Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 10:15:12 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  [COMPLETE] Command Task ~ Pickles
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: [COMPLETE] Command Task ~ Pickles  (Read 2573 times)
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« on: April 01, 2009, 09:05:35 am »

Raiden unfolded the application as he walked back into his office. He chuckled lightly as he read to the bottom. Well she certainly has potential he thought.

But some of the clowning around will have to stop and there's more to being a leader than simply ordering folk about. A little brushing up on officer etiquette and a little mentoring might do the trick.

Afterall I'm nay noble born. I was raised through the ranks and had to work at it too.

Greetings Pickles,

So ye want ter be a Cadet eh? Well then, let's see what yer made of.

~ Head ter Britain, home of the Royal Guard and Officer's school. There's bound to be a tome or two in the library covering officer etiquette to give ye a few pointers.
~ Lead a parade drill under the watchful eye of an officer/cadet. At least 2 mercs must be under your supervision.
~ Report to me for some mentoring after these tasks are complete.
~ Post your reports below.

Good luck lass,

*signed*

Raiden, Commander.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 10:57:40 am by Raiden Morana » Logged

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Pickles
Cove Command
Covian Veteran

Vinegar soaked Cucumber.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 02:01:19 pm »

Parade Drill

Leading:
Elizabeth "Pickles" Martin ~ Company Arcanist

Attending:
Hoagie ~ Mercenary Sergeant (attending and supervising)
Leander "Leblah" Le Blanc ~ Company Arcanist
Cor'Vani ~ Mercenary Recruit
Keane Wakefield ~ Mercenary Recruit

As ordered, I lead a Parade drill, explaining all the commands as I went because we had two Recruits with us that day that needed to know the details to the commands. We went over all of the Parade commands which they all got pretty easily, not uch heistation or confusion. Even though many Mercenaries get confused from their left and right hands, I sometimes do, I told them all an easy way of handling that unboutfuly frightful situation where you are standing there thinking wildly "What's left and what's right?!" I told them all not to fear, but to simply hold out there hands, palms forward, index fingers up, thumbs to the side. Whichever hand makes the perfect looking "L" is the left hand! Then after knowing the left hand most people can figure out which is their right.

After Parade Drill we moved onto Battle Commands. Everyone seemed to grasp these pretty easily, I talked them through the details of many of the commands, including probably one of he most difficult ones, the "Trackers Line" I told them that a trackers line is a single file line behind the leader in which you will followin in step with him or her. The point of the Trackers line is to disguise your numbers to the enemy, if an enemy scout would to see tracks of the trackers line in the snow, or mud, it could be thought to be only a few, or even just one, person travelling through.

Concluding the Parade drill we had an armour check and kit check. A few of the mercenaries were under supplied for battle, or well, anything really. Missing bandages and bedrolls. I asked them nicely to fetch what they needed afterwards, I hope they've stocked up! The Armour check went well everyone armour looked fine and complete, to uniform, although shabby in a few spots, a little worn out. Nothing a trip to the Blacksmith or tailor can't fix!

*Signed*
Elizabeth "Pickles" Martin
Compnay Arcanist

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2009, 02:56:58 pm »

The Commander allowed himself a small grin as he read the report. Har! She wore her cap...

Good work lass.

Sergeant Hoagie informs me ye led the drill admirably.

*signed*

Raiden, Commander.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Pickles
Cove Command
Covian Veteran

Vinegar soaked Cucumber.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2009, 06:35:22 am »

Research at Britian

After speaking with Commander Morana about applying for an Officer Cadet position, i was told that I would need to start to become more professional and less silly so I could be a better leader and possible officer. We talked for a long while bout the requirements of an Officer, and what I would need to start doing if I would like to become a efficent leader. To be a good leader I need to be taken seriously, and conversely, to be taken seriously i need to act serious.

Uniformity:
as the books I found detailed, the meaning of uniform is actually a combination of tow sperate words: "Uni" meaning one, and "Form" meaning way. In Combintation meaning "One way" in which there is a constant, unvarying or changing. Adding to, or changing the uniform is strickly forbidden. the only time in which a military group would be aloud to change the uniform, or remove it is when off duty. this means I will need to start wearing my hat when I am off duty, or out of uniform, such as "Covian Fun Day" on thursdays.

The imprtance  of uniformity is very simple, it creates a common factor where everyone is set to an equal footing. No one is above anyone else until they earn it. Diverting form the uniform creates a false form of superiority that is can create a rift between the ranks of the company. Unifroms hold the basic structure of the Military force together, with everyone at a smae level it is easier to work together, and follow orders of those who are in control, and who have earned their place. If everyone keeps to the needed uniform it is easy, at a glance to see who is a higher rank and therefor who should be listened to.

Etiquette:

All ranking officers, or commanding officers should be saluted on sight while outdoors, while inside a verbal salutaion will be acceptable. All commands should be followed without question or contest, the commanding officer most likely hold mor inofrmation on the situtation then the common mercenary. And thus, his or her opinion is best.

An officer should always be 100% on her descision, and orders. No matter if the rest of the company see doubt, the officers must hold true to their orders. Wavering orders and weak minds from officers creates a weak Military. An officer must always be ready for the worst, and know that the lives of several men lies in her hands, the entire company can be relying on the word of theri officers. With a doubtful mind, no officer will be able to hold control of her forces, and all will quickly fall to chaos. Strong orders and a tight mind is the staple to any military organization and without such thing the organization will fall quickly.

*Signed*
Company Arcanist

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2009, 10:30:48 am »

*Re-pins to the top of the board*

Let's see that final report afore Sunday lass.

*signed*

Raiden, Commander.

Pickles
Cove Command
Covian Veteran

Vinegar soaked Cucumber.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2009, 10:18:30 am »

Final Meeting

After completing the main trials Cmmander Morana asked to see me in his office, I was sure I could make it, I had no fear, but just for double insurance I slipped into a different Bustier before going! You never know what little gesture can put you on the good side with these officers! After sitting down, and...not..taking the seat..like the Commander said... which has always confused me, to me "Take a seat" would be asking me to..carry the chair out with me, and take it away, but appearantly the Commander thinks it means to sit down. We talked for a while about my adventure to Britian, and my studies on Military, and the art of war. He seemed impressed with me, which I can't really blame him for, because I am great. We then started talking about the qualities in which a Officer needs to have. It all sounded like a heavy order to serve up, but he insured me that being a proper gentleman wasn't needed for a good officer. Who would've thought it? I mean, look at Torrak and Hoagie, they're both the most outstanding graceful, gentle, creatures that would be a wonderful officer. Concluding the Meeting Commander Morana confirmed that my application was accepted and I was to be made Officer Cadet at the next Parade.

*Signed*
Officer Cadet Company Arcanist

Aliryl
Dead Elfie
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2009, 07:19:17 pm »

*Pins a small note below*

Well done, you certainly deserve it.

Aliryl.