Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 05:38:56 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  Guardsman Boards
| |-+  Light Company Board (Moderator: Linaeus)
| | |-+  The Scout ideas thread.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: The Scout ideas thread.  (Read 4409 times)
Aliryl
Dead Elfie
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« on: October 29, 2009, 05:28:32 pm »

As it is not possible for one person to think up everything that needs doing and people have differing opinions as to what is a good idea.  I thought to add this thread so all Scouts and Potentials can have some input.

Faden
Life is a challenge
Citizen of Cove
Covian Legend

o[xxx]:::::;;;;;;>

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2009, 09:14:47 pm »

• Scout ONLY hunts where we practice certain things such as making a sentry in the middle of Doom.
  • Scouting events to the new SA lands

Keane Wakefield
The Light Company
Covian Regular

Keane in Green

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2009, 10:17:17 pm »

I think one of my weaknesses are on is the geography of UO... I think we need to do events that bond the group together.

Jenifer Feather
Cove Command
Covian Legend

The Light Company

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2009, 12:51:28 pm »

Weekly Training:

I shall be continuing to run the training event each week, this will hopfully bring a sence of unity to the Scouts which i feel may be lacking at the moment! The training sessions will work on a four week rotation system,

Week One: Tactics and Agility Training.
Week Two: Survival Training.
Week Three: Kit Inspection and Combat Training.
Week Four: Relaxation Evening.

This rotation will allow us to work on Scout tactics as a group and will also allow us to have some fun together on the fourth week! Fun was always a large part of how I ran the scouts and I dont want to lose that.

Cartography Events:

Since we are planning the take over ot Altmere now is a perfect time to be running some mapping missions into that area. Unfortunatly it has been made Pickle's challenge to get these maps commissioned, I shall talk to her about getting us Scouts to do it, because that makes sense ey!?

Also, after the battle a few weeks ago it is clear that we have A^K and Coll to look into for mapping... Which leads me to..

Intel Gathering:

We havn't had a good disguised trip into enemy territory in a long time! Lets sort this out. We all get dolled up and head into Vesper or A^K's area (though A^K have never had great spontaneous activity so might be better -V-) and start getting all the inteligence we can. Always fun, and is in a way, what we are here for!

Conclussion:

Ill be back ingame as much as I can in a few days, Sunday and onward basically. Though my life is pretty hectic at the moment, holiding down a fulltime job and working Sound projects on the side is pretty tricky, but I am still here and I do still love you all.. Lets get the Scout Train a'Rolling! CHOO CHOO!!

Aliryl
Dead Elfie
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2009, 02:56:17 pm »

One of my trainings will be in the use of disguises, so hopefully if that occurs before the Intel gathering one it should lead in quite well.

Jenifer Feather
Cove Command
Covian Legend

The Light Company

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2009, 03:10:13 pm »

Awesome, Well we can save getting intel on towns for after a nice bit of disguise training. We used an actual disguise kit last time.. but I dont remember much about them.. i tihnk they were pretty annoying to be honest >.<

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2009, 03:11:03 pm »

Good stuff Jen.

Just a few further suggestion's from you friendly neighbourhood GM to see what you chaps think of them. Jen may have touched on a couple already but here goes:

Wilderness Training.

RP trainings where Scouts and potentials learn to forage and live off the land. Including flora and fauna possibly extending onto teaching people the importance of potions, petals and fruit and also the art of poisoning. Not forgetting the construction of 'hides' and how to blend into your surroundings etc.

Disguise Training.

One of the core roles of the Light Company is information gathering. It's imperative that army command is kept up to date with happenings regarding our enemies, allies and also any internal threats within the Baronship.

If you're caught in uniform 'spying' you could well cause an international incident or end up tortured and mutilated so learning the use of disguises is a must. Disguises should be practical and of course believable if you are to infiltrate foreign lands successfully.

Shadow Striking.

The Scouts are the army's light infantry, mobile skirmishes who attack from the shadows. However these strikes need to be co-ordinated to a high level of competence and teamwork. The LC needs to work as one whether bringing down an enemy mage in combat, assassinating a dignitary to destabilze a foreign power or to knock some unsuspecting fool who is needed for interrogation.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Aliryl
Dead Elfie
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2009, 03:18:08 pm »

Gah, spoke my mind on the Wilderness training, well and idea given to me by Kelly that sparked something else.  I'm planning on something along these lines as well.  Perhaps a forerunner, practicing techniques, followed by the real deal.

Disguise training we have pinned and shadow striking is a definite must.

Kal/Mathew
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2009, 04:54:21 pm »

I was looking into holding a Training on weapons and their different uses. Perhaps sometime next week I can set it up and get that rolling Seeing how have a veriety of weapons back into the squad, it would be good to know who hit first and whi finishes with the last strike.

Could set up a simulation senario, and go from there.

Jenifer Feather
Cove Command
Covian Legend

The Light Company

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2009, 09:40:14 pm »

Personally I think this might all be a little bit too focused on training.. perhaps I should have expanded my post about the weekly rotation of trainings I intended to hold..

Week One: Tactics and Agility Training.

This included working on the Valiro Manouver in the first week, which is essentially striking from the shadows, as one, with a fancy name. Will continue with more advanced tactics in later trainings.

Week Two: Survival Training.

This essentially IS wilderness training, going to involve camping out in the forest looking at plants, all that sort of stuff. Tracking techniques, survival techniques, the works.

Week Three: Kit Inspection and Combat Training.

Team based attack and defend scenarios. Working on different weapons and special attacks. Kit inspection.

Week Four: Relaxation Evening.

Doesnt really need explaining.

I think in terms of trainings we have everything covered, we need to start thinking of fun Scout events that arn't training sessions.. If either Ali or Kal wants to take over the weekly training session for a week just shout. So that you know the rota i will be making a thread for the trainings after next weeks training session, that will tell people which training is which week and hold the reports from each session.

Ill start thinking on fun, not training, events for us ^^

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length