Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 12:15:19 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  Element boards
| |-+  Citizen Board
| | |-+  Citizen Task Board
| | | |-+  Completed Citizen Tasks (Moderator: Raiden Morana)
| | | | |-+  Vinces new clothes
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Vinces new clothes  (Read 2413 times)
Vince Valentine
Cove Command
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Carl Hammond - Detective

View Profile
« on: November 11, 2006, 02:45:49 am »

Vince storms into his quarters, slamming the door behind him.

"Bloody fashion, i can't keep up! How am I to impress my sweet Kelly under these conditions? I need a new wardrobe....."

The task

Create a set of clothing that is cutting edge in the fashion stakes!
Make it suave, sophisticated, and above all swaggerrific. Any clothing may be craftered (Barring the elven clothes) and a document of how you accomplished the task should be pinned below this notice.

Conditions

Only Tailors may take on this task

This task can only be completed once per player (Including alts)

A painting of the final outfit should be posted along with the document

Go forth, Tailoring people, and make me look good once again!

*Signed*
          Vince Valentine
       Grenadier Sergeant

qom_riyadh
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2006, 10:30:25 pm »

They say that Ladies love strong, handsome men in uniforms. But when it comes to Mister Valentine, the thing is quite different - for Mistah Valentine already has his Lady, and wants to look terrific fer her, which is natural.

So, meh get some materials, some recent editions of "Sosarian Good Looking" and sketched some projects.

I would like to present them roit below.

Project I - classical, plain, yet very elegant.
Set consists of:
  • Dark-gray feathered hat
  • Plain-white fancy shirt
  • A surcoat, also white, made of top-quality silk
  • Dark-gray long pants
  • Very durable sandals, made of spined leather
  • Cloak - dyed with an elegant, deep red color, made of heavy suede
Project II - modern, moderate, for evening events
Set consists of:
  • Tricorne hat
  • Deep blue fancy shirt
  • Body sash, sewn of golden fabric
  • Dark blue long pants
  • Elegant shoes, again made of spined leather

I hope that my ideas suit your taste. If you have any questions, sah, or ideas, please contact meh.

Sincerely,
Qom Riyadh
Vince Valentine
Cove Command
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Carl Hammond - Detective

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2006, 10:07:32 am »

Ahha, interesting, interesting.
Project one i like the look of very much Qom, project two though, as stylish as it is, is perhaps a little too colourful for my sweet Kellys tastes.
Good work my man

30 shillings awarded

Teagan Grayner
Mop abuser of Cove
Covian Guardsman
Covian Citizen

I touch the fire and it freezes me.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2006, 05:59:35 pm »

Clothes for Vince

I agree Qom's selection of clothes was good but in such a case you need a woman's touch. I'm not so good with the needle but I know the basics. I'd ordered some cloth of Qom a while ago but he didn't get it so Hoagie brought me a batch from his paycheck from Haven tailors. I thought since winter is coming we'd have something warm for our dear Vince to wear. A soldier can't catch a cold, can he?

Me starting my sewing

First I began by making a tunic, it took a good couple of hours where Snudrud was trying to steal everything I own but finally I got it done. The tunic had furlined sleeves on the inside for extra warmth. The fact I haven't sew-en in a while showed as I found myself with many pricks on my fingers.

Pricking your fingers really does hurt!

After sewing all the fur parts I decided it was best to mix the dyes and get the perfect colour which just scream "Vince Valentine!" I decided with a nice creamy blue.

Mixing the perfect colour for Vince.

Now it was time to dye the clothes, stuffing the tunic in first i swirled it around making sure the dye got into the fabric then ran as fast as I can outside leaving a trial of blue dye on the floor and loads on my clothes!

Making the floor more colourful.

I then rung the tunic out getting blue dye all over the grass outside the tavern and all over my hands and legs! And I was soon joined by Hoagie who watched. After doing the same with all the other clothes I hung them out to dry.

Ring a ding ding!

Now that outfit was complete I took the hours to sew up the next. I decided on a more Avamass theme for this one as it draw's nearer each day! Vince I expect a large gift for this! Refilling the dye tub with water I began mixing the colours in, getting red dye splodges all over my work shirt.

Hoagie in the background modeling the outfit!

I dyed the parts which I wanted red, red, then changed the dye into a green colour and dyed the rest green. Now my work was done so I decided it'd probably be best to move the tub and clean all the mess I'd made up before any customers or even Grief came in and saw! So taking up the tub of green dye I started for the gate.

Cleaning is what I do best.

However there was spilt dye paint on the floor and I slipped over spilling all the green dye EVERYWHERE including over myself!

Oh NO!

Hoagie found this quite funny (I could tell, his expression wouldn't stay firm!) but after a stern eye while I was lying in a pool of green he soon straightened himself out and made to help me!

Urggh sea of green!

Finally when I found it funny I began mopping up the floor with the mop. Even though Hoagie stood there!

Mopping up the mess.

After a glare or two and a kick to the knee Hoagie finally got the point and grabbed a cloth and began to help me clean up the green dye.

Hoagie finally joins!

After all the mess was clean it was finally time to clean myself up! I can't really say much for my hair however. Clothing dye is a lot stronger than hair dye and next to impossible to get out of hair so for now, I'm green.

======

Outfit Number One:

Blue Tunic   
Blue Cap
Blue Long Pants
Blue Fur boots

Look at Hoagies Cheesy smile!

Outfit Number Two:

Green Feathered hat
Red Doublet
Green Fancy Shirt
Red Long Pants
Green Fur Boots

Looking Swiss!

Vince Valentine
Cove Command
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Carl Hammond - Detective

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2006, 01:54:58 am »

Ahh a womans touch eh? I like the sound of that!

Quite simply an outstanding documentation Teagan, and the first outfit looks rather swish indeed.

But my mouth did drop when i saw the second outfit! The avatarian green and red combo does indeed suit me well! In fact, i'll take a set, as soon as your able to make it.

If you tailor types keep this up, i may just look presentable by the time the festive parties get here....

(OOC: Green and red is my fave RL combo! Cheesy )

70 shillings awarded, Teagan Trix

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length