Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 01:25:44 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  The May Festival Market
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: The May Festival Market  (Read 2658 times)
Freckletip
« on: May 04, 2009, 12:35:41 pm »

Persons in attendance:

Baron Octiovus

Penny Freckletip, Citizen
Maibaum Holzfee, Commoner
Manuel Calavera, Commoner
Mary Salle
Aeryn O'Niall

Hoagie Grayner, Captain
Torrak Keres, Sergeant
Kal ShadowHand, Officer Cadet
Aliryl Trefynwyd, Officer Cadet
Delferium, Mercenary
Celuvian Haap, Arcanist
Leith Keres, Recruit
Aslin, Recruit
Tsukiyomi Mori, Recruit
Adrastea Martin, Recruit

We were joined by merchants from Skara Brae and Trinsic, buyers from Vesper and Yew, and Nathan Hawke, Commander of the Royal Guard, who chatted a while with our more distinguished guests.

This Sunday the Memorial Square came alive with traders hawking fresh fish and game, baked goods and garden plants, hunting-bows, house-wares and tailored goods. The crowd, with purse-strings loosened by free-flowing ale and wine, enjoyed warm weather and a merry atmosphere.

Scenes from busy market stalls. All manner of things were on sale, from lanterns to love potions, pillows to pie.
I joined a number of brave souls who entered the screened stall of the Skara Braen fortune-teller to have our cards read.

An over-ambitious raiding party of orcs was beaten back before business could be much disturbed. But there was no missing the ruckus when several of the Yewish Guardsmen began to harass the Baron himself... going even so far, I heard, as to swipe his cap.

Covians were quick to come to his aid, and Sergeant Keres was called upon to duel for the Baron's honour. As gawkers gathered around a makeshift fighting-ring-- I heard some who stood near me (very worryingly) call it a 'bloodbox'-- a series of challenges rang out, so that there was fighting throughout the rest of the day for those with a taste for that sort of thing to watch. The mood had lightened, at least. As for me-- I returned to my stall.

Above: An orcish raiding party is quickly despatched. Below: Rather pettier brutes than the orcs
insult the Baron and start trouble. The Company are quick to respond.

If I'd had any worries about the turnout that morning, I was soon far too busy to make a fair guess at how many faces both new and old I saw throughout the day! My thanks to everyone who attended, and especially to Mai Holzfee, who helped to set-up many of the stalls.

Yours sincerely,

P. Freckletip
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 01:13:15 pm by Freckletip » Logged
Axiana
Axiana Masteen
Citizen of Cove
Covian Regular

Covian Patrician

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2009, 01:32:46 pm »

Penny Freckletip, Citizen of Cove awarded 75 Shillings for report, organisation and taking part.
Maibaum Holzfee, Commoner awarded 65 Shillings for organising and taking part.
Manuel Calavera, Commoner awarded 30 Shillings for taking part.

Linaeus
Cove Command
Covian Legend

Not the Commander.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2009, 02:42:02 pm »

Baron's Honor: Defended
Madsen: Defeated
Orcs: Destroyed
World: Saved

Mission: Accomplished

Keres out.

Torrak: As far as I'm concerned, though, EA is just unauthorized modding BoC.
Maibaum Holzfee
I've got wood!
Citizen of Cove
Guest Of Cove

I'm ok.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2009, 06:12:24 pm »

The Rise, Fall, and Rise (and another fall) of Buckbean!
With the orcish incursions, I felt it necessary to move our respective animals to safety...

The weird elf-lady then made one of those glowing blue thingies that led to Cove Towne, and led Buckbean through it, and thus off the roof!

*nailed haphazardly to the bottom of Penpen's report*

Mai -x-

Manuel Calavera
Cove Army Supplier
Citizen of Cove
Guest Of Cove

Crafter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2009, 10:00:32 pm »

The May Festival Market

*Signed*
Manuel Calavera
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2009, 10:03:39 pm »

Ahhh... A grand market, orcs defeated and Madsen's arse kicked!

Sounds like another Covian Victory to me!

Unfortunately some severe ailment and nay my honeymoon kept me from attending. *shifty eyes*

*signed*

Raiden, Commander.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length