Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 07:05:06 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  *A Sealed Letter Addressed To The New Commander*
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: *A Sealed Letter Addressed To The New Commander*  (Read 2692 times)
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« on: October 21, 2008, 10:31:20 am »

*A sealed letter is sent to Raiden Morana to the Covian Barracks*

*The letter is sealed with the image of a black widow spider*

Morana.

It comes to my notice that the responsibility for the settlement known as Cove lies largely with you. This being so, I shall be calling upon you shortly to discuss matters of mutual interest.

I note that you have harbour access and this is something that also interests me – there may be something in it for yourself.

Vierna Hun’ett
2nd Daughter House Hun’ett.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2008, 10:42:34 am »

*Raiden read the letter, arching a brow*

Mutual Interest? What the bloody hell do Drows want with Cove?

*He pondered a moment before laying the letter back down on his desk*

There's been a few Drow sightin's recently and Veldrin has returned from a long while away... I wonder if this has anythin' ter do with her?

*Raiden shuddered slightly as he thought back to his early days in the old Cove Militia. Like many recruits he had always been fearful of Veldrin but he'd also been curious and intrigued by her also*

I wonder what this Vierna sort is like...?

*Grinning to himself he raised an ale bottle to his lips and rocked back in his chair... CRASH!!!*

*Muttering could then be heard emanating from his office*

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2008, 01:38:57 pm »

OOC: These events are OOC information unless either character has shared them with you etc.

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2008, 09:45:05 am »

*Heralds throughout the Baronship hail*

Hear ye, hear ye...

<a href="http://cove.fantasyworld.nl/forum/index.php/topic,11242.0.html>Church blames Drow for city invasions and graveyard infestations. [/url]

Axiana
Axiana Masteen
Citizen of Cove
Covian Regular

Covian Patrician

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2008, 03:41:29 pm »

*On the night of the Halloween bonfire, Axiana is approached by a cloaked woman with greying skin, liken to that of a drow.  Axiana writes of her ordeal...

...The cloaked woman beckons to me.  It is most urgent, she says, that I meet with her mistress! She forces me not, but curiosity gets the better of me, and I go with her.  I followed her east from the memorial park into a portal.  I believe myself mad to have followed her, but not at that time...

Where are we then?  I have not the slightest idea!  In front I see a tall building of dark grey stone, framed with dark grey sky.  Some parts of the stone I notice to be engraved.  The woman gestures for me to follow her up the grey stone steps and we walk through two heavy metal doors.  But no sooner as I am inside, I hear behind me the sound of those doors being locked!

I recall looking about me then, though I try to forget, the walls are bare grey rock, and candle lighting illuminates what I can only describe to be bone decorations and statues of black or grey rock.  The cloaked woman gestures to some seats.  I see big cold stone chairs surrounding a large stone table and beyond them I notice two more women coldly staring at me.  I sit in one of the large stone chairs, and I wait...

I hear some movement and voices behind me and I turn to see an uncloaked drow woman speaking with the one that brought me here.  The drow dismisses her with the wave of a hand and her cold eyes now bore into mine as she comes towards me.  Her hair is whiter than snow, her eyes cold and violet, she wears a skin of dark brown upon her chest, it appears to be unlike any leather that I have ever seen, and she wears a skirt of deep red that trails the floor when she walks.  I look away.  I realise that I am standing once more, leaning on the back of the stone chair.

She speaks to me with clarity in an authoritative tone, that of a person who gets what she wants.  I sit down again upon her instruction, I dare not disobey.  She introduces herself as Vierna Hu’nett, Second daughter of the house of Hun’ett.  I am offered refreshments, I refuse.  She begins to ask me question upon question.  I know not where the questions lead, but there are many relating to Cove’s Avatarian Faith and the Church.  Vierna shows a propensity to hate the church and all men in general.

She tells me she wishes to show me something?  I am given little choice and therefore follow her down into a basement area.  I dream still of what I saw.  The stench here is indescribable.  Torn flesh, blood and bones litter the floor and cling to structures of such I have never seen, their colours vivid against the grey stoned walls and metal gates of cell after cell.  I wonder if this is the last place I will see before I die here?  I am brought to a cell, there is a naked half starved human rotting in it.  She tells me now that I must deliver a message to the church, telling them of all that I have seen, that they will be her guests here and never leave, if they persist in their efforts to degrade, blame and persecute the drow.

I am returned to Cove.  I write a letter to the church telling them of my ordeal

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2008, 04:06:47 pm »

*Raiden sets the report down on the desk and stares ahead coldly, his lip upturned in a snarl. He gets up and leaves the Baron's office slamming the door behind him.*

65 Shillings Awarded ~ Axiana Masteen.

[ooc]Nice report Wink[/ooc]

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2008, 08:28:12 pm »

It's no secret that the lands are under siege. Undead have risen from the graveyards and crimson dragons terrorise Sosaria's towns. Not so long ago Cove suffered too at the hands of the Vanguard invasion. Something must be done...

However when you get the land's various dignitries in the same room, even if the topic of discussion is saving the world as we know it, the inevitable happens...

Fortunately common sense prevailed, just and it was decided to explore various avenues to turn the tides on our tormentors, find their hiding places and take the battle to them!

*signed*

Raiden, Commander.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length