Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 04:45:29 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  The Diary of a Director
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: The Diary of a Director  (Read 1138 times)
Tiolas
« on: June 20, 2006, 10:45:48 am »

*This is the handwriting of Larique Pattien*
Dear Diary.
It was a successfully night. It seems there are still people out there whom have a passion for acting.
It was the first of the three classes. I looked around the room and noticed a lot of nervous faces. Young and old were gathered here, in this new build theatre, an achievement indeed. We started with introductions, and I asked them to explain what they thought to get out of this class. A lot of them did not know why they came really, and felt very uncomfortable as all eyes gazed upon them. As more people got introduced, the more actually came into the theatre. These day's ye can nay expect people to be on time. When introductions finished we ended up with around 13 people.

We started with a small flexing and shaking warm-up. Many laughed at the funny sight of the man with the chicken, whom managed to get the chicken wiggling simultaneously with him. 

Then we proceeded with a good starting improvisation exercise. I set a scene, and the actors and actresses were allowed to join in that scene, but only when they felt ready. With the first scene, many stayed watching on the side lines. One side of them really wanted to act, but the other side could not bring up the courage to step on stage. It was a pirate ship scene, which allowed for a lot of easy creative imagination. With the second scene I believe nearly everyone got on stage and joined into the hystericall impersonation of Stonekeep.

Then I  got them working in groups. The main focus of this was to help those whom were nervous. If they do not have to act alone, they feel less afraid of the being the centre of attention. So Three groups of four were put together, and all were given a theme to base the skit around. The three theme's were: birds, desperate and Rose.

Some wonderfull creative moments in all skit's were good for some laughter and sobs. This class shows potential, and are willing to put in a lot of effort. It was an absolute fantastic evening, and they were wonderfull people. I hope they show up next week, because that will be a tougher challenge for them.

The names I can remember were: Cecil (chickenman), Kiran, Marija, Lyim, Amber, Darek, Olchafa, Kelly, Vincent,Joey and Kado(and an elvish girl, forgot her name). There were more whom joined and left, but I am old and can nay remember them all. Now I am going to get some sleep dear Diary.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length