and PR comes first!

At last, a man came interested in the one of my wares, the recent hit: Da MailboxTM. We negotiated for a long time, unfortunately for me he only bought a single mailbox. For a bloody 1200gp!!! What times do we have! I cut my own throat, selling our top-notch wares for such low price! Dumping! A bright day robbery!

Hmm, did I say 'family'?

Ehh, hard times, hard times. But! The man admitted that this mailbox will be the first one of such type in the land where he lives (Molas? Lamas? Mamas? Ahh, Malas!), so I hope that it's gonna be a great advertisement of our fine wares. After couple of minutes, we were ordered to pack all things up, and headed home.

Although maybe not very profitable, the trip was interesting and enjoyable. On the other hand, Britain wasn't built in one day, eh?
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2007, 09:37:42 pm »

Good stuff Citizen!

70 Shillings awarded - Qom.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length