Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 01:13:55 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  *A Note Left For The Commander & Captain*
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: *A Note Left For The Commander & Captain*  (Read 1363 times)
Jon Trent
Covian Guardsman
Covian Regular

View Profile
« on: June 12, 2018, 08:17:05 am »

[ooc: This report is OOC info, unless you bore witness to the events described]

Adding To The List Of Enemies.

Last eve, Captain Morana instructed me to infiltrate the grand meeting in Vesper and gather what intelligence I could on their political stance towards Cove and our allies in Yew, in order to complete my Light Company trials.

I dressed as a simple member of their townsfolk and mingled with the gathering crowd as their leader Esca Flowne prepared to address his people. There were some persons of interest in the crowd, notably Sioned, who runs the Swaggers inn, Devante Stirling, my former commander in the Royal Marksmen, the deserter Tingleith and someone named Fenris Blackmyre whom I recall seeing in Cove recently, as well as the elf that was the root cause of the current tensions, Cal'an.

During proceedings, Esca declared Sioned as his head of security. He obviously has lost faith in the Redguard and those he appointed to protect the town whilst he was away. He also announced that whilst he would remain as Vesper's Chancellor, he was stepping down as it's governor, opening the way for the elf Cal'an to step into the role.

He then asked his people to vote whether or not Vesper should declare war on Cove and Yew. Many of their townsfolk seemed undecided on who to follow but in the end it was decided that whilst remaining 'hostile' towards Cove and Yew, they would not be openly aggressive and would close their borders and 'turtle in'.

The re-formation of the Blackguard was also mentioned, to spy on our allies and ourselves and a standing order that any Covians or Yewish found within Vesper's borders in uniform are to be removed by force.

Once again, the Vesperians promoted their acceptance of elf, orc and gargoyle kin, in fact an orc roamed freely among the throng, as did a number of hired mercenaries. One other point to note is that the Fenris character, who I understand was lording himself as a 'witch hunter' recently in Cove, was openly trying to incite the gathered Vesperians. Calling for attacks on the Covian and Yewish churches and labeling Covians as animals.

*signed neatly*

JT - Junior Guardsman.

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2018, 08:32:30 am »

Good work Trent!

If that bloody elf becomes governor of Vesper and they hold true in giving him our seat on the council... I can nay see the Baron bein' pleased...

*signed*

Raiden Morana, Captain.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Hoagie
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Actually a Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2018, 08:54:25 am »

*Hoagie reads the report and grunts. He sweeps it to the side of his desk, grabs a blank piece of parchment and begins writing.*

Dear Escaflowne,

(https://stratics.com/threads/a-letter-to-escaflowne.400229/)

*Signed*
Hoagie Grayner, Commander
⚔ The Richter Crest ⚔ The Covian Seal ⚔ Order of Recruitment ⚔ Minoc Liberation Campaign ⚔ Kaldor Line Campaign ⚔ Vesper Civil War ⚔

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length