Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 10:15:20 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Command Task ~ Garrison Hawke
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Command Task ~ Garrison Hawke  (Read 2597 times)
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« on: February 25, 2009, 12:21:18 pm »

The Commander peered over the admin clerk's shoulder and murmered to himself. "Hmm... Hawke seems ter be settling in well. Keepin' busy and the like. He's showin' some promise."

The clerk nodded absently.

"Let's see how he handles a little leadership eh?"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Recruit Hawke,

To prepare ye fer yer trials and life as an accepted mercenary in The Company i'm tasking you with leading a hunting expedition ter the location of yer choice.

~ At least 2 other mercenaries must accompany you on this mission. Though the more the merrier eh?
~ The destination of your expedition is up to you. Whether it be a dungeon or a trip to Ilshenar or Tokuno etc. The choice is yours.
~ You must collect at least 20,000 coins. 10,000 for the coffers and the rest split amongst you and your fellows.
~ Post a full report below.

Commander's comments: Leave plenty of room in your packs fer loot, but be sure to have all the bandies, potions and petals ye require also.

Good luck recruit.

*signed*

Raiden, Commander.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 11:42:48 am by Raiden Morana » Logged

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2009, 11:43:21 am »

*Re-pins to the top of the board*

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Hawke
Watchman
Covian Guardsman
Guest Of Cove

Mercenary at Heart

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2009, 07:10:51 am »

Report: Command Task~Garrison Hawke

Raid on the Bushido Dojo

Lead By: Garrison Hawke, Mercenary Recruit

Attended by:

Torrak Keres, Mercenary Corporal (Company Skirmisher)
Kal ShadowHand, Officer Cadet
Raven, Company Skirmisher
Aliryl Trefynwyd, Mercenary Recruit
Jon Trent, Mercenary

Torrak, Raven, Aliryl and myself each donated 8300 gold pieces to the coffers.

With the help of Mercenary Corporal Torrak Keres enough a me mates was rounded up for me to accomplish my Command Task. I chose the Bushido Dojo located on Homare-Jima, one a the Tokuno Islands as the target for our hunt. I'd heard word that the Ronins and some ninja were attacking settlers to the south of their Dojo.....seemed like a good place for a raid.

Torrak, Kal and Raven meet me at the barracks where we prepared for the hunt, we'd be joined on site by Aliryl & Jon almost right after we arrived, after checking our kits we marched to the minoc moongate and made our way to Homare-Jima. The Bushido Dojo is located ta the north of the gate, in the middle a some thick woods.

We quickly set off northwards and almost immediately after enterin' the woods we was set upon by a few Ronin and a Elite Ninja. T'was a tough fight, ain't no shame in admittin' them ronin are some fierce warriors, and the woods seemed ta be swarmin' wit 'em, but we stuck tight and everyone kept a good eye on each other (only had one or two instances the whole hunt where someone got knocked).

We caught up wit' Aliryl and Jon in the woods and continued towards the Dojo. We meet some resistance in the front courtyard, but nay as heavy as it had been in the woods....that would change.

I placed a covian banner in their courtyard.....seemed like a good reminder fer them, next time they decided ta pick on some defensless farmers..and wot not.

We all made are way into the main structure of the Dojo, and thats when the real fun started! Was kinda like knockin' down a hornets nest...damned ronin and ninjas were coming from every direction, but once again everyone kept in a tight formation, healed their mates and bashed the hell outta them ronin and ninjas!

It took awhile before we got a break from their attacks at which point it was decided we had enough gold for the task, and had also made a impression on the locals...so we fought our way back through the woods and ta the gate, where we found a freshly placed Yewish banner...so we placed a nicer lookin' Covian banner next ta it!

We all headed through the gate and found another sheep-lovers yewish banner at the Minoc gate. The others went ahead ta the barracks while Aliryl and I begun placin' another banner fer Cove....Aliryl said she'd report ta ye about that incident.

I made me way back to the Barracks and complimented everyone on how well they fought and thanked them all fer helpin' me with me task!

The loot was divided and Corporal Keres helped me square away the gold for the coffers.

10,000 gold for the task
another 33,200 donated by the above mentioned!

Sketches of the event:

*Signed*

Garrison Hawke, Mercenary Recruit

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2009, 08:05:33 am »

Grand work Hawke!

Covians are nay match fer 'em ninja an' samuari!

*signed*

Raiden, Commander.

Kal/Mathew
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2009, 09:08:39 am »

{ Sites back and looks over the Report }

Meh 'ated attacken meh former bretheren, but them los' their ways an' took to robben an' killen of the inocent. I can nay stan' fer tha'.

Well led mission there Recrui'. Kee' u' the gran' work. Per'aps ye will beh a full Mercenareh soon ehh!.

"Them was nay match fer the Warriors of Cove known as the Mercenaries"

Officer Cadet: Kal ShadowHand

Raven
Highlander
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Legend

The Highlander

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2009, 11:34:41 am »

Covians are nay match fer 'em ninja an' samuari!

Sir, don't you mean Ninja and Samurai are no match for Covians?

Good expedition Hawk!

⚔ The Richter Crest ⚔ Order of Distinction ⚔ Border Wars ⚔ Trinsic Campaign ⚔ Vesper Civil War ⚔

[22:37] Hoagie: I think Raven would make a hot girl
[01:57] XxwarbringerxX: Raven would indeed make a hot chick.
Linaeus
Cove Command
Covian Legend

Not the Commander.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2009, 04:39:45 am »

Showed 'em whats what, eh!? Excellent teamwork on everyone's part.

- Corporal Keres

Torrak: As far as I'm concerned, though, EA is just unauthorized modding BoC.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length