Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 07:30:41 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Rescuing Miss Freckletip
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Rescuing Miss Freckletip  (Read 1582 times)
Jon Trent
Covian Guardsman
Covian Regular

View Profile
« on: June 05, 2009, 11:15:38 pm »

*A report left on Aliryl's desk*

The Rescue Of Miss Freckletip.

Led by: Me'ann, Watchman.

Attended by: JT, Junior Guardsman. Penny Freckletip, Citizen.

I saw Me'ann at the barracks having walked back from the orchard. He said we had a mission to do, to rescue miss Freckletip from the slavers that had held Addy's sister and the other arcanist. The Watchman said he'd scouted the slaver's hideout and that it was across the bay. With the storms and rain as it was I was happy to take the long way round and walk along the coast.

We headed through Altmere and skirted the northern swamps before  heading southwards to where the slavers had held our friends captive. There was no sign of the brigands, just a lone gargoyle guarding the gates and that was taken care of easily. Once inside the stronghold the elf asked me if I was religious and then took off his armour and started meditating. I cradled my bow and watched him as he got up and touched a stone of the stronghold's wall to reveal a hidden entrance.

The elf must have discovered the lever earlier and was trying to impress me. Once inside we were faced with heavy steel doors that the Watchman blew off their hinges with his magery and in the second vault we found miss Freckletip. I smashed through her bonds with my halberd and we hurried outside. Me'ann aimed fireballs at the straw thatched roof and before long the place was ablaze and we headed back towards Cove and the rain.

We encountered the usual threats on our trip back but they were dealt with easily and we arrived safely in Cove where we took Penny to the tavern where her friends were waiting to meet her.

I hope my report is up to scratch ma'am?

JT, Junior Guardsman.

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2009, 11:27:47 pm »

A messenger brought word to Amon from the Commander about Penny's rescue.

"Ah! Excellent! My dear Penny is safe!"

Amon penned a note addressed to Me'ann and JT.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Gentlemen,

My utmost thanks to you both.

I see you are both archers. I will craft you both the bow of your choice and colour it black or red if you desire. I also have a generous cheque waiting for you both. Please send word of your choice of bow and where I can deliver my thanks to you in person.

Amon Jarl, Nobleman.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Aliryl
Dead Elfie
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2009, 06:01:39 pm »

Good work.  I am sure the abilities of elves are beyond understanding at times but I doubt Me'an was out to just impress you.

*signed*

Aliryl Trefynwyd

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length